• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R3: Connor vs SFAT $20 - Shroomed vs Scar $30 - Replicate vs MacD $30 - S2J vs L $20

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
i feel so dirty]

in other news

*****s start betting

i want >100 on each match

not counting the original bet

IF NORCAL HATES SHROOMED THAN BET ON SCAR
who i dont really h8

MacD

Banned via Administration
connor needs a teammate if he hasn't found one, talk to him

EDIT: brenden, you have you for 10 on joe and jason for 15 on me not matched up just fyi

Kira-

Smash Champion
Hey take my bet on Johnny off, cause I don't know how I'll be able to pay Bets (or vice versa) when the result comes in.

Dunskies and Brendan on the other hand.. gunna make me some cash

PHIL07

Smash Journeyman
Wow your trippin all your picks are way off step your game up tgl

We all know since Hugo’s come back he’s not half the player he was. Used to be top 8 in the country. Now cant place top 8 at a west coast regional. Used to go head to head with players like ken isai chudat. Now he’s lucky to sneak by kira fly and P? Beat pc’s peach cant beat macd’s? Scars only gotten better since pound. And Hugo’s only got worse. I saw him getting tapped by s2j. How he supposed to compete against a better falcon with more pressure and money on the line. Lets face it if your watching a Hugo video and it wasn’t released in 06 its not worth watching.

SHROOMED REALLY!!? You think scars gong to lose to shroomed? We hear in norcal don’t even respect shroomed. Yea I’m glad he does well against Jeff. But when it comes to playing oos opponents shroom’s done nothing but be average. Couldn’t beat at rusty Taj scsa and what place did he get a genesis? 65th? I don’t even consider shroomed top doc in norcal. Id take foxroar (who you probably haven’t heard of) bobby moneys doc from 05 or Brandon playing with the flu over shrooms doc any day. Easy money scar

This is the one time you actually should stick up for socal. I Mean your going take a fox player known for chocking add that with money and tons of people watching and what do you have? A super gay macd after getting his norcal check. He probably will do 5 smashes in a row and with joe’s shaky hands and unclear head he’ll run into everyone of them DI badly and end up off the stage C’mon dog stick up for the one chance you have of Socal collecting money.

Yea connor did get 7th at pats good job. After he got out, played a money match and lost to darrell…? Real impressive. Isn’t peach vs. samus a pretty even matchup. Now didn’t Zach beat darrell that day.? Doesn’t he play a counter character to the one your boy plays? My bad connors fox is good. O wait no its not. Sorry dog get the bucket ready. Your boys tears are going to put his last performance to shame.

**** sj2 beat hugs. Right who hasn’t these days (<3 hugo) Anyway socal been jockin are falcons for years. We create, you imitate From clod zero to isai. Sj2 just other carbon copy we’ve had for years now.
Norcal competition is steeper and we actually know how to play against falcon. Sorry dog if its not your top 5. Not worth talking about

GET HYPED!!!!

<3 everyone
didnt mean any of that
To clarify that was just a counter argument to the great leon. Not necessarily my true opinions
Just in case any feelings were hurt
<3 everyone
=)

bbb

Smash Champion
don't apologize phil

if someone got their feelings hurt they're a ***** anyways

HugS™

Smash Lord
We should really introduce some odds into this thing.

I think shroomed is a 1-2 underdog. So I'll bet 5 on Shroomed to anyone's 10 on Scar.

pewpewyou

Smash Journeyman
Yo Scar, I'll match your $5 on your MM with Shroomed. I've got faith in Dawayne! If you needa find me I'll be a short Asian 15 year old kid lols. Just ask someone before you start going over to all of the other short Asian kids.

Connor, you better beat me in our MM lols. I'm not ranked, so bring it.

Shroomed

Smash Master
if you bet against me

prepare to lose money *******!!!!!

lol, this is kinda cool

@BRIAN: why am i not a 1:2 underdog?

i suck =D

and wow plairnkk why are you in here AND betting on me? haha <3

Shroomed

Smash Master
what would you guys say if i win this tourney?

i'd be all like

=DDDDDD

and the haters would be like

=((((((((

VANS

Smash Ace
1 to 2 means u have a 33% chance of winning dajuan
2 to 3 means u have a 40% chance of winning
i think dajuans got this

Shroomed

Smash Master
neither have i
i actually have no idea where vanessa got those numbers
how is 1:2 == 33%
wtf is that
im taking linear algebra, discrete math, n more physics+computer science next semester

my physics final ***** me hella bad so im kinda depressed about school, i mite not even hold my B, and my comp sci final is tomoro

SFAT

Smash Ace
You're a 1 to 2 underdog. So you are a 1 out of a total of 3. Thus 33%.

2 to 3 underdog. 2 out of a possible of 5. 40%

And I'm in ALGEBRA.

I think you're a 1:60 underdog Dajuan. You're gonna get *****.

Kheffin

Smash Rookie
Wikipedia on Odds said:
In gambling, the odds on display do not represent the true chances that the event will occur, but are the amounts that the bookmaker will pay out on winning bets
So Hugs doesn't mean you've got a 33% chance of winning, necessarily. If he believes those are the true odds of winning, then Scar will beat you approximately twice as much as you beat him, and he'll come out even money in the long run (assuming he finds someone to continuously match his bet)

On the other hand, if Hugs thinks you're better than a 33% chance of winning, then he wins a lot of money (Again, assuming he finds someone to continuously match his bet.) You could have a true win rate of as little as 34% of the time, and it'd still be better to bet on you using Hug's odds in the long run.

Obviously this is only one money match so long run stuff won't apply, but if you believe in math this is how you'd bet.

PHIL07

Smash Journeyman
So Hugs doesn't mean you've got a 33% chance of winning, necessarily. If he believes those are the true odds of winning, then Scar will beat you approximately twice as much as you beat him, and he'll come out even money in the long run (assuming he finds someone to continuously match his bet)

On the other hand, if Hugs thinks you're better than a 33% chance of winning, then he wins a lot of money (Again, assuming he finds someone to continuously match his bet.) You could have a true win rate of as little as 34% of the time, and it'd still be better to bet on you using Hug's odds in the long run.

Obviously this is only one money match so long run stuff won't apply, but if you believe in math this is how you'd bet.
sup kheffin! your mad good! at melee and math

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
1 to 2 means u have a 33% chance of winning dajuan
2 to 3 means u have a 40% chance of winning
i think dajuans got this
lol im in calc 2, and i had to read this like twice before i understood what you were saying -__- ... and i like math too. fml

HugS™

Smash Lord
Yeah but most of the time they keep it relative to 1.

At least in my experience.

Top Bottom