• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Bonds

Smash Journeyman
Maybe I should have specified for matchups against characters with only a few viable kill moves, and from the center of FD
like toon link and falco killing with upsmash

My % record is something like 240. I don't really have so many stock % records as much as "omfg you survived that!?" moments

I almost survived an ice climber's chaingrab into back air at 160% because I held down and barely missed the stage tech

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I've had people rage quit cause I survive something ridiculous. Very satisfying.

:phone:
I've never had someone rage quit on me because of that. :o

Best crowd reaction I ever had was after getting a PK Flash on a Bowser in the middle of a 'super fall' or whatever the special is called. I still lost the match but it was good.

I've never really done anything remarkable with Snake. I remember versing iKillotz at a tourney and thing that really scared me about him was that he'd take hits from his own grenades like it was nothing; it didn't seem to matter that he was taking damage as well, he'd kill me first.

So scary O.O

Oh but I have survived a 200% blow-up from a stale downB with him. 'Cept it was on a large stage... that I made... at the bottom.

Still, the only reason I survived was because I hit the wall and slowed down a bit. So i'm happy with my DI that day.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Zelda and Snake are the characters I live forever with lol. I don't get above 200 as much as I would like. D: But I do live from things that look like they should kill me a lot. :D Also i've never heard of someone ragequitting over someones DI lol. That's pretty funny.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I've never had anyone rage quit from me living super high but I've seen them stop trying because of it.

I started picking up falco this week. If only snake could rack up damage so quickly like that.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
You're usually not going to get 60-70+ damage off with snake like falco can. Racking up damage at low percents with falco is too fun. Killing with falco on the other hand is a different story...

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
You're usually not going to get 60-70+ damage off with snake like falco can. Racking up damage at low percents with falco is too fun. Killing with falco on the other hand is a different story...

His Fsmash is pretty decent. I think seagull said the other day that fox's usmash is the most powerful out of the three star furries, Wolf's Dsmash is the most powerful out of them and Falco's Fsmash is the most powerful out of them.

@ Aero: Thanks!! ^_^

Dekillsage

Smash Lord
If you have too then yes. It's better than committing and taking tons of % because you didn't just wait it out. Falco has the ability to shut down his opponents approach and can control the entire pace of the match/stock. But nah just go for a yolo usmash/fsmash and take tons of damage because that's much smarter :glare:

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
You can't force kill moves, but you shouldn't just choose the safest option everytime until your weaker moves will kill either. You have to have a balance, and that's where mind games come into play. The longer falco has to wait for a kill, the more chances he has of getting punished himself.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Yeah there's a such thing as too passive. Passive play works better at mid levels because players will still commonly overcommit or whiff moves. But at high levels of play you have to be comfortable taking risks. Part of the game is punishing mistakes. Another key part of making your opponent make mistakes and respond awkwardly/half-***** to certain scenarios because of pressure and threats.

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
Is there a way to load a a gamecube game/wii game/homebrew channel without a wiimote, using the homebrew channel?

BlindSpot

Smash Apprentice
Hi all. I just recently picked up Snake (Coming from Pikachu) because my coach said I have camping potential, and should use a character that is actually rather effective at it. Plus, I've always liked the tactical play from Snake mains.

I'm doing rather well with him so far. Have a lot to learn, but I'm enjoying the character.

I hope to get to know the people in this Snake Social soon. :)

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Hello there, welcome to the Snake boards, where nothing much usually happens.

Still a nice place though. Enjoy your stay.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I've gotten to the point where I won't even look at names unless I don't recognize the avatar. I opened the thread and was like 'wtf, when did I post that?!' And then I looked at the name. >_>

BlindSpot

Smash Apprentice
I admit, I do the same thing. So, since you've been here longer, and I would like to save some confusion, I'll change my avatar.

*Sniff* It fit my name so well though :(

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
You don't have to if you don't want to. It would just make things easier on everyone. And I've had the same avatar since 2007 lol so I probably won't change mine.

BlindSpot

Smash Apprentice
Wow, that's a long time. You deserve to keep it :p

I went ahead and changed it. Obviously not as good, but it'll do. At least until I can get a custom one.

Btw, this weekend I have a tournament, and like I stated, I'm new to Snake. So I've been watching a lot of MVD, Ally, False, and Razor. Hopefully I do well with Snake :)

Bonds

Smash Journeyman
I am not sure snake is the go-to character if you want to camp.

While he is certainly capable of it, grenades have much more depth than just camping, and there are a lot of characters who outclass or completely outcamp him in that aspect.

Wario, Falco, Ice Climbers, etc

Grenade use is overall rather complicated and if you just want to camp with them you will not be using the character to his full potential, so just keep that in mind.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I would say grenades are still considered camping, just a lot more complex and require more thought and mix ups than what people generally consider camping- i.e. just running away and spamming.

Camping with snake is definitely more entertaining than with other characters. But he also can't rely primarily on it like some characters can.

BlindSpot

Smash Apprentice
I don't want a character that has to rely on camping to win. However, I like a character that can camp when he needs to.

Even if Snake was bad at camping, I would still stay Snake. I just love how the character is played.

The first day playing Snake (Saturday) I got a footstool -> C4 explosion kill. It felt so good :D

Top Bottom