• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
Not for a little while.

He's busy with class and what not I assume. No rush.

:phone:
education comes first Boss. Let me ask this, how is everyone? anyone going to any tournaments in the near Future? I'm going to one tomorrow, THinking of Busting ZSS out along with Tink as my starters and if they don't get the job done.....well...

IT'S SHOW TIME!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C26qZcNcPQQ

Mike2

Smash Ace
education comes first Boss. Let me ask this, how is everyone? anyone going to any tournaments in the near Future? I'm going to one tomorrow, THinking of Busting ZSS out along with Tink as my starters and if they don't get the job done.....well...
Yup if everything works out right I'll be going to tournaments 4 consecutive weeks in a row ^_^

etecoon

Smash Hero
I think he's better off playing that way against M2K if anything, aside from MLG when M2K was on another planet it seems like that style has been better against him

THAT MINE KILL

Okuser

Smash Ace
omg a new m2k vs ally!!! my favorite ****in matchup ever. I'm gonna ****ing pop some popcorn and savor every second of that ****

etecoon

Smash Hero
I watched a bunch of recent brawl vids today for the first time in a long time, I also think M2K isn't as locked in as he used to be, he still beats most people just playing really smart but he doesn't have the same perfect control as he used to I think

could just be memory bias though, like I said I basically stopped following this game closely almost a year ago

I noticed I stopped following tournament stuff after a point. I guess the one thing I noticed compared to the past was Ally got a **** lot more patience and better timing. I recall he usually use to like rushing towards the opponent a lot more. And all of those Dair. I think one was successful and about... all the others were failed since its not a move that will connect all its hits.

But, the inside tornado grenade pull I saw a lot of which is nice. I think M2K follows people into the air a ton and his one mistake lets them get away scott free. Oh yeah, 230 views on GF, and 900 for winnters lol Ally vs DK grand finals wth?

etecoon

Smash Hero
youtube views for new england tournaments now mirroring how NE tournaments go if you actually show up to one

grand finals is code for 'everyone stop watching and go play N64 games'

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Actually, M2K has been going tryhard mode a lot recently. Basically he started trying again when the URC disbanded and the MK ban quickly came out of fashion.

:059:

My expulsion from bracket or pool is time to stop watching. Or my personal favorite. Start playing melee falcon free-for-alls with the oldschool on the TV directly adjacent to grand finals in melee.

Tryhard mode? I guess. I just think its easier to recover against MK in the air since the only thing stopping me from recovering is mistiming. Once you get that fastfall -> airdodge read, you are on the ground, MK is in the air and so slow he cannot get back down in time. Its an instant advantage to snake at that point. Its more troublesome if MK floats down underneath you waiting for a mistake. Even if the mistake doesn't come, he's on the platform ground before Snake is. Still in the better position.

Bonds

Smash Journeyman
So we know that some characters we can grab release chaingrab (falco, sheik, mk). I believe we can also air release these characters into dsmashes, along with whoever touches the ground before they can jump out of an air release. Is there a list of these characters anywhere? I want to know because the ability to kill out of a grab would be incredibly valuable to our character, even if we can only do it in a few matchups.

Black Mantis

Smash Hero

ShadowAzure

Smash Journeyman
You'll have to identify the tags/people on this one.
Vid1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZIjmF_IeWs
Vid2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV4tye3dlhU
Vid3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIOEQkDcWWA
Vid4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsk-HTy7yUU
But you had an awesome kill with your snake.
The other 3 vids are Scotty O.B. (Wario) vs Stingers (ROB) at ReSe 6/23/12

Vid 1 is game 2 (Battlefield)
Vid 2 is game 1 (Smashville)
Vid 3 is game 3 (Lylat)

Thanks for the uploads!

Alright, I'll have the videos renamed shortly.

That is how tech chasing should be with Snake. People should be taking over like 50% of damage from a single grab. But, then people would realize that if you keep rolling toward the ledge, snake will do a mistake and dthrow at the ledge and they get away.

@BONDS:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=236239
This was in the general directory. When I went under __crystal____ a long time ago, me and SuSa did this over Wifi. Bowser, MK, Falco, and Squirtle. Snake should be able to get the strong hit of dash attack on these characters, but it does not kill until super high percents. Around the 140% mark and up and depending upon stage distance from the blast zone. Its better to go for dthrow -> utilt attempts if you really want to try killing someone. But, if you manage to get that super high percent and a grab, this is a fall back method to kill them. Ness/Lucas is stupid since you can force ground release to Utilt on them, gg.

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
also, if you're AT the ledge and you dthrow someone, and you shield, they can melee get up and it'll knock you off. you can adjust to this by moving forward and shielding, but they can mix it up. rather to say I believe they have a much higher chance of getting away because they have more mix ups.

if there's a nade nearby and it's gonna blow up, (not a nade grab), I also like to fthrow or bthrow.

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
Why would you not dthrow?

:phone:
I thought Xeylode meant when you're facing the ledge and get a grab, to not dthrow

As in, the mistake is dthrowing at the ledge, not failing to grab them again

But, then people would realize that if you keep rolling toward the ledge, snake will do a mistake and dthrow at the ledge and they get away.

Bonds

Smash Journeyman
What do you mean when you ask me if I'm a fatbats legend, I don't understand?

grab releasing someone into dsmash is situational, but dsmash itself kills earlier than uptilt. I believe the little situational things are very important to know as well because it is a part of mastering your character.

Top Bottom