• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R U good with Toon Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkrackerr

Smash Ace
I'm not too sure. I can do every technical thing in his arsenal.

My spacing is decent, but my mind-games and ability to think through every situation is a bit lacking. I'd say a 5-6, and getting better everyday.

stylux7

Smash Rookie
Well I have a friend on these forums by the name of Beau but I dont know his user name and I dont know how to get in touch with him. He mained TL and was pretty difficult. He projectile spammed and aerial killed me many times. But I havent played him since Ive been on these forums so who knows

Lobos

Smash Master
11/10

Seriously 8ish/10

I'll try to get some videos up from critical hit 3 tourney since thats a big EC tourney and I'm one of the few TL mains showing up. Don't worry I'll be at my peak performance for that one :p

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
I'd say around an 8 or a 9 because one of my friends is a pro-level R.O.B. and I get to practice with him a lot

AvantGarde

Smash Cadet
4. I can shda and bair till the cows come home, but I have bad habits because I can easily beat all the people I know except for one. If my wifi ever improves, I'll get better. For now though, I'm content with 4.

Antichrist

Smash Cadet
On second though, my TLs over 9000.

To be honest, I never really see any good TLs.

I have played QUIVO and he is on my level, and I am going to play antichrist soon so i will see how that pans out.

IF there are other good TLs, they either don't have videos, don't speak up on the forums, or I haven't heard of them.

The TL forums are really lacking videos.
watch my vids, and play play play! Quivo is good but our matches got interrupted by lag, pepito pwns 2

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I would have to say my toon link it around a 7-8 out of 10. But meh i would always say that about any of my characters.

But so far i havent lost to any toon links as of yet. Atleast not once i started using him as a secondary. Which would be maybe a lil less then a month after it came out. While im not the best with him since he is a secondary. It does pretty well. Mostly a high combo oriented toon link with projectile trap/mindgames.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Even if it were friendlies and online, I 2-0'ed Coselm.. and I felt like I had control the whole match. Not to sound like an arrogant jerk, but I don't exactly think you're on my level since I didn't feel like I had any trouble. Soup could be on my level maybe a little worse, and Santi is probably better than me. Pepito is slightly better than me. I'm sure Lobos is good too, but his style from what I can remember isn't for me. It'd be a toss up.

l SOUP l

Smash Apprentice
Even if it were friendlies and online, I 2-0'ed Coselm.. and I felt like I had control the whole match. Not to sound like an arrogant jerk, but I don't exactly think you're on my level since I didn't feel like I had any trouble. Soup could be on my level maybe a little worse, and Santi is probably better than me. Pepito is slightly better than me. I'm sure Lobos is good too, but his style from what I can remember isn't for me. It'd be a toss up.
Woah! My friend you've seemed to develop a cockyness =], ah dissapointing. Anyways, as I recall out of the games we had I won most of them, you might get a 1 out of every 4 games we play? If you would like to have rematches you know where to find me, but you sound really arrogant when labeling players levels. Please don't become another smashboards *******.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Sòrry i might remember wrong cause i thought i won most of them but most were pretty Close. My memory could be wrong. Im not labeling either im just stating Players that i think are or could be better than me.im not trying to be cocky caúse i know im not hot **** òtherwise i would win tournaments.i know there are many players better than me. i also didnt mean to base everythung Off of Online battles. Again im sòrry i didnt mean to sound cocky or arrogant.

Bros229

Smash Cadet
9 easily. but thats if im using a GC controller, i suck at brawl without it.

kkkoala

Smash Cadet
7 since I was used to Young Link from melee Toon Link was a pretty easy character to get used to.
holy hell are they different, tl shouldnt even be the cross-game equivilant

i want yl's fricken downtilt spike gd

5 or 6 just cuz i dont use bombs cept for gimps

SUB_ZERO

Smash Apprentice
Just started him earlier after playing some wind waker for hours. I got the basics but i don't know how to drop a bomb without making it explode lol. Prolly a 4

Conker315

Smash Lord
Just started him earlier after playing some wind waker for hours. I got the basics but i don't know how to drop a bomb without making it explode lol. Prolly a 4
to make a bomb drop just press z without moving the joystick
for example jump then press z
that makes it drop
i always like putting them on the platforms so my oponents can grab or get hurt by them =]

skylark

Smash Rookie
I would say about 6-7. I'm still practicing combos and ATs for an upcoming tournament.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
notice how people base their greatness off resident competition (i.e. noob friends, random wifi battles, etc.) I remember when i played GH, i would go to all these tournaments and people would act so cocky to me because they were the greatest player their friends had ever seen and they could beat Jordan or TTFAF or whatever ego stroking statements they would make, and i would **** them every time.

I consider myself a 7 at GH. (Iamchris4life is the only 10)

In my opinion if you arent out there winning decent tournaments, then you cant be more than a 5, especially since TL isnt nearly as advanced as the other chars are so far.
So while we try to make ourselves feel better by comparing to each other, the other characters are getting tournament wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom