• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rainbow Cruise is an AMAZING stage for diddy.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Seriously, I don't know why you guys think RC is bad...

EASILY diddy's best stage.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, shhh, shhh, shhhhhhh. *Covers your mouth*

Don't TELL everybody!

They'll know!

Now repeat after me:

*The Diddy Secrecy Oath*

I hereby pledge an oath that I will not speak of the awesomeness of Diddy Kong henceforth.
I will maintain on all accounts that despite any and all accounts of utter pwnage are merely the results of luck, randomness that cannot be easily reproduced, or any combination of circumstances that would imply any amount of player skill or character ability could engineer a level of great Diddy Kong play ability.

I will uphold that Diddy Kong's naners are so much of a double edged sword that any smart player would never use them, and a player that uses them (Like myself) is a n00b. I will preach that it is merely an unexplainable consequence that Diddy's aerials are of any use when spaced correctly and used conjunction with banana peels and I shall make all others believe that Diddy's glide toss is amongst the worst in the game when compared (In length) to other characters.

However, I will always remember that Diddy Kong is the best character in Brawl.
No exceptions. Not even for Metaknight.

:laugh:
But seriously. Watch some of the vids in my sticky. NAN3RZ and NinjaLink have a few good videos.

Basically, get good at glide tossing. It's his greatest strength.

Count

Smash Champion
Basically, get good at glide tossing. It's his greatest strength.
I can make myself a good example of how important glide tossing is. While playing onilne, my win percentage after I learned to glide toss is about .200 better than before i learned to glide toss. Of course, I improved in other ways as well but the main reason is glide tossing.

ADHD

Smash Hero
NO GO AWAY

Hylian we can't have diddy top tier!! :embarrass

Yeah he is pretty amazing, sign the petition to keep him a secret, or else we have to fight dumb diddy dittos all the time.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
I just started playing him. HOLY ****!!! Why didn't I find this character earlier?!?!?!

I can't wait to tell EVERYONE how amazing diddy is!!!!!

*goes off to tell everyone*

:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Seriously though...any subtle tips? :)
Ya don't tell anyone else -.- and uhh learn how to glide toss :]

SonicFire

Smash Apprentice
I never knew Diddy was good, to be honest. Seeing as I myself am a Diddy mainer and all.

Jk.

And Diddy's supposed to be good, isn't he?

ADHD

Smash Hero
I haven't learned any dribbles yet. I'll learn it sometime this week. I been playing starcraft lately
starcraft lol, I guess its true everyone on these boards are nerds.

Dribbling is a cheap substitute for wavedashing, and dashdancing and blabla w/e its fun to do anyway.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
starcraft lol, I guess its true everyone on these boards are nerds.

Dribbling is a cheap substitute for wavedashing, and dashdancing and blabla w/e its fun to do anyway.
I'm not really a nerd. I play sports too? I'm just competitive and starcraft/counterstrike are probably the most competitive games you can play period.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I just started playing him. HOLY ****!!! Why didn't I find this character earlier?!?!?!

I can't wait to tell EVERYONE how amazing diddy is!!!!!

*goes off to tell everyone*

:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Seriously though...any subtle tips? :)
...lol

i guess me playing Hylian at FAST left an impression on him, to say the least :laugh:

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You 2-0'ed me in pools GDX and I got soooooo upset XD. Then I realized that I had no idea what to do against diddy considering I have never played one. Luckily, I thought of a pretty good strategy before I played you in brackets and managed to knock you into losers XD.

Really I just made this topic because I saw everyone keeping diddy quiet so I thought it would be funny.

I started playing diddy last night :). Practiced double and single dribbling, but I got that down in a few minutes... I will try to get a match up soon to see how I am coming along.

I hope I can progress as fast as I did with Falco :).

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
You 2-0'ed me in pools GDX and I got soooooo upset XD. Then I realized that I had no idea what to do against diddy considering I have never played one. Luckily, I thought of a pretty good strategy before I played you in brackets and managed to knock you into losers XD.

Really I just made this topic because I saw everyone keeping diddy quiet so I thought it would be funny.

I started playing diddy last night :). Practiced double and single dribbling, but I got that down in a few minutes... I will try to get a match up soon to see how I am coming along.

I hope I can progress as fast as I did with Falco :).
diddys alot of fun. im sure you'll enjoy him

he might work out for your gay game and watch matchups too. like snakes

ADHD

Smash Hero
Diddy is like the ultamite main or secondary, your ownly bad matchups are the ones that can be beaten with experience. Unlike ganon vs falco, diddy can give falco a hard time (which is probably his worst matchup)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Subtle Tip:
Stage Strike Rainbow Cruise :laugh:
No one in thier right mind would counterpick me to Rainbow Cruise LOL.

That's my favorite stage :). In Florida at FAST1 they renamed it to "Hylian Cruise" lol.

SonicFire

Smash Apprentice
Hylian Cruise?:laugh:

Isn't Diddy screwed on thar, seeing as he struggles on a stage like that.=/

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hylian Cruise?:laugh:

Isn't Diddy screwed on thar, seeing as he struggles on a stage like that.=/
Are you aware my main is G&W? XD. And that's GW's second best stage.

Also, I play like....20 characters lol.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
No one in thier right mind would counterpick me to Rainbow Cruise LOL.

That's my favorite stage :). In Florida at FAST1 they renamed it to "Hylian Cruise" lol.
As soon as somebody says the words 'Rainbow Cruise', the match would become a Metaknight Ditto lol.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
As soon as somebody says the words 'Rainbow Cruise', the match would become a Metaknight Ditto lol.
MK players ban RC vs me >_>.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Lol guys.

Yeah...Diddy is pretty much amazing. Don't worry, I already knew that.

*looks around, checking to make sure he isn't about to get jumped for not being a Diddy main but being in the thread*

Seriously, though, some of the stuff I have seen you Diddy mainers do has blown me away. What with bannanas. And all. Oh, and bananas. And more bananas. Did I mention teh bananas?

The Lucario boards should have done this secrecy thing lol...back when I joined it was usually me and like 5 other guys posting regularly and now its filled with new posters and spam. But with the new posters also came some really smart people too.

SonicFire

Smash Apprentice
Are you aware my main is G&W? XD. And that's GW's second best stage.

Also, I play like....20 characters lol.
-late response-

Not really, don't focus on mains, just focus on beating them...

I play 21 characters.[/yeah right]

ADHD

Smash Hero
I agree, this stage is indefinitely banned from tournies as soon as people realize diddy's potential on it.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Lmao, if you really want to keep Diddy a secret, delete all Diddy youtube videos

All those nanners in anyones face will convert them to teh monkeyy side, you know what I'm talking about.
(Hint: They will want to do Diddy's AAA frequently.)

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hylian: your days of fearing MK are...still here, but Diddy probably has one of the easier times against him than most characters.

HMD

Smash Journeyman
how is it the best stage for diddy and im not a diddy copier i was using diddy from day one i was waiting for the game to come out so i could use diddy and how do u glied toss that confuses me

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
how is it the best stage for diddy and im not a diddy copier i was using diddy from day one i was waiting for the game to come out so i could use diddy and how do u glied toss that confuses me
10/10.

Would read again.

HMD

Smash Journeyman
actully i just might make a group on that. what would it be called

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Yay! I repped Diddy!

First place at tiny Naples tournament with 2 day old infant Diddy!

Oh, and Rainbow Cruise is amazing for Diddy. I can throw banannas in completely desolate areas!

Top Bottom