• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate And Discuss Their Chances: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Jigglypuff...

Want: 5 - I don't really play the character, but Jigglypuff has grown on me since Smash 64. Plus, we need a great wall of painer, so yeah.

Likelihood: 5 - There's really no way or reason for Jigglypuff to get cut; it's been around since Smash 64, and has remained a staple since then.

Prediction for Balloon Fighter: 2.43

I nominate KOS-MOS x5

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Want and Likelihood: 5

Jigglypuff was never, ever going to be cut, and at this point, never will. Deal. With. It. Haters.

Predicting 1.98 for Balloon Fighter
Nominate Groose x3, Hades x2

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I personally never liked Jigglypuff as both a Pokemon or a Smash character. However, I recongize her history within both Pokemon and Smash. While I feel that other Pokemon could replace her, the best time for that would have been in Melee. Now with three games under her belt, her chances for returning in Smash 4 is looking like a lock.

Want: 3.2 Sorry, just not a fan. No offense.
Likeliness: 4.95

Balloon Fighter`s Prediction: 2.85

Noms:

M. Bison x5

jigglover

Smash Lord
As others have said, she's not going to leave, if you're wondering why she was in in the first place it was because she, Pikachu and Clefairy co-represent the series.
Want 5
Likelihood 5

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I'm not very good with Jigglypuff, but she is really cool, and a Smash game without her, when she's already been a three-time veteran, would just feel wrong, just the same if any of the other Twelve were missing.

Want/Likelihood: 5

Balloon Figher Prediction: 2.97

Nominations: Lucina x5

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Want and Likelihood: 5.

No cuts, especially an Original 12 character with an amazing and unique moveset.

Predicting a 1.9 for Balloon Fighter.

Nominating Meta Knight x5

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
A perfect 5 likelihood for Jigglypuff. Being an original 12 member, it stands to reason that Jigglypuff will be coming back.

D

Deleted member

Jigglypuff:

Want & Likeliness: 5
No cuts, especially not that of one who's been in all Smash games already.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
Want: 5

She has been one of my mains since the beginning, so yes i am pro-Jiggz.

Likelihood: 5

If they scrap Jigglypuff, considering she's one of the original 12. I'm going to burst a vain.

Balloon Fighter Prediction: 2.80

Nominates: :pichu: x3 Toon Zelda x2 Bayonetta x1

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Jigglypuff?

Want - 1.5
Likelihood - 3

Despite maining her in Melee and Brawl, I am not wearing my rose-tinted glasses so I am not that crazy about Jigglypuff or the "Original 12" thing. That's why I have Smash 64 added to my Wii VC library and never gave/sold away my Melee/Brawl discs. If I wanted Jigglypuff again, I'd simply play those old games. No big deal. It's mainly because I really would like to see a couple new never-before-playable-in-Smash Pokemon characters. That's why I give her an 1.5.

Pikachu is the series mascot so he can be in all Smash games but all the other 600+ Pokemon are fair game, including Jigglypuff and Mewtwo. I am not anticipating Jigglypuff getting the cut in Smash. I'm just like "whatever" because I've grown to expect her in Smash but then again, Jigglypuff have been almost cut but stayed in the last minute in Melee and especially Brawl... so who knows? Maybe the third time is the charm. That's why I give her a 3.

Nominations = King Hippo, Duck Hunt Dog, Meowth, Tingle, Impa

D

Deleted member

Jigglypuff have been almost cut but stayed in the last minute in Melee and especially Brawl... so who knows?

Proof? Last I checked, Ness was the only one planned to be cut in Melee; for Lucas.
As for Brawl, just because Jigglypuff was near the end in priority doesn't mean she was planned to be cut.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
If there was a Smash bros game without Jigglypuff, it'd feel like something was missing. She's been in every game, so I think she'll come back, but I also wouldn't be completely surprised if she was cut. I love playing as her though.

Want: 4
Likeliness: 4.5

Nominate Lip x5.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
5s all round.
Want and Likelihood.
Original 12. Need I say more? okay! Original moveset, joke character turned amazing.

