• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Random Luigi Thread - Zenith, EVO Coming Up!

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Not really. I am going to a tournament in New Jersey on the 26th. It will be streaming but I am probably going to play mostly yoshi.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Doing stuff with Yoshi is much more satisfying. Double Jump canceled up air combos tossing Eggs and smacking people with your head is more enjoyable.

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
I need some peach advice as well, have 3 in my pool.

So many weegees here! :D

:phone:

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
A lot of peaches float low. You can catch them a lot with ftilt tilted upwards.

If you block a dash attack....SHORYUKEN.

Up smash is a good kill move.

Down Throw fair can connect but you have to be fast.

Sweetspot your recovery.

Gah I used to be good at this match up. If I think of more stuff I'll post later.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
I got 2nd seed in pools.

In bracket I beat MattDotZeb in 1st round winners then lost 2-0 to both Hax$ then WestBallz.

Did a lil bit better than last year though. Had to play Mango 1st round then.

MOVIN' ON UP!!!!

The WestBallz match got recorded. I got 9 misfires. . . . . 3 of them hit him.

Seartu

Smash Journeyman
I got 2nd seed in pools.

In bracket I beat MattDotZeb in 1st round winners then lost 2-0 to both Hax$ then WestBallz.

Did a lil bit better than last year though. Had to play Mango 1st round then.

MOVIN' ON UP!!!!

The WestBallz match got recorded. I got 9 misfires. . . . . 3 of them hit him.
Good stuff Vudujin, I believe Abate also got 65th. I wonder if Vist was able to escape pools and win any matches.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
HAHA Yeah, I heard you rooting for me during my match with Hax$. You're the future of smash, kiddo. Keep playing your heart out.

Cinbad

Smash Cadet
I wish i could be there, but unfortunately i came down with the flu on Saturday. It especially sucks cause i live like 30 minutes away from rutgers
I was watching the the stream though, it was hype as ****

Vudujin

Smash Lord
I've got some new defensive strategies I've been working on. I'll post them soon enough. I'm going to order a capture card this week so I can actually show you guys some stuff. Does anyone know which brands work for mac?

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
I've got some new defensive strategies I've been working on. I'll post them soon enough. I'm going to order a capture card this week so I can actually show you guys some stuff. Does anyone know which brands work for mac?
Well, Vudujin, virtually ANY capture card works if you have VideoGlide Capture!

Anyways, how did i do when i faced u? what are some tips u can pass on to a rookie?

P.S. That thing i said about M2K's Level 9 Luigi, he actually did pair with one and WON the Doubles for the United 1 Tourney! Sorry to say his was better than urs!

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Not really. I am going to a tournament in New Jersey on the 26th. It will be streaming but I am probably going to play mostly yoshi.
I think I love you! =D

Doing stuff with Yoshi is much more satisfying. Double Jump canceled up air combos tossing Eggs and smacking people with your head is more enjoyable.
Yep, it's official, I DEFINETELY LOVE you..! <3

:p

woot Yoshi

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Any tips vs peach? Looks like if I win my first round I'll play DoH.
Ooops, wish I'd checked this thread a while ago. After losing to DoH with Fox and Marth last year, I played him again with Marth in pools a couple weeks ago and lost very badly. I played him AGAIN in brackets and by that point I'd switched to all Luigi, and I finally won.

So although Apex is over... I'll say a couple things about Peach since it's midnight and I'm procrastinating on homework.

Firstly: I agree with the stuff Pakman said. If you get Dsmashed by the ledge, make sure you tech it. If you aren't careful about getting the ledge, you risk getting aerial'd by Peach back off the stage, and when Peach is just floatin' around Luigi is not in a good position and you don't want to trade hits.

Mainly what I do in this matchup is make use of Luigi's mobility and his ability to get Peach in the air to rack up damage, and eventually go for an Fair or Usmash for the kill. If Peach is recovering high and floating back down, a fast jump to Fair is a pretty decent option. It comes out real quick and if you go straight up beneath Peach it won't matter if she pulls down her umbrella to a fastfall - if the first one misses, you still have a nother jump and a bunch of useful aerials soooo....

Dthrow is my preferred throw in this matchup. Good setup for turnaround Fairs (like Pakman said - if you're fast). This also gets Peach into the air, and when you're below Peach while she's in the air she has very few options. It's likely she'll be floating if she's above you, and trying not to get directly above you, looking for a Fair or Nair or something of the sort. Just stay mobile, make use of your wavedashing and wavelands on platforms, and make use of your fast aerials. I don't think Luigi should be afraid to challenge a floating Peach from the side with Bair or Fair, or from above with Dair.

Also, it doesn't hurt to know how to Z-catch turnips and throw them back right afterward. I say this because a lot of Peaches like to sit back and throw turnips while Luigi is recovering from the ledge, and it's very easy to ledgehop->catch turnip->throw it back. You'll see that Luigi has a very quick turnip throw. Hopefully this discourages Peach from trying that again. If she does, it does not necessarily mean you should do the same thing - this technique can be punished if she immediately follows the throw with an aerial.

On the note of turnips, there are others ways to get around it in the form of priority moves such as Nair, DownB for approaches, etc.

Procrastination level: high.

Lemme know if any of this seems incorrect, haven't played Melee since that last tourney.

P.S. Pokemongeof: In November 2005, I was the 11-year old playing Luigi with the big kids. Keep at it.

Vudujun: how'd you do against Vist in Luigi dittos?

Vist: ;)

I used to hate Luigi dittos......... mwahaha

Also speaking of M2K I took 2 stocks off his Marth with Luigi at that tourney! Go me!

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
There will always be a place in my heart for Luigi, but Yoshi just invokes a joy that I cannot get with other characters.

Also speaking of M2K I took 2 stocks off his Marth with Luigi at that tourney! Go me!
When Brawl came out and M2K was only playing Brawl and his melee was rusty. We played a match of melee and I DESTROYED his Marth in a match (2 or 3 stock). He was so salty that he didn't give up his controller and proceeded to 3 stock me. It was awesome.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Dat M2K salt. Luigi comin at him from behind.

Blea Gelo <3 probably not :( too far away.

hey pakman you got those double luigi dittos from pound 4 w/ you me blea vist ka-m wazoo and whoever else we had?!?! ;D

I was so little.. why did I have such long hair

HammerTime

Smash Journeyman
I got to play against 3 or 4 of you Luigi mains at Apex (I'm the orange ICs main for anyone who doesn't remember).

That matchup is so much more janky than I thought it'd be, maybe it was just cuz it was my first time playing against Luigi mains, either way it was actually pretty fun. I used to main Luigi back in the day but switched to ICs instead, it's good to see so many people still reppin weegee though.

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
ahhaa those doubles <3. and now ive lost weight and have long hair, boom

lol to what was tagged when i wrote ''lost weight''

Vist

Smash Champion
Good stuff Vudujin, I believe Abate also got 65th. I wonder if Vist was able to escape pools and win any matches.
Yeah, I managed to win a set in brackets but I lost my other two 2-1. I was expecting to get owned since I don't think I'm as good as I used to be, but I put up a decent fight I guess lol

Vudujun: how'd you do against Vist in Luigi dittos?

Vist: ;)

I used to hate Luigi dittos......... mwahaha
duuuude.. so much for me being good at dittos lmaoooo

Aside from friendlies, I'm on a pretty big losing streak now and it started with our set a few weeks back lol

Top Bottom