• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

rant on my moron friends that are complete idiots

marthmaster59

Smash Journeyman
Link to original post: [drupal=874]rant on my moron friends that are complete idiots[/drupal]

I hate it when i am in an arguement and i make several points, and several things to back it up and how it happens to them too, but they keep on with THE SAME SENTENCE "but it just sucks, i can't explain it" well if you gave me a reason i can prove you wrong, one time my friend said i was being unchristian by watching anime, than i said that he was being unchristian by lieing and insulting people. than somebody told on me. it is ok when they seem to be winning an arguement, but when i bring up a point, OH NO.worse than fanboys.and they have the nerve to come up after that and say "well anime does suck" LIKE IT'S A STATEMENT/FACT!!!! IT IS AN OPINION YOU MORON!!!!!!!!!!
also. in these arguements: i back my points up with facts and they back theirs up with THEIR opinions.
for example
"anime sucks"
me "wierd because a majority of people love it"
"well not many people are otaku (w/e that is)"
me "first off *explains what otaku is* and second, THERE ARE A FREAKIN' LOT OF OTAKUS"

another day he comes up and says
"i know why you have trouble making friends"
me "why?"
"not many people are gamers"
the stupidity had me lost for words.

also, my classmates in general are gullible morons too
whenever the teacher says something, they believe it,but when i know they are wrong, they just keep agreeing.
it's like "the teacher said it.it's official"

i know i sound like im mad but i experiance this EVERY DAY.

oh also, my brawl disk is broken and my parents still have my wii.

some people would i like to complain.well tbh, i do.my moron friends would say "we're not complaining" just because it sounds like it is bad.

also, i like to argue, and i get into arguements alot.sue me.

if somebody i knew read this and said "dude, are you whining" i would say flat out, YES I AM, WHAT IS THERE TO DO?

they can't find anything wrong with it.so they infact, are whining so they hypocrites who live by double standards.fact.

i wish they would realize how stupid they are.

i am sorry this is so long,but they are so stupid!!!
also they call me stupid for having a forumy type of humor (where you act stupid but can be serious aswell) and when i call them stupid for those reasons, his internet girlfriend who does not know not know him gives him a free ride by cussing me out.

one last thing, they repeatidly act as if they do not know what a word is when i constantly explain it.

i have realised it.they're not my friends anymore.

last message:i am complaining. WHO CARES?

-not based, BUT THIS IS A FREAKIN REAL LIFE STORY.
by marthmaster59

Quick fact:this was originally written in a thread in the pool room.

PS:i saw the jeff hardy vs tripple h match, rooting for jeff.than "the edge" (a random A hole) comes and ruins it for everyone. jerk.
Edit/Delete Message

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Wait, how is watching anime un-Christian?

But anyway, I hate when people make remarks like, "Oh, I know why ______" and then they say something that makes no sense what-so-ever to back it up. What I usually do when someone says something really dumb like for instance, my brother usually says that Melee is a dumb game. I just retort saying "Okay.", or just say "Yeah, you're right." It usually leaves them at a loss for words.

Hm, well if you have further problems try to work them out. =D

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Gamers are actually a minority in the grand scheme of life, and while there are millions of us, we're all spread out. We're only countless on forums like these where we can all gather, and to be quite frank, gamers have trouble interacting with non-gamers as a general rule.

Anime being UnChristian is just a horribly biased opinion from the Christians with no credibility who think that listening to rock music is UnChristian. THE BEAT IS SATANIC! Pokemon is evil and the work of the devil. Jigglypuff is a demon.

I'd lose all respect for any Christian (Which I am) who thinks anime is UnChristian completely in general instead of basing it off individual ones, and I hardly watch any of it.

And of course the people in real life are going to act stupid. . .They're inferrior lifeforms who have not realized the joys of gaming and the internet. They are living in the imaginary world while we have found the true world here on the computer. Those ignorant flesh bags.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
The majority of people are stupid. REALLY stupid. Like, it makes me cry at night, it's that bad. Just try to avoid the dumber people, it's really not worth your time. What NAKEDeDeDe said sounds good too, agree, or say something else equally stupid and act all confident when they try to make fun of you. I use the latter, and it's quite amusing to see what people's reactions are. Leaving people at a loss for words is always enjoyable.

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes being patient goes a long way. Yes, most people are morons. Yes, most people don't like to admit they're wrong. Yes, most of the time, it's aggravating when you know you're right but they won't admit it. However, I've realized that dealing with stubborn people can be easier by changing your own personality. Try to be patient, hear out their points and ask them why it is like that.

