• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Randomness

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
the western world has just lost it's spiritual connection to RNGesus...

aboriginal cultures such as these are able to control what number gnw gets and when, and how they get stitches, through their beautiful connection with the rng spirits

we must go back to our roots
OPEN YOUR MINDS. DON'T LET CONSUMERISM TAKE OVER YOUR SPIRIT!
There is truth to be found in this world, in RNG...
OPEN YOUR MIND.

It is the time of reuniting, coming together with RNGesus; it is the beginning of returning to Oneness with the universe and beauty of RNG... In the future, as relationships unfold, deeper and deeper levels of understanding and commitment to RNG will blossom forth, for everyone will be willing to speak from the Heart with RNG as their guide...

Hulter

Smash Cadet
The relevant discussion at this point is what to replace the random elements with, and that calls for a new topic. Most seem to agree it's far from optimal to keep **** random.

Yurya

Smash Apprentice
There is no "proof" that randomness is a bad thing and there is no "proof" that randomness is a good thing, it's not something you can prove.
While there may be no "proof" (it is an ideal not a fact of nature) there are plenty of ideals that societies have implemented like "no murdering" while which also can't be proved it should be clear that it is bad (to everyone: please don't go into a religious discussion here).

In Smash, tournaments have clearly changed the rules so that random elements (items, stage hazards, etc...) are minimized or removed because they take away from the competitive aspect.

I am also sorry to all regarding diverting the discussion from the OP. I wanted to just mention that there were possibilities to random elements and I got a bit carried away.

Top Bottom