• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
Hey can someone youtube my snake match and tell me how the quality is. It's

Beetle Juice (snake) vs CPU (mk)

And know its not a computer its a person

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I personally don't like majora's mask. Though, that could just be because I decided that I had plenty of time to beat the water temple with just one day left.. I had 30 seconds left to kill that stupid fish and he was pretty much dead when the time ran out. I didn't actually think it would make you do the entire thing over again >_>
And that reminds me. Where has Kenneth been this whole time >: (
LOL What do you mean?
No one played Marth besides me?
T_T

I remember playing Marth just because Ken played him.
...And I like to wavedash easily. :D
I played marth before I even knew Ken played him :)

Then I switched to jiggs cause jiggs *****. *Loves resting*
If you wanna go anywhere in the rankings you'll have to lose alot to the high ranked people and take the chance of getting the experience points. My buddy haven (nastiest pit ever) doesn't have a very good win to loss ratio iirc but he's top 10 last time I checked.
haven is freakin ****. First good pit I'd ever fought.

Online ladder is overrated though. I used to do it and got really high, until I realized how much more enjoyable it is to play with people IRL.

Anyways, I've decided Utah isn't a challenge for me anymore. I've been using Wario for less than a week, and get first with him when all the other top players in the state (well almost) were there. Kind of pathetic. I'm not saying that my Wario isn't a beast though, cause he's pure ****. :laugh:

I went all wario up until Grand finals where I felt like I needed to pull snake out. I didn't even lose a match up until Grand Finals where he CP'd RC and MK.

I had the sickest kill in finals though. I had just barely killed his diddy and then tilted him up to like 40-50ish%. Then I dropped a c4 at my feet near the edge and blew both of us up. So we both went flying diagonally off the stage, and I fast fell a dair and the last hit connected and killed him at like 60%. Because of that kill, I ended up 2 stocking his diddy. It was madness.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I mained marth in melee, since like 2002 or 2003 or so before I really followed competitive play

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
My will to play Brawl has just completely died.
Thanks for nothing, Sakurai.

I'll just stick to textures and Melee.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Then I switched to jiggs cause jiggs *****. *Loves resting*
It's times like these where I like to bring out my favorite Wife quote:

"Jiggs is so broken, all she has to do is press downB to win."

It looks better when I don't look for it for some reason I can't really determine the quality because I'm watching it on my phone on youtube and recorded with my phone too but the sound is either really low or it has no sound at all I can't tell XD
The sound is really bad quality.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
@Beetle Juice: 1) I was gonna use your initials, but I decided not to >.< 2) The quality isn't bad for a phone. It was watchable. #) Funny 20% ko at the roof. that's just sad for MK who should be ****** the air.

I melee mains Samus. I switched to Marth when she got nerfed in brawl. I like some ranged game, so I started lookin around and kept samus as a secondary... then I played MGS and changed my primary, haha. Even though it was useless, I miss samus' EXTENDOR!

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol, those last two kills were just amazing Beetle Juice...

As for my take on Zelda games, I'm another person who think Majora's Mask was the best Zelda ever. It's too much fun.

Also, I think I'm stupid. I have no idea what AiB is... >_>

Edit: Nevermind, I'm stupider than I thought. I just remembered what AiB was...

napZzz

Smash Hero
Lol, those last two kills were just amazing Beetle Juice...

As for my take on Zelda games, I'm another person who think Majora's Mask was the best Zelda ever. It's too much fun.

Also, I think I'm stupid. I have no idea what AiB is... >_>

Edit: Nevermind, I'm stupider than I thought. I just remembered what AiB was...
Yesss more people who know how pro that majora's mask is yesssssssss

mwhahahahahahahahaa

Sandst0rm

Smash Cadet
I only play Falcon and Falco in melee. Those are just the only characters I have fun with anymore. :< I never beat Majora's Mask. *sigh* But it was hella fun.

IxxI

Smash Fence
Hai guiz.
What games do you guys play besides smash?

I play Starcraft, and CoD 5 occasionally.

Hai guiz.
What games do you guys play besides smash?

