• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rage Quitting Against JIggs?

SonicTheHedgehog02

Smash Journeyman
So, lately, on For Glory 1v1, people will quit after i beat them with my jiggly. We would go like, 10 rounds or so, them winning against my bowser or doc or dark pit, me beating them. then as soon as i win a round with jiggs, they quit. now, it could be that they have to go or something, but it has been happening a lot. is it because they are mad that they lost to a balloon that should be easy to kill?

KlefkiHolder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Companion_Cube17
3DS FC
3024-5019-8681
Maybe you could say they decided to...

give it a Rest!

:4jigglypuff::4jigglypuff::4jigglypuff::4jigglypuff::4jigglypuff::4jigglypuff:

but seriously, getting rested is so defeating :/

Last edited:

Coonce

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I've run into many people that will rage quit if you utterly destroy them on the first stock. But I've also run into weird forfeits like this: I fought this one Mario who was rolling around like mad at the start of the game. So I ran up to him, full hopped over him knowing he was going to roll backwards, and rested him. He was at 0%, so he clearly wasn't going to die. Then he proceeds to SD twice. So that one seems more like an "okay, you win" rather than a rage quit.

On a side note, I try to punish rolls with rest as often as possible to maybe teach people to stop rolling. Or at least to never roll or tech roll toward a Jigglypuff. But in the end, I feel they never learn. :glare:

Heavenly Spoon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeavenlySpoon
One thing I've noticed is that after I beat whatever character a low-level player started with, they almost always counterpick Robin or less frequently Shulk or Zamus, only to then ragequit after the inevitable 2-stock. It's like half of For Glory thinks these characters are viable counterpicks and that they only lost because Jiggly counters their character specifically, it's weird. I've actually had 1 player cycle through all 3 (after beating their Little Mac, of course), only to ragequit after. And I'm not even Rest-heavy at all.

Zigoon95

Smash Rookie
How could I hate those who ragequit? ç_ç
My average of victories is 70% (I did almost 1200 battles), but some of these were because people ragequitted during the match.

sweetiepuff

Smash Rookie
I've noticed people leave when I play as Jigglypuff as well hehe ^,^

Last edited:

PND

Smash Champion
Yep, I see lots of Ragequits on my end, too. Probably doesn't help that I main Jiggs, and secondary Little Mac and DHD. People get super salty over those 3 characters.

tuterking

Smash Rookie
NNID
TuterKing
3DS FC
1435-4089-0435
It's like every time I beat someone with Jiggs they quit. I think they just don't know that Jiggs can be a beast and are mad to see something so pink and cute kill them.

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
all of you just think it's ragequitting, most of those you deafeted just said "oh well okay, ill try another player"

you just like to pretend they are mad and rage quited because it makes you feel better

so in the end, the thought of hurting another human being in the world brings you joy, which makes you a person who's worse than hitler.

:4jigglypuff:is a pretty cool guy tho

Dr. Snakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueDaBeast
3DS FC
4511-1428-9509
all of you just think it's ragequitting, most of those you deafeted just said "oh well okay, ill try another player"

you just like to pretend they are mad and rage quited because it makes you feel better

so in the end, the thought of hurting another human being in the world brings you joy, which makes you a person who's worse than hitler.

:4jigglypuff:is a pretty cool guy tho
Well, that escalated quickly.

I'm just getting into using Jiggs, but I tend to get people quitting often too. But it could just be my connection; I feel like it's gotten worse in the past week for some odd reason.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
The ego is strong in this one. But seriously though, Jigglypuff is, in my opinion, near high tier or high tier. Those rest combos are amazing, are dash attack is the best it's ever been, and those aerials are even sexier.

SonicTheHedgehog02

Smash Journeyman
well after doing 5 rounds of going againsst someone, they leave after being beaten by purin

after doing 1 round and winning, they quit.

they mostly always leave after. if not, then we do a few more rounds.

Imposer

Smash Rookie
I'm really liking Jigglypuff in this smash, I guess it's because I didn't take the time to play as him very much before. I did leave a match after losing to a Jigglypuff twice but that was mostly because it was lagging. I can see how people would rage quit after losing to a little puff ball.

Chief Chili

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChiefChili
3DS FC
4399-0356-3573
Assume much? There's no way you could know whether or not your opponent rage quits.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Assume much? There's no way you could know whether or not your opponent rage quits.
Two ways:
1. The game lags (freezes) for about three seconds, after which your opponent is
replaced by a level 3 CPU (you'll notice, believe me).
2. Self-destructing on purpose (to avoid bans).

Chief Chili

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChiefChili
3DS FC
4399-0356-3573
Two ways:
1. The game lags (freezes) for about three seconds, after which your opponent is
replaced by a level 3 CPU (you'll notice, believe me).
2. Self-destructing on purpose (to avoid bans).
1. I am aware of this. This doesn't necessarily mean they rage quitted. They could have disconnected or needed to quit.
2. Again, they could have needed to quit. I for one SD when I find the match is laggy.

The point is you cannot see what your opponent is doing like you would be able to if you were playing next to them. Therefore you are just assuming your opponent is rage quitting. Now it is entirely possible that they are rage quitting but I'm willing to bet most people don't.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
1. I am aware of this. This doesn't necessarily mean they rage quitted. They could have disconnected or needed to quit.
2. Again, they could have needed to quit. I for one SD when I find the match is laggy.

The point is you cannot see what your opponent is doing like you would be able to if you were playing next to them. Therefore you are just assuming your opponent is rage quitting. Now it is entirely possible that they are rage quitting but I'm willing to bet most people don't.

Theres no lag. Also, it is too much of a coincidence that they need to leave suddenly after you dominate a match.

Its an assumption based on evidence. It isnt a wild guess. Maybe a small portion of these people do have to leave but most of the time it is frustration.

Top Bottom