• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

nevershootme

Smash Master
we don't even need to discuss techniques, we're snake, we just improvise our killings.

I need to keep track of a count of players for failing to see the mine after they lose a stock every time

I love my new sig >_<

edit: i guess it's not shown cuz it's disabled in this thread

I need to keep track of a count of players for failing to see the mine after they lose a stock every time
Some are too mesmerized by the Star KO to even bother noticing even though you can easily tell that Snake is charging a mine. I mean he even goes "uh uh uh uh uh uh" repeatly while doing it.

What is really sad is when a Snake puts down a mine and proceeds to mortar slide or dash attack into it :laugh:

But the most fun lol is when a Snake mortar slides himself into an expired C4 and dies because of it xD

I just learned to keep the C4 exploding often. Also, this makes sure that I avoid being stuck with a C4 on stage when I need it to recover.

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
The main reason I stopped maining Snake a looooong time ago (I hope you guys remember me back from when this place was dead *coughHavvokcoughSyxccoughAngelcough*) is becuase my C4s hated me. I still get killed by them exploding after time constantly....lol

Congratz on getting over the *****-mother and the modship, Havvok/SuSa.

Why is Castle Seige your favorite stage now?

The main reason I stopped maining Snake a looooong time ago (I hope you guys remember me back from when this place was dead *coughHavvokcoughSyxccoughAngelcough*) is becuase my C4s hated me. I still get killed by them exploding after time constantly....lol

Angel is not longer here. He died and went to heaven and became an angel. SuSa I am noticing is not nearly as active on the Snake boards as he once was back when it was dead xD (That might also be because everyone else got a lot more active xP)

Wild ARMs

Smash Journeyman
Anyone want to Brawl me? I'm looking for good Snake practice. And critique is welcome.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I'll play you for like half an hour, I'll probably use a lot of different characters though, snake ditto's are stupid x_x

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Wow O_o

The MGS3 Sneaking Camo is significantly more complex than I had thought.

This one will take a VERY long time to finish.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
I'll finally be able to brawl again on Friday. It probably doesn't matter to any of you but I felt that this is the place to say it.

:023:

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
I'm sure someone will care, last night there was an epic wifi thing going on in here

too bad I don't wifi

:024:

edit: lol Panda, epic. Also, commentate Genesis with Sky`

etecoon

Smash Hero
ggs wild arms, played a lot longer than I planned lol

advice time

play safer, randomly throwing out laggy aerials and smashes leaves you open if they miss, a lot of times I could just wait for you to do something silly like approach with fair and punish, don't do that, zone with ftilt more

work on your stage control, your C4 placement seemed more or less random at times. platforms are good because they cover more ground(above and below) and limit your opponents options more.

utilize dthrow tech chase, I don't think you dthrow'd me once in that whole session, dthrow is amazing, your opponent only has 5 options: roll behind you, roll away, get up, get up attack, or sit still, on most characters you can cover half or more of their options with a single action like waiting for them or shielding or running forward

need to DI better and cypher up high immediately, don't toss nades on the stage if that's going to put you beneath the stage where you can be easily stage spiked on your way back

and lastly learn matchups more, lots of matchup specific stuff you could have exploited, like snake can grab release wario into utilt or aerials(nair isn't hard for wario to DI out of but bair and uair work, if you can track his DI well you can C4 stick him too), you need to play super safe early in stocks against falco, approaching zelda from above is always a bad idea(or approaching from above with snake in general...or maybe just approaching : p), need to camp harder against DDD and utilize nade grab some there, lots of stuff like that

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
So far, Sky and I are the official commentators at Genesis. I believe Sky is finding a 3rd person to join in. I suggested DMbrandon, but I don't think he'll make the cut.

Although, its rather annoying to commentate while trying to do my best in the tournament and helping the TOs all at the same time. Not to mention friendlies/MM requests I get all the time. Welp, alls I know is that Genesis is gonna be busy <3

EDIT: Nay, good sir. I claim the "worst Snake here" title as my own.

Wild ARMs

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, fair is never intended. It always comes out by accident. =[
Kept blowing myself up and making stupid mistakes. I'm always told this stuff, but I get so nervous I just start throwing nades out there and desperately approaching... I've heard this critique before, and it's getting worse each time.
*sigh* I really need practice.

EDIT: I'll let you keep the title if you give back my catchphrase. I always say "Nay, good sir!" =D
And... Hey! You're the one that ignored me! D=

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
So far, Sky and I are the official commentators at Genesis. I believe Sky is finding a 3rd person to join in. I suggested DMbrandon, but I don't think he'll make the cut.

Although, its rather annoying to commentate while trying to do my best in the tournament and helping the TOs all at the same time. Not to mention friendlies/MM requests I get all the time. Welp, alls I know is that Genesis is gonna be busy <3

EDIT: Nay, good sir. I claim the "worst Snake here" title as my own.
That's good. I think you and Sky should commentate Brawl and Phil, Mango, and HomeMadeWaffles should do Melee. They did great work already. A sample here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4ImnibVeSg

This one went haywire after about 2 minutes. SS is to good.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
I'm sure someone will care, last night there was an epic wifi thing going on in here

too bad I don't wifi

:024:
I tend to miss all the epicness :( Only three more exams to go and I'm free :bee:

Why not wifi FFA with items. It's nice and light fun :bee: Obviously doing it too much can hurt your game but a few mindless matches never hurt anyone. :D

:023:

Exia 00

Smash Champion
I played all-items-on-high FFAs with friends yesterday for like an hour then did duelists for 2

****s too good :D
Sounds like fun :) Funny **** always happens with items on :laugh:

That reminds me, I need to find the custom stage wifi hack. Then I can play duelist online :bee: on Friday :(

Duelist is the ****! I can never tech when I get to +200%. It's so hard XD

SuSa

Banned via Administration

Havokk not Havvook.
*kills self*

cheetacuz007

Smash Apprentice
i had a hiatus from smash for a few months and then i come back to see a new tier list. so im wondering... how did wario get so high?

etecoon

Smash Hero
yeah, I've considered wario to be a top 5 character for a long time and really in a lot of ways better than snake

Top Bottom