I play Starcraft, and CoD 5 occasionally.
:laugh: Where to get started...

I have a 64, CG, PS2, PSP, GBC, GBA, DS and Wii Games. Of them I probably have about a dozen or so games for each.

The games I play are typically series. So I play Harvest Moon, Rune Factory, Smash, Pokemon, Golden Sun, Fire Emblem, Lufia: The Legend Returns, Final Fantasy, Tales of, Star Ocean and Advance Wars. But those are all the ones I can list off the top of my head. Once I can get an Xbox there will be a ton of more games I would like to get for that such as CoD modern Warfare and Halo (all the best FPS are on Xbox it seems :/).

Apart from that I like to read (mostly fantasy, sci fi) and play tennis.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've been watching that stream for freakin' ever.

And as for other games... I play like... everything... Cause I'm one of the few people with every system and whatnot. I'm playing Castle Crashers right now actually.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I play lots of RPGs (tales of, Final fantasy, Star Ocean, anything by square enix basically), Street Fighter HDR and IV, Gears and Halo off the top of my head. I'm getting sick of Halo though :/

Edit: Livestreaming is the coolest thing ever!

So... Snake sucks balls in teams.

Discuss!
Depends upon who is playing Snake and who his teammate is (eg. M2K and Ally; took first last I heard).

Snake is good at doubles and bad.

He is good because he tanks, can kill early and can control the stage quite well when a person he funneled into a smaller space.

He is horrible at doubles because he hurts his teammate too much, is suspectable to being comboed way to easily, and has a harder time getting back down with so much effecting the stage.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Snake doesn't suck in teams, it's more of how the player works with their partner. you do have to change your tactics here and there, especially tossing a grenade to separate the double teaming from your partner.

yea there are moments where you c4 your partner, but that's mostly due to miscommunication... I usually alleviate this by calling left right or middle to noob players who don't know it in order to notify my partner where the c4 is placed.

heck, i'm a beast in teams with snake when i play. it's all of a matter of improvising when doing team combos with your partner

SuSa

Banned via Administration
You need:

A) A partner who KNOWS how to play doubles. (*coughs* M2K/Azen etc *coughs)

B) To have a partner that plays with you OFTEN ENOUGH to know how you play, and can compliment how you play.

So it's all about being able to work with your team mate. With the Snake being the one in charge. (Let's face it, Snake isn't much of a 'supporting' roll (like a damage racking Pikachu would be....) he's a tank and powerhouse. If you get hit by your partner, it doesn't matter as much as if your partner got hit by you.

Because chances are if that happens, you killed your partner - when they'd only damage you.

There is still the problem with how well SNake gets juggled. Once in the air he really cannot do **** against anyone. Typically he can mix things up to get back down in singles, but in doubles it's a different matter has you'll likely have one person chasing you and another person in the way of where you might try to land.

DDD is like Snake in that he can live forever and kill, but he has less problems getting comboed as he actually has decent options in air.

I have no idea why I stopped playing AiB... It's like I get an interest in it for like a couple of days then stop for weeks. At least I got to play Sagemoon once and a few others.

IxxI

Smash Fence
Hey! Ken logs in every now and then, but doesn't post. I believe he's lurking, and training with monks waiting to strike with his Marth. The monks are teaching him that having a shorter sword does not put him at a disadvantage from the rest of the cast.

IxxI has put another stereotype in that post.

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
I don't like playing online anymore. :D

Edit: Does anymore know what happened to Azen?
He was on a break until chillin came back from school, and since chillin is back so is Azen. He said he didn't feel like bringing himself to tournies, and then he said no one would come to smash with him, so he waited for chillin to come back. He's entered a few tournies, and is getting himself back in to smash shape I believe.

IxxI

Smash Fence
He was on a break until chillin came back from school, and since chillin is back so is Azen. He said he didn't feel like bringing himself to tournies, and then he said no one would come to smash with him, so he waited for chillin to come back. He's entered a few tournies, and is getting himself back in to smash shape I believe.
This is recent?

Top Bottom