• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Hey guys I'm back :\

So how useful is this:
-Grenade-grab OOS
Right grab is Snake's only reliable OOS (Shield-grab)? Why not instead of only grabbing, try dropping a nade. Just pull out a nade then shield an attack then grab the enemy.

-Fastfall mine-cancel
Jump or short hop then fast fall then when your about to land on ground (SAME TIMING AS LINK'S QUICKDRAW), use the C4/remote mine. If the mine didn't appear then your doing it right but if it didn't, keep trying. You can take advantage of your wrong attempts by mixing it up with your successful attempts. This can be used for mindgames or confusing the opponent. You can take advantage of the clicking sound by making the enemy think that there is a mine on that certain spot. Got to Lylat. If you get close enough to the opponent and you use this. The Animation for sticking will be slightly seen while there is no mine. In other words, great use for mind games.

Sorry if these techniques are useless and sorry if someone found this out already.

etecoon

Smash Hero
messing around with controller stuff again this morning, B stick can let you do a lot of interesting explosive tricks, some really unusual stuff...need three sticks :/

So what did you guys think of this:
Berserker01 said:
-Fastfall mine-cancel
Jump or short hop then fast fall then when your about to land on ground (SAME TIMING AS LINK'S QUICKDRAW), use the C4/remote mine. If the mine didn't appear then your doing it right but if it didn't, keep trying. You can take advantage of your wrong attempts by mixing it up with your successful attempts. This can be used for mindgames or confusing the opponent. You can take advantage of the clicking sound by making the enemy think that there is a mine on that certain spot. Got to Lylat. If you get close enough to the opponent and you use this. The Animation for sticking will be slightly seen while there is no mine so, you can fake the C4/Remote Mine to confuse. In other words, great use for mind games.
I'm posting a video of me playing and how to apply this technique soon. Probably on Friday

Drift108

Smash Apprentice
can someone help me with the rob matchup??

he shut down my gernade game with his laser and his little draddle thingy is messing me upp

napZzz

Smash Hero
can someone help me with the rob matchup??

he shut down my gernade game with his laser and his little draddle thingy is messing me upp
switch to mk, get a lead and camp him. You dont have to think about what to use to beat his approaches because you can just nado sort of smart and space aerials he wont be able to punish anyways ; )

Turazrok

Smash Master
switch to mk, get a lead and camp him. You dont have to think about what to use to beat his approaches because you can just nado sort of smart and space aerials he wont be able to punish anyways ; )
This.
10thises

Also berk, link doesn't have a quick draw. That's Ike. lol

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Quickdraw is the name for when Link shoots an arrow as soon as he hits the ground, since it comes out faster than shooting an arrow regularly.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
messing around with controller stuff again this morning, B stick can let you do a lot of interesting explosive tricks, some really unusual stuff...need three sticks :/
I'm pretty sure that anything you can do w/B-stick you can do with normal B, but I am interested in the unusual stuff that you found.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I'm pretty sure that anything you can do w/B-stick you can do with normal B, but I am interested in the unusual stuff that you found.
Retreating wavebounced nikita for who know what, retreating wavebounced C4 for those pesky plankers, retreating wavebounced Cyphers for that pesky SL'ing MK... I can't think of anything else. Don't know how dependent on smash-stickign most Snake mainers are (apart from DACUSing), but I can't think of a single good reason why anyone would want to B-stick... Even reversed wavebounces can be done manually, I do it all the time
as ZSS

etecoon

Smash Hero
Retreating wavebounced nikita for who know what, retreating wavebounced C4 for those pesky plankers, retreating wavebounced Cyphers for that pesky SL'ing MK... I can't think of anything else. Don't know how dependent on smash-stickign most Snake mainers are (apart from DACUSing), but I can't think of a single good reason why anyone would want to B-stick... Even reversed wavebounces can be done manually, I do it all the time
as ZSS
really? I can't get the same momentum boost from C4 reversals at all manually...

and aside from dacus and momentum canceling I don't think smash stick is that important as snake, if it weren't for the fact that sometimes I get random nairs instead of bairs when DIing I'd use tilt stick instead

edit: I think some characters probably have frame advantage if they get hit by jab1 and roll behind you and you try to fsmash, just like how you can't really hit anyone out of dthrow with it lmao. it's amazing if someone misses a tech and they like to roll at you though

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
really? I can't get the same momentum boost from C4 reversals at all manually...
Hmm... What I do is downB in the direction I'm looking at, then quickly do a quarter-circle in the direction I want to be facing when I wavebounce.

I hate it when I kill myself accidentally because of this. I think it's got to do with how I hold the controller or something... How in the world can I change this habit. UpB to my doom, or upB and now depend on C4s to recover because I did an accidental wavebounce? :mad:
as ZSS the price is a stock, not %... Lucky Snakes

napZzz

Smash Hero
Do one better.

Pick GaW use Judgment. Get a 9. Taunt with like, no lag. ggs
lol I think some MN folk are going to jokers monthly now yink.

BE THERE OR ELSE! I expect our diddy vs. ness mm to happen!

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
He shall lead us!

and kind of, im waiting for class to start *night class. I might skip it, i feel like goin home and playing some Aion

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
@Mizu: oh wow your young haha yeah im in college, and yeah i was on there

@radiX: I know right. Everyone! To the Pika boards! Attack! lol

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
Lol, if we do that we'll all get infractions!
I'm up for it! (no seriously, I'll come and troll/attck Pika boards w/ you).
oh well, I guess Infern went to class. (Yes, he's at school)

infern is awfully silly.

i love trolling i wanna troll too =[
MK boards is an amazing target for that
So where should we troll? Because I'm up for it....I really am.
Also, I need troll experience.

napZzz

Smash Hero
you can either troll or you cant D: <

it just comes naturally to people who are *** holes

etecoon

Smash Hero
seriously, MK boards will take any bait you throw out no matter how lazy and poorly thought out it is, and its moderator is like never there. it's AMAZING

etecoon

Smash Hero
yeah, pika boards is where I've gotten probably my most frivolous "wtf how did I get infracted for THAT" infraction ever, whoever mods it is stupid

edit: I've already made serious posts in that topic that go too contrary to how I'd probably go about trolling it <_<

etecoon

Smash Hero
if I felt like getting infracted/banned repeatedly I'd probably troll pika boards because its mods clearly have several cognitive disorders

That means this is for the Pikachu community. I know who the Pikachu community is; so I don't want to see people coming here from other boards just to chat. If you haven't contributed to any other thread on this board, then you shouldn't feel the need to post in this one.

However, this does not mean you aren't free to stop by and say hi, provided it is relevant to discussion and you are not causing conflict with other users. However if you aren't part of the 'community', this shouldn't be a daily stop for you, but more of a place to visit every so often. Please do not overuse this thread if you aren't going to be part of the 'community', and please do not use this thread if you are going to create problems with those in the 'community'.
l m f a o

Top Bottom