Nom Balloon Fighter X2
Vaati X3

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Want and Likelihood: 5

Why 5 in likelihood? Original 12, and she isn't just some random pokemon if i remember correctly. Jigglypuff was at one point or another the mascot of Pokemon in Asia or something. There IS a reason for her inclusion.

Why do i want her? NO CUTS

NOMS: Sonic x5

jigglover

Smash Lord
I'm wondering how it's physically possible for Jigglypuff to get a 3. It puts him behind Lucario! (Probably) And I think we can pretty much all agree that Lucario is more likely for the chop. I'd also like to ask about evidence for Jiggly almost getting the axe in melee and brawl as well.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
She was never considered to be cut, whether or not people want her to be. I hate to think her likelihood will be tainted by such a BS vote.

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
Likelihood: 5: Time contraints are the only cause of vet cuts so far (bar Pichu) and those can't be predicted.
Want: 3: Eh, will complain if axed, won't celbrate if kept

Nominate: Lucina x5

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Nominations

MetaKnight x5

Voting & Discussing

Jigglypuff

Personal Bias: 3
Likelihood: 3.4

I like Jigglypuff, I really do. I play with her occasionally too. But, Jigglypuff is starting to bore me. She has been in three games & hasn't been a character I'm drawn too. I think she should take the bench for at least one game. If I had to choose Jigglypuff or Mewtwo, my choice would be Mewtwo by a landslide.

I don't support the "Original 12" theory that those characters will always be in a Smash game. It is a well known fact that fighting games have been known to not include original series fighters in every game. So I think it is Illogical to think that the "Original 12" will continue throughout the series.

Looking at the character roster as a whole & not just focusing on the "Original 12," I see Jigglypuff in danger. Jigglypuff's popularity has weakened some over the years; the most noticeable is her absence in the anime. She isn't a main character in the Pokemon games nor is she THE mascot. She is just another popular pokemon that can easily be replaced with another popular pokemon. I also understand that she may have not been considered to be cut in Brawl, but she was definitely not a character of high priority. Jigglypuff's absence in the Subspace Emissary story is proof of this.

Prediction

Balloon Fighter: 1

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Want/ Liklihood: 0/0

The only pokemon that get in the the big ones, the mascots.

You don't see people voting for snubull or clefairy. Why would Jigglypuff be any different?

We already have a first gen rep in Pikachu

Genericmartini

Smash Cadet
Likelihood: 5

Do people really think that Jigglepuff is going anywhere?

Want: 5

As stated before why would anybody want people to leave.

Powerstars

Smash Apprentice
Likelihood: 5 (They DON'T mess with the original roster!)
Want: 3 (Jiggs a bit meh.)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Indeed, why 48 hours? That just gives biased voters more time to infect her rating with their (inaccurate) opinions.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I'm not looking forward to her want score, when it's announced PLEASE make her throw her microphone at me! I get to take it home!
Agreed. How could people not want Jigglypuff? She' the ultimate troll character, since everyone thinks she sucks. Except in Brawl, where she really does suck. :/

jigglover

Smash Lord
I actually like her, she's a secondary of mine and I beat three level 9's with her a few times a day. She has a properly unique move-set, and there isn't a character in the whole of nintendo's history that could clone it.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I actually like her, she's a secondary of mine and I beat three level 9's with her a few times a day. She has a properly unique move-set, and there isn't a character in the whole of nintendo's history that could clone it.
Well, Clefairy is a similar Pokemon with a similar movepool. But you're right, there's no way she should be replaced. The only reason most people think she'll be cut is because they think she sucks.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Well, Clefairy is a similar Pokemon with a similar movepool. But you're right, there's no way she should be replaced. The only reason most people think she'll be cut is because they think she sucks.
Other than Clefairy... :mad: Clefairy is the one character that could replace her, but a clefairy using rest would just not be the same...:(
I don't like Mario! Likelihood: 0!

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
For christ's sake! it's 10 past 11 here, and the day is always over by now! Has SSBF been kidnapped or something?
SSBF has been kidnapped by ninjas. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue him?

Edit: SSBF should totally use this for the flavor. Just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom