• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rainbow Cruise should be a neutral

Siglemic

Smash Journeyman
k so like every character who matters isn't bad on it except like ICs or some **** but who cares about them seriously

think about it

it's not random in any way

so yeah

rc neutral

lets do it

tbh

the only people who don't want it as a neutral

are really bad on it and fast fall through the rocking bridge thing and get trapped at the top and firefox under the left edge of the ship

discuss

S l o X

Smash Champion
This thread isn't a troll thread and isn't waiting to be locked.

In fact, the entire first post is asking for a nice, intelligent discussion to start!

I'll contribute by saying: why not!?
I main Fox.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I suggest no one replies to this thread and we just let it die.
It is obviously not worthy of discussion for numerous reasons which I don't need to mention, posting the reasons over and over and arguing with the OP/other supporters will just be a waste of time.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I like Rainbow Cruise and I would strike in such a way that lets me play on it 1st round all the time forever.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Lol I like rainbow cruise but I don't think it should be a neutral. I agree that no one cares about IC's. LEGIT.

Moooose

Smash Champion
iirc it used to be a neutral way back so its not completely out of the question.
the main problem is that slower characters get ***** by camping

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
it chages your the height of your jumps/recovery at random times which messes up your aim for some advanced techs. if i'm sheild pressuring WTF? i's randm at the at part and will F*** you up with perfect up-B and junk.

no other neautral ruin your techs.

Siglemic

Smash Journeyman
lol

that rarely makes a difference at all

i doubt i've ever missed a tech because of that

rc is still fair

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
It's hapened to me more than I like for it to happen. throw this in there massive camping, F***ed advanced techs that randomly don't work, and it auto favrs who ever is faster or more mobile. this work srcew kirby/bowser/ice climbers/gannon and I could see it messing with puff or peach. also shine gimps would definely happen a lot.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
out of everything RC is, I don't really see it as campy. Can somebody link me to the most campiest, gayest RC match on youtube? thx :)

sometimes i counterpick fox to RC with zelda :laugh:

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
lmfaoooo lock this **** pl0x.

but yeah, if rainbow ride is a neutral befor PS... then i will kill myself.

PS isn't much better for fox than RC is.
and peach isnt that good on RC, is she?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I camp harder with less than RC, but I will have to check out RC for gay camping now that I think about it , I may have some fun there as pichu for camping peach/puff/kirby, but yeah I really like to camp as pichu, everyone else is boring to camp as.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
camping as pichu doesn't work
For someone that knows obvious things you should also know that Cruise is totally gayy.

-Lack of edges after the ship
-Constant moving of the stage
-Platforms that you can't drop under
-Moving platforms

and last but not least....KIRBY!

The last one is a joke, since Kirby is terrible....

Isn't the ceiling really low at the top also?

iirc it used to be a neutral way back so its not completely out of the question.
the main problem is that slower characters get ***** by camping
Wasn't MK2, Peaches Castle, and Mute City all CPs at one time....
never again....
We learn from mistakes, we don't repeat them

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Okay.
Simply enough (I can't believe I am actually having to explain this), the idea behind neutral stages is that they are neutral (i.e. not giving too much advantage to any one character/strategy).

Counterpick stages are stages that give advantage to a certain character/strategy, and banned ones either give too much of an advantage or are too luck based.

So, rc is a counterpick because it gives an advantage to a specific playstyle/character (Characters with good jumping ability and projectiles can camp easily just by being ahead of the opponent).

Comprende?

Siglemic

Smash Journeyman
i don't agree that pokefloats should be a neutral

and i definitely think it should be a counterpick if it weren't for the glitchies

it's way easier and more effective to camp on poke floats than rainbow cruise

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
camping as pichu doesn't work
ASK bunbun and the peach player I played against when I ran the timer off like 7 minutes and nearly won against. also pichu dittos once lasted over 6 minutes on PS. your doing it wrong.

but really I was going to in no joke run down the clock vs bunbun if he hadn't quit.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
no other neautral ruin your techs.
Pokemon Stadium (during terrain changes)
Fountain (rising/falling platforms)

Are we playing the same game here?

Anyways, Pokefloats should definitely be neutral before RC. Just saying. I really have nothing to back it up besides the fact that floats is awesome.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Pokemon Stadium (during terrain changes)
Fountain (rising/falling platforms)

Are we playing the same game here?

Anyways, Pokefloats should definitely be neutral before RC. Just saying. I really have nothing to back it up besides the fact that floats is awesome.
Stadium is no longer neutral...
n00b...
<3Floats

Top Bottom