• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B. Match-Up Discussion Week #4: Mario

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Maybe the hands are, but there's definitely a hurtbox that stretches out to some point. If you need real disjointedness you gotta go with fsmash instead.

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
speaking about disjointed hands, my friend stole my gyro, ad threw it back at me, i just did the standard jab, and presto the gyro disapeared.

i thought it was worth mentioning when you guys were discussing robs weird disjointedness

Ishoku

Smash Apprentice
Ill have to agree, you can get hit still even with ROB's arms.

I've ftilted a gaw's Fsmash before and sometimes it would clank, and sometimes i would eat fire T-T

but im not too sure up to what point makes his arm disjointed

*shrug*

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
I dont know. You just might not have been properly spaced... I think ftilt is ROB's only sure-fire move against GaW.

TEECO

Smash Ace
When i fight Marios, I tend to not use my projectiles as much. I play agressive with FAirs and Ftilts and ledgehog the **** out of him. Learn their timing on the cape so you can wait then punish them. Watch for Ftilts at low percentage, it traps and possibly gets some combos in. FAir overpowers fireballs, so it will stop the fireball, and still hit Mario if your in range. Don't get grabbed, especially at low percentages, it can lead to some easy damage on his part. Fludd fails. Also, watch on recovering from under the stage, or horizontal to it, its pretty embarrasing being spiked by that plumber.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
That's what I figured, but I was wondering if anyone else knew any other good ones. The Mario in particular that I'm worried about knows to counter Japes, so I'm trying to make a list of counters that I might use, depending on how he's playing.
Ugh... huge tourney tomorrow, biggest one I've ever entered (50+ people confirmed) I'm so nervous cause I made a fool of myself last time. I just want to show the Mario that I don't suck lol. **** nerves.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Rainbow Cruise maybe, Halberd, Delfino, anywhere you can take advantage of his garbage recovery. You don't have to worry about low ceilings because he doesn't kill particularly well vertically.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
My friend who plays Mario says he gets ***** on Japes, RC, and Frigate due to his horrid recovery. halberd makes sense too...so all ROB's best CP's **** mario :D

Top Bottom