Using your example:
"anime sucks"
"why"
"it just does"
"well can you explain it?"
"it just does"
"well, if you can't explain it, how am I supposed to believe you? You can believe what you want, but I still think anime is awesome"

That was a bit cliche, but it still gets the point across. You see, the whole reason that you're angry is because you can't convince them. You're angry because you can't convince them that your ideals are correct. You said that they think anime sucks. You think anime is cool. They're differing opinions. What's to say that you're right? Just try to juxtapose the two arguments and you'll find that they're basically the same.

You firmly believe that anime is good.
They firmly believe anime is bad.

You get angry because you can't change their opinion.
They come up with poor excuses because they can't change your opinion.

The best way to look at it is that you have your opinions they have theirs. You have to realize that your opinion isn't fact either, even if you base your opinion on fact. The best you can do is not care what other people think of what you believe in. Stay strong to your own opinions, but don't get too caught up in it when other people attack them. You have to have an open mind and instead of being bent on changing their opinions, just ignore them. If they can't accept you for who you are, they're not your friends. (lol another cliche line XD) Plus, if someone that stupid comes up and gives an obviously incorrect statement, why should you care anyway? They obviously don't understand anything.

The best thing you can do is just learn this quote

"To each his own"

If you're in an argument with a stubborn person, you don't always have to win. Winning isn't everything. Chances are, you'll never change a person's mind in one argument. It takes lots of work to change someone. Just giving people facts isn't going to work either. Fact is, people like that are a part of life. You can't avoid them. So if you can't learn to deal with them, you're not going to get very far.

I bet that even now, this post I'm writing won't change your mind in any significant way. Sure, it may give you something to think about, but I bet that you'll just look at it, reject it, tell me how I'm wrong, how you've already tried that, give some reasons why it won't work, and move on. At least, that's what a normal stubborn person would do.

Now that I've said that, I'm hoping you'll do the opposite and try to learn something from this extremely long post.

marthmaster59

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes being patient goes a long way. Yes, most people are morons. Yes, most people don't like to admit they're wrong. Yes, most of the time, it's aggravating when you know you're right but they won't admit it. However, I've realized that dealing with stubborn people can be easier by changing your own personality. Try to be patient, hear out their points and ask them why it is like that.

Using your example:
"anime sucks"
"why"
"it just does"
"well can you explain it?"
"it just does"
"well, if you can't explain it, how am I supposed to believe you? You can believe what you want, but I still think anime is awesome"

That was a bit cliche, but it still gets the point across. You see, the whole reason that you're angry is because you can't convince them. You're angry because you can't convince them that your ideals are correct. You said that they think anime sucks. You think anime is cool. They're differing opinions. What's to say that you're right? Just try to juxtapose the two arguments and you'll find that they're basically the same.

You firmly believe that anime is good.
They firmly believe anime is bad.

You get angry because you can't change their opinion.
They come up with poor excuses because they can't change your opinion.

The best way to look at it is that you have your opinions they have theirs. You have to realize that your opinion isn't fact either, even if you base your opinion on fact. The best you can do is not care what other people think of what you believe in. Stay strong to your own opinions, but don't get too caught up in it when other people attack them. You have to have an open mind and instead of being bent on changing their opinions, just ignore them. If they can't accept you for who you are, they're not your friends. (lol another cliche line XD) Plus, if someone that stupid comes up and gives an obviously incorrect statement, why should you care anyway? They obviously don't understand anything.

The best thing you can do is just learn this quote

"To each his own"

If you're in an argument with a stubborn person, you don't always have to win. Winning isn't everything. Chances are, you'll never change a person's mind in one argument. It takes lots of work to change someone. Just giving people facts isn't going to work either. Fact is, people like that are a part of life. You can't avoid them. So if you can't learn to deal with them, you're not going to get very far.

I bet that even now, this post I'm writing won't change your mind in any significant way. Sure, it may give you something to think about, but I bet that you'll just look at it, reject it, tell me how I'm wrong, how you've already tried that, give some reasons why it won't work, and move on. At least, that's what a normal stubborn person would do.

Now that I've said that, I'm hoping you'll do the opposite and try to learn something from this extremely long post.
actually, i was thinking about it deeply before the whole "i know your gonna do this" thing. and i really can't think of any way you are wrong, you made a pretty good statement.out of all the things i have tried, i havnt tried that.and i am being stubborn. easy as that.
i will definately try this
and i swear, this was my opinion even before your "i bet that even now," thing. it is hard to change an opinion or idea, but you did a good job of it

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
if people are being stupid, show them how stupid they are by pointing them back at what they just said.

EXAMPLE:

Them: "Anime sucks"

You: "People who don't like anime suck"

or

You: "Overly negative people who hate on things instead of trying to appreciate them suck"

If they have the mental capacity, they will monitor their own behavior once they realize what pointless things they are saying. If they don't, they'll say something increasingly asinine, in which case you should seriously ask yourself why these morons are your friends.

