• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[RANKS?] Conjectures of a 10-Man Crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

fazares

Smash Apprentice
those early pseudo-tier list are a fluke...i own the game and i wont dare such a thing yet...
btw many respected players have said mario is much better this time, such as gimpyfish and eggz...
p.s.his airs have very good priority and are fast...his fireball comes out faster his up smash and d-smash are quick enough....wtf...:-/

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Good idea, Dutchman, I'll do that in a moment. And Fox still is good, just not as good as before. His upsmash, uptilt, and upaerial are still beastly, laser spamming is amazing, etc, etc. I can see him moving upwards.

Mario has good smashes, but they're not always fast enough. His projectile isn't very good, but his grabs are. His aerials are pretty sweet, but they can be outprioritized. Overall, he's still pretty medium. He has potential to be great in the right hands.

Link isn't that horrible, but none of the characters are. I can see him being used well.

LaFaldaGunner

Smash Rookie
Snake is slow and can be out-projectiled and out-aired. That being said, he has really good priority, damage, and knockback. Honestly, Snake is the most unpredictable of the characters, I see him moving around a lot on the list, especially upwards.

Samus, like Falcon, was heavily nerfed. And Zero is on there already. =)
My bad, it's on there as Zero so I kind of overlooked it. :)

LoreEater

Smash Rookie
Fair enough, I can mostly agree with those points.

To the folk in this thread flabbergasted at Link being bad, this is my take on it. Keep in mind, I've only played about 30-40 matches with regular Link, so consider these basic impressions. Link's moves are about the same as they were in Melee, with slight changes of course, but the big ones (to me at least) were the replacing of the boomerang with this gale nonsense, and the fact that his spin attack is far less powerful. I would go as far as to say as the Brawl version is only as good as the Melee version once it's fully charged. Another big thing is that after playing Toon Link, who is an absolute blast to play because it seems so easy, regular Link is kind of a drag.

Also, on Yoshi: I played Yoshi extensively in both 64 and Melee, and still like playing as him in Brawl, but I have to agree that he's not as good overall as most other characters. Even after I figured out how his eggs work in Brawl, I still felt like he really doesn't have anything going for him in particular.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Haha, yeah, sorry about that, it might be a little more strange to call her Zero than ZSS or Zamus, but we just call her Zero. XD

-Aether

Smash Journeyman
Even if none of you play Pit/R.O.B. etc, this speculation is exactly that...speculation. In my play group (which includes 7 people, we play all the time) Pit and R.O.B. never seem that much more difficult. In Melee, the people I play with have relatively similar skill levels, some being alittle better or worse. We were all competative. In Brawl, our results have been so vastly different from yours. This could be attributed to 100 things.

Things like individual play style, skill gaps between players, which characters see more play time (and thus people have more practice with them.) I mentioned Wario because I play a pretty solid Wario and I repeatedly beat both a Pit and a Toon Link. I'm sure your list accurately reflexs YOUR experience, but too many factors must be taken into account.

I do see some similar trends. We also think Ganondorf is horrible. No one has been able to effectively use him. We'll see what things develop into.

Lyoncet

Smash Apprentice
Tier list = "THIS IS THE WAY IT IS!" This = "Hey guys, here are some thoughts."

The one that I'm really interested in hearing your take on is Sonic. Half of the community thinks he's the worst character in the game and the other half thinks he's ok-to-godly.

fazares

Smash Apprentice
if u want thoughts...go to the character subforums....u will get more detailed and reliable thoughts(pro mainers gather there to give useful insights)

xl Lan lx

Smash Apprentice
What people need to understand here is that this list does NOT neccesarily mean that all of this is correct. This is based upon 10 people analyzing the mere strengths and weaknesses of characters. It is not perfectly accurate. You really can't even 100% agree with Melee's "official" tier list either--it basically was based simply off of combos. Can't execute combos with Fox? He's crap. (Sure there are good Fox players without the uber-combos, but I don't see much without the combos...)

We'll see eventually what MLG (or whoever makes the tier lists) decides to put who on where and et cetera, but for now we cannot guarantee much.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
As impressive as the 1000+ collective hours are, we aren't really accepting tier list discussion threads here in the General Brawl boards. Not only does the Smash Back Room determine the official tier list, but there is a discussion of this sort in the Tournament Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom