• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B. = worst character in smash history

shyguyty

Smash Rookie
Hell, I WOULD OF WELCOMED BACK PICHU WITH OPEN ARMS!
Whoa man, let's not get too crazy. Pichu was occasionally fun to play, but overall a lame character choice because we already had Pikachu. That logic always confused me; why would consumers want to play as the weaker version of a veteran character? At least ROB is his own character, and frankly, he looks pretty f***ing sweet.

S

sn1per13

Why Megaman?

How come everyone keeps saying Megaman should be in Brawl? He would be a Samus clone and Sakurai said it's extremely difficult to incorporate characters from different universes into Brawl (he had a hard enough time with Snake and Sonic). And as for Ridley he's already a boss in the game. Plus R.O.B. looks like he has an incredibly unique and interesting playstyles around. 'Nuff said.

Darkurai

Smash Master
How come everyone keeps saying Megaman should be in Brawl? He would be a Samus clone and Sakurai said it's extremely difficult to incorporate characters from different universes into Brawl (he had a hard enough time with Snake and Sonic). And as for Ridley he's already a boss in the game. Plus R.O.B. looks like he has an incredibly unique and interesting playstyles around. 'Nuff said.
They both have arm cannons, so they're clones?
Marth is a Link clone. You can't deny it! They both have swords!

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Finally, january 31, the game was released in japan, and within a few days tons of information and videos leaked out on the internet. With a grin, i soon discovered that some of the best characters returned, like marth, captain falcon, Luigi, and ness (well, ness kinda blows). I was really excited when i found out that wolf was joining the fight. Don't get me wrong, toon link licks balls too, but i expected something stupid like that, replacing one clone with an almost exact clone. But then i look at the final rouster, and there at the bottom i see R.O.B. At that moment, i died a little inside. I couldn't believe they wasted their time on a character that no one gives a s*** about. There was so many other characters they could of designed, like ridley or, idk, MEGAMAN. Hell, I WOULD OF WELCOMED BACK PICHU WITH OPEN ARMS! I guess what im trying to say is that R.O.B.'s a horrible idea, and he'll probably be the last character to get, just like mr. Game and Watch. Besides that, the game looks awesome, and i look forward to kicking all my friends a$$e$ at brawl.
You fail at life.

zelink551

Smash Rookie
everyone goes on about ridley, does anyone know how large ridley is, a good 10x larger than samus. He works far better as a boss than as a character. Frankly i think ROB is pretty cool. This game is gonna be cool, clam your jets a little dudes

redshift71388

Smash Apprentice
everyone goes on about ridley, does anyone know how large ridley is, a good 10x larger than samus. He works far better as a boss than as a character. Frankly i think ROB is pretty cool. This game is gonna be cool, clam your jets a little dudes
Don't bring up size... It's been argued to death against Ridley since Brawl was even known about, and it's a pretty lame argument considering Bowser and Olimar are in the game. He is famous for being a boss, and is well suited for the role he was given in Brawl, but don't think that him being playable could never be possible.

And topic creator, you are an ignorant idiot. R.O.B. has every right to be in Brawl, as much as anyone else. And how could you say he was a worse choice than random Melee clones like Pichu and Young Link? Even Dr. Mario.

zelink551

Smash Rookie
I was simply saying that bringing ridley DOWN in size would make it less cool, thats it. He could very possibly eventually be played i just always prefered him being massive in metroid.

metahunter

Smash Apprentice
if it wasnt for him you wouldent be able to play brawl if it wasent for him there would be no nintendo

Darkurai

Smash Master
Watch the Melee opening. Now. Seriously. Watch it right now.
Ridley's size is the worst argument I've ever heard.

Edit: Gah! It didn't quote! I hate the Wii Browser!

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
And this my friend is why size is not an argument. (I understand you explained yourself but I needed to post this for one reason or another:

redshift71388

Smash Apprentice
I wanted Ridley until PKMN Trainer. Then I thought he'd be a Charizard clone.
Well Ridley doesn't really take rocks and bash them with his head, or change into a blue turtle, so I don't think you would have had that problem. I mean, nobody said Ike would be a Mario clone because he had a human shape.

IceEmblem

Smash Journeyman
Constantly inside a R.O.B Halloween Costume
Your exactly what your title says a Smash Noob, Not only is R.O.B a gaming legend for ending the Video
Game Depression. But he is a great character and certainly not the worst, and with 100's of hours of training he could easily beat any character. R.O.B has the exact potential as all the other characters, your just annoyed cuase you might actually need to learn something to be able to even play this great character properly.

