• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Random Discussion for a Veteran Nub

Kirafication

Smash Rookie
Yes, I said a veteran nub. Got a problem? Well I dunno if I can just make a topic here about this or not. Hardly could care, it can be moved. I feel my placing judgement is okay though... So I'll just shoot in the dark here.

For one, I don't have a Gamecube controller as of yet. I don't understand half the abbreviations, and or button combinations people tend to repeat on this forum. I come from Smash64, and it was fun. Obviously I've played all the major brands, SSB64, SSBM, SSBB. I have SSBB now, and using the wiimote, which is kind of complicated.

That's what I've come to ask anyway. I'm going back through the actual story to get all the characters. Perhaps I'm missing out... But that is the easiest way to get Snake/Wolf/Sonic and the others, no?

And as on another note, is playing using the wiimote impossible? I find myself not able to completely grasp the whole game anymore. The controller is kind of just... Bleh, and tap jump doesn't help. Would adding the chuk help? Or just slow me down even more? The analog on the chuk is terribad. It's so stiff. I'm getting a gamecube controller here soon. So is that any better?

-Ran

Smash Master
Yes, I said a veteran nub. Got a problem? Well I dunno if I can just make a topic here about this or not. Hardly could care, it can be moved. I feel my placing judgement is okay though... So I'll just shoot in the dark here.

For one, I don't have a Gamecube controller as of yet. I don't understand half the abbreviations, and or button combinations people tend to repeat on this forum. I come from Smash64, and it was fun. Obviously I've played all the major brands, SSB64, SSBM, SSBB. I have SSBB now, and using the wiimote, which is kind of complicated.
Most players use a gamecube controller, though a select few have found it comfortable to use a Wiimote + Chuck with custom controls, and even fewer have found that they enjoy using the classic controller pro addon.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=302576
That link will provide you with explanations to all of the terminology on this site.

That's what I've come to ask anyway. I'm going back through the actual story to get all the characters. Perhaps I'm missing out... But that is the easiest way to get Snake/Wolf/Sonic and the others, no?
I believe the fastest is special Brawl + Flower [Drains life] + Stamina mode [set to 1]. It's required to do 450 matches, but this will make it take less than an hour to accomplish that. ;d

And as on another note, is playing using the wiimote impossible? I find myself not able to completely grasp the whole game anymore. The controller is kind of just... Bleh, and tap jump doesn't help. Would adding the chuk help? Or just slow me down even more? The analog on the chuk is terribad. It's so stiff. I'm getting a gamecube controller here soon. So is that any better?
Wiimote as a standalone is miserable. Plug in your Chuck and set the Dpad buttons to Smash Attacks, and a few other misc changes which escape me at the moment. That should make life easier until you get a gamecube controller.

Kirafication

Smash Rookie
Most players use a gamecube controller, though a select few have found it comfortable to use a Wiimote + Chuck with custom controls, and even fewer have found that they enjoy using the classic controller pro addon.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=302576
That link will provide you with explanations to all of the terminology on this site.

I believe the fastest is special Brawl + Flower [Drains life] + Stamina mode [set to 1]. It's required to do 450 matches, but this will make it take less than an hour to accomplish that. ;d

Wiimote as a standalone is miserable. Plug in your Chuck and set the Dpad buttons to Smash Attacks, and a few other misc changes which escape me at the moment. That should make life easier until you get a gamecube controller.
I did as you said. Still... Just terribad. I was gonna get a GC Controller today, but my friend who has it dipped on me. So I am pretty steaming. Tho I got my groove back, and am using the stamina special brawl to get the rest of the characters. Too lazy to actually do subspace, even though it's almost done. I'll just play all the battles.

Anyway, thanks for the input. I am starting to get used to the wiimote and chuck, so I am pretty happy so far. Just waiting for the Gamecube controller... Ugh. Falco is hard to use without the controller. Like seriously. Terribly hard.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
You could download a 100% complete save file and put it on an SD card then copy it over to your Wii memory. It's the quickest way to get all of the characters.

I don't think you'll be able to play brawl at a competitive level with only Wiimote. There just isn't enough buttons. And certain character specific AT's will be extra difficult/impossible. If you can't get a GC you should use either Nunchuk or Classic Controller. Also you shouldn't use the GC if it's 3rd party. From my experience all 3rd part controllers have bad control sticks.

Kirafication

Smash Rookie
Actually. The best part of yesterday was I got TWO GC controllers. It was pretty epic, and now my smashes, and grabs are multiplied in skill. I can actually DI now, and as snake his B's are tons easier. Plus tap jump was getting annoying, since the button for jump would of been my left hand on the nunchuck wiimote combination.

Now I just need to get back in my groove completely. I used to be at an okay standard in '09. Wish I had my old account. /sigh

FireFly

Smash Lord
See if you can practice ATs in training mode alone, then move to practicing against players your level when you get the full feel of whichever controller style you like best. I think Sonic is do-able with a Wii mote, there was a Sonic user here that used the Wii-Mote which was about your level that you described.

Kirafication

Smash Rookie
Nah. I'm definitely not using a wiimote anymore. I knew that from when I went back and got the game again. I am using the GC controller for permanent now. Plus I can't find anyone my level at the moment. Even in Wifi there's always that one guy who just totally owns you. No lie.

TMSreptiles

Smash Rookie
Nah. I'm definitely not using a wiimote anymore. I knew that from when I went back and got the game again. I am using the GC controller for permanent now. Plus I can't find anyone my level at the moment. Even in Wifi there's always that one guy who just totally owns you. No lie.
I'd love to play you, if this is how you feel. I hadn't played the game for about 6 months until today, when I just decided to get a new Wii (the other wouldn't read discs for whatever reason). I'm gonna be honest, I SUCK as of now. So yeah, if you're ever on when I am, I'd love to brawl :D

Top Bottom