• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ranked Tournament #1 (N.A. Finals!)

MattNF

Smash Lord
Random is still fair because double elimination!
No. good players should not be in the losers bracket that early when they're clearly better than most other players who will still be in winners at that point.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
No. good players should not be in the losers bracket that early when they're clearly better than most other players who will still be in winners at that point.
meh, this is still the fairest way to do it..

Im not going to say well...X is better then Y so lets put him here...and then W is better then Z so ...naw

Ill let the randomizer do its job until the second one, which will be seeded :)

MattNF

Smash Lord
Oh well I dun care seeing as how I'm not even in the brackets anyway. I was just pointing out that seeding is more fair

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
Yes it is, but we dont have seeds for anyone, just players we personally think are better.

Those players will show them selves in this tournament!
It will probably take a few tournaments to get useful seeding info, since a best of three between any two players doesn't say much on its own. It's probably more accurate and useful to just go by well established reputation for a while, at least.

Really though, seeding isn't much of an issue when people aren't going to be viewing these matches and expecting a big finale.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
It will probably take a few tournaments to get useful seeding info, since a best of three between any two players doesn't say much on its own. It's probably more accurate and useful to just go by well established reputation for a while, at least.

Really though, seeding isn't much of an issue when people aren't going to be viewing these matches and expecting a big finale.
Can you see the Brackets yet?

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
Can you see the Brackets yet?
Yeah, I can see them now.

I share the same bracket concerns that have already been mentioned, but as I have explained I don't think they really matter. Looks like we will be getting a feisty loser's bracket though.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
cmon Lawren lets play and end the tourney .. J/K

I'd try to bring here more european players D:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
so I play B Link

IM Me after 10 weekdays or at any time on the weekend to play me

goc6283