Unsu

Smash Rookie
im ok with the roster. At first when i saw R.O.B i was dissapointed but after watching his gameplay i realized hes not bad.
Also Sakurai said that no other third party character owners approached him after sonic, so megaman could have never been in.
And Ridley would have been a good character, i dont care about his size because it seems to change all the time.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Finally, january 31, the game was released in japan, and within a few days tons of information and videos leaked out on the internet. With a grin, i soon discovered that some of the best characters returned, like marth, captain falcon, Luigi, and ness (well, ness kinda blows). I was really excited when i found out that wolf was joining the fight. Don't get me wrong, toon link licks balls too, but i expected something stupid like that, replacing one clone with an almost exact clone. But then i look at the final rouster, and there at the bottom i see R.O.B. At that moment, i died a little inside. I couldn't believe they wasted their time on a character that no one gives a s*** about. There was so many other characters they could of designed, like ridley or, idk, MEGAMAN. Hell, I WOULD OF WELCOMED BACK PICHU WITH OPEN ARMS! I guess what im trying to say is that R.O.B.'s a horrible idea, and he'll probably be the last character to get, just like mr. Game and Watch. Besides that, the game looks awesome, and i look forward to kicking all my friends a$$e$ at brawl.
....yeah, you failed....WOLF is the last, Megaman fails as much as you do so he wouldn't get in this game before Dr. Mario Pichu and Roy, and...it's not WASTING a character ANYTHING...I remember someone on my street said Game & Watch sucked when melee came out. Now he goes to tourneys and wins with-- who? GAME and WATCH. Just....go in your corner...for all of us. -_-

PipePlaza

Smash Cadet
God, people! Ridley is easily my favorite Fictional character, but resizing him would reduce his epicness!
"FACEPALM"

Ridley's a boss, live with it. Not everyone knows what they want...

Crescendolls

Smash Cadet
as far as ROB goes, I'm not upset or livid over his inclusion. He doesn't appeal to me as much, since I prefer the lighter and faster characters. However, I can understand the nostalgia.

Let's face it, there are hundreds of characters that could (or "should") be in the game, but there is no way that can be done without compromising something else. This roster is pretty good. Everything isn't super new, but there is enough variety to enjoy the game.

Cisne

Smash Apprentice
I have to agree with the thread´s tittle.

Please go to training and spawn some ATs.

Isaac , Shadow , Lyn , Lil Mac , Ray Mk 3 .... Its really sad that R.O.B. made 1 of those chars to stay unplayable.

PipePlaza

Smash Cadet
I have to agree with the thread´s tittle.

Please go to training and spawn some ATs.

Isaac , Shadow , Lyn , Lil Mac , Ray Mk 3 .... Its really sad that R.O.B. made 1 of those chars to stay unplayable.
I understand Ray, Lyn and Isaac, but Shadow and Little Mac?

kellerdood32

Smash Cadet
nobody even knows who ridley is, and megaman is just a gayer version of astro boy, i mean hes like 4 foot tall and hes called a MEGAMAN hed be lucky if i called him an average boy

elastickub

Smash Cadet
Rob is a good character. i also seen how u said ness kinda blows ness got super buffed in brawl so dude just play the game then post threads

Frames

DI
ROB is an amazing character, and definitely deserves to be in brawl. He has the historical impact on the industry, but the fact that he's made all these cameos throughout the years shows that nintendo is thankful for what he did. Sure people may not understand him or his moves, but that doesn't mean he deserves to be in any less then other characters. Personally, I think Wario is the stupidest character in Brawl. But does that mean he shouldn't be in it? Of course not! Wario has been around for years, and his development as Mario's other rival (besides Bowser of course) adds humor and backstory to the Mario universe. All i'm saying is, people who hate R.O.B., please give him a chance and try and understand how the developers felt about him, especially considering his history.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
I, for one, really really like R.O.B. being in the game.

I feel like a lot of the hate for R.O.B. and a lot of the desire for other characters is just bandwagoning.

Seabass

Smash Rookie
R.O.B owns

PaThKu

Smash Rookie
Your name is f*cking c4pt41n 0l1m4r. Who makes that their name? A 12 year old thats who. Also it's apparent that you're just a little Wii fanboy with not knowledge of Nintendo AT ALL. Why the HELL would megaman, who isn't even a ****ed Nintendo character get priority over R.O.B? Also R.O.B isn't weak like you think he is. When I learned that dumb a*ses like you could post online a part of me died. Go back to your XBox fanboy and stop trolling.

Sharky

Smash Master
What I don't get is why people are complaining about (the completely original character) R.O.B. stealing a spot when there's still clones like toon link in the game >.>

bored

Smash Ace
Worst character ever? Please, he is awesome. I use him more than any character

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
1. Dont speak for everyone by saying no one cares about ROB, when clearly there is a large fan base for him. ROB is an amazing character that has great potential.

2. Toon Link is amazing also, many people were happy about him as well

3. Same with Ness

4. Megaman is not Nintendo, and Nintendo wouldn't want to take the time to ask Capcom for permission to include a character that is not even their own

5. You know you would have been pissed if Pichu made it in so don't lie to yourself. ROB is not the worst character in smash history. He's not even close; Pichu is

6. ROB doesnt have to be the last character you get, because he wasnt for me

7. My lucky number

8. ****, did you fail hard...

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
at this point the game is out, and we have seen just how nasty ROB really is. What this means is that this thread needs to be closed as the topic matter "R.O.B. = worst character in smash history" has already been proven false, thank you.

Top Bottom