If they hate on gamers, if they dislike ironic Internet-type humor, then how do you manage to enjoy their company at all?

Also, gamers aren't a minority, not with MMORPGs capturing the hearts and souls of housewives, retirees, and prepubescent boys with no friends alike. So tell them to stick that in their straw and suck it.

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
You gotta be stupid too. Y'know, go with the flow. Much less stressful.

You guys take this too seriously. You should laugh a little more.

marthmaster59

Smash Journeyman
I now consider them my rivals.

also, I asked one of them if he was good at brawl, he said "yeah".He than proceeded to brag on how he thinks nobody could beat him.I am now training hard to own this noob

he is also a mario main, so I am going to be temping G&W

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I now consider them my rivals.

also, I asked one of them if he was good at brawl, he said "yeah".He than proceeded to brag on how he thinks nobody could beat him.I am now training hard to own this noob

he is also a mario main, so I am going to be temping G&W
Just CG the s*** out of him with DDD. Try and take him to Eldin too.
In any case, try not to get too worked up about this kinda stuff, stressing out makes you age quicker, and die younger. :(

Mith_

Smash Champion
aww dude.
sarcasm is a gem.
be sarcastic with them when they do ish like that and they will leave u alone.

Ugg

Smash Champion
if people are being stupid, show them how stupid they are by pointing them back at what they just said.

EXAMPLE:

Them: "Anime sucks"

You: "People who don't like anime suck"

or

You: "Overly negative people who hate on things instead of trying to appreciate them suck"
I would avoid saying stuff like that, because it could turn into the most heated and childish argument ever.
But, I wouldn't take it that seriously and stress that much, that's just me though.
Don't get too competitive in that brawl match, either, bad stuff might happen

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
You know, I had an online friend that was like that.

I had my last conversation with him when he threw a tantrum because I said I wasn't really interested in Warhammer.

Apparently just the phrase "well, that's your opinion" makes certain people's blood boil.

Imo I'd just ignore them. They're being childish.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
The majority of people are stupid. REALLY stupid. Like, it makes me cry at night, it's that bad. Just try to avoid the dumber people, it's really not worth your time. What NAKEDeDeDe said sounds good too, agree, or say something else equally stupid and act all confident when they try to make fun of you. I use the latter, and it's quite amusing to see what people's reactions are. Leaving people at a loss for words is always enjoyable.
YES!!!!

I always argue wit people that can't back up what they say, and I love debates, and they suck at debating, and it pisses me off!!

LEARN TO PLAY LIFE!!!!

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Lol. I only revisited this because I saw Solid post. <3 Solid. Nice sig btw.

The best part is, most people don't even catch on to anything :bee:

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I can't say I do like my friends, because, well, they're my friends. but all of them seem to have some kind of flaw or something that annoys me. I have a lot of nerdy friends, and I mean really nerdy friends, though I like to think I'm not that big of a nerd. there are also some guys who aren't really my friends, They just hang out with the same crowd as me. some of them rant on about things I don't care about, some of them never listen when I rant on about things, some of them are very touchy, some of them are depressed, some of them aren't into video games and other thing I'm like, some of them are such noobs at smash or other games that it just makes me facepalm, and some of them pick such dorky topics, ALL THE TIME (I mean like every discussion we have), that I'm frequently facepalming.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I can't say I do like my friends, because, well, they're my friends. but all of them seem to have some kind of flaw or something that annoys me. I have a lot of nerdy friends, and I mean really nerdy friends, though I like to think I'm not that big of a nerd. there are also some guys who aren't really my friends, They just hang out with the same crowd as me. some of them rant on about things I don't care about, some of them never listen when I rant on about things, some of them are very touchy, some of them are depressed, some of them aren't into video games and other thing I'm like, some of them are such noobs at smash or other games that it just makes me facepalm, and some of them pick such dorky topics, ALL THE TIME (I mean like every discussion we have), that I'm frequently facepalming.
This is planet Earth not Heaven. A lot of people you don't want to share company with will be around until you die. Deal with it, and stop whining.
I don't like to sound harsh and snappy, but some people need to wake up and realise that the majority of people are dull, unintelligent and selfish. Just try not to get too upset about it, and you'll be fine. ^__^

Annhialator Zero

Smash Apprentice
I often have this problem with people saying metal sucks because it is just random growling and not even paying attention to me pointing out it isn't. What's worrying is that the majority of people in my school who do this like rave =/

Mith_

Smash Champion
This is planet Earth not Heaven. A lot of people you don't want to share company with will be around until you die. Deal with it, and stop whining.
I don't like to sound harsh and snappy, but some people need to wake up and realise that the majority of people are dull, unintelligent and selfish. Just try not to get too upset about it, and you'll be fine. ^__^
Teran rules.

Top Bottom