• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

randomly turning it Off and on with falco?

Mr. Derp

Smash Apprentice
FORMALLY: Ryu777 ...OLD POST COUNT: around 500
the closest I've ever seen anyone get to this style is dope, but I beleive falco , if played properly, is the most pressure based and fastest paced character. I've recneltly started to do this with friends, instead of running, you just walk towards them, instead of going in for an attack, do a short hop in place, and do full jumps instead of short hops. walking forward with f-tilts and u-tilts is pretty amazing as the y have surprising prioity and eat through most shfflers. Randomly going form aggressive to this slow pace seems to throw people off and I think its definitely a different way to play falco. thoughts?

Yoru

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, switching the pace up always confuses people. You have to if you don't want to be read.

I agree to what you said about Dope. He can just walk up and f-smash people sometimes. :p

InfiniteGXT

Smash Journeyman
That pretty much the perfect style of play. The only thing that can stop that is the pros. They know from experience against dope that he tends to do that and can counter it by doing the opposite. When he plays slow they play fast, when he plays aggressive they play slow and defensive.
---------------------
Dope vs Husband: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gneamb0L878

:01 - Dope starts out offensively :06 Husband starts defensively to counter dope and takes a stock

:13 - Dope still goes offensive and Husband still goes defensive and waits for a shield grab which gets another stock off

:35 - Dope switches to defensive while husband goes offensive

:48 Dope goes offensive while husband is offensive and throw husband off for the first time

1:03 - both go defensive but Husband had the better position and switches to attack getting another kill

1:18 - Dope goes defensive and gets the upper hand and switches to offensive while Husband goes defensive. Dope still takes control

The rest of the match Husband virtually mimics Dope until he wins. Sounds like BS I know, but thats just what I can see. Its more of a subconscious strategy than an easy to see one.

conductor

Smash Rookie
Except the difference between getting eaten alive by the pros and actually having this be a useful tactic is that you wouldn't just randomly change tempo and have them match you by playing the opposite. You change your tempo based on your terms. That way you stay in control and win. I'm a big fan of this strategy.

conductor

Smash Rookie
Well I'm not sure about like literally slowing your play down, as in replacing running with walking. What I mean is if you change from over the top aggresive to a more PC style control sort of play (sorry, that's the best I can describe it) it may do wonders for you against your opponent especially if is someone you've never played (and even if it is against someone you've played often, if used tactfully this could be very beneficial for you.) So just slowing down your play isn't very good, I don't think. Rather changing your style and therefore the tempo of your game is more key to this strategy working out than simply how fast you move.

Top Bottom