• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate (and help) My Soon to be Complete Team

h2ownage

Smash Journeyman
Victoria, Australia. We have Strikers already! For
Alright, I'm gonna get this out of the way early: I'm noob to a lot of things in Pokemon, like the Natures and whatnot. This is my team which i should have complete soonish. I welcome any advice, because it probably really needs it. Bear in mind it is a team that is comprised of Pokemon that I like and have moves which I like. This is just meant to a rating for the movesets basically. I need some help with it so any constructive advice would be great. Here goes: (Not including natures because I don't really understand them)

Torterra holding Leftovers
Sunny Day
Solarbeam
Synthesis
Earthquake

Gengar holding ??
Hyponosis
Nightmare
Dream Eater
Sludge Bomb/Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse

Drapion holding Sharp Claw (lot of people are gonna hate this moveset)
Double Team
Swords Dance
Cross Poison
Nightslash

Salamence holding ?? (a bit undecided here... advice?)
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower
Hyper Beam
???

Scizor holding ?? (this one needs alot of help)
Iron Head
X-Scissor/U-Turn
Swords Dance
Double Team

Abomasnow holding Leftovers
Energy Ball
Ingrain
Woodhammer
Ice Beam

Well there it is. Laugh it up, flame it up whatever you want, as you can see it needs alot of work.

Metadour-2

Smash Apprentice
FLAMING will get you banned =)

Instead, we fellow SWF folks are here to help.

Lemme give this a shot.

Although I don't like giving people the standards movesets, I don't have time to discuss this. However, you can object whatever you don't like and we'll fix it so that you find this to your liking.

Torterra holding Leftovers (That's fine)
Sunny Day (No)
Solarbeam (torterra likes physical moves)
Synthesis (No)
Earthquake (Yes)

Try this:
Torterra w/Leftovers

-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Leech Seed/Roar
-Rock Slide/Wood Hammer/Seed Bomb

All of those moves play to torterra's strengths-It's massive attack stat, High defenses, and good type coverage. It's used as a physical wall/sweeper. Rock Slide or Wood hammer depends on wether you want STAB or better coverage. Your choice.

Gengar holding (Focus Sash? Choice Specs? etc.)
Hypnosis (Not on choice sets)
Nightmare (No)
Dream Eater (No)
Sludge Bomb/Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse

Gengar is fast, and he hits hard. Use him as such, not as a supporter.
Try this.

-Hypnosis/WoW
-Shadow Ball (For STAB)
-Thunderbolt (For Coverage)
-Energy Ball/HP ICE/HP Fighting.

Drapion holding Sharp Claw (lot of people are gonna hate this moveset)
Double Team
Swords Dance
Cross Poison
Nightslash

Just ...no.
Drapion w/Scope Lens

-Earthquake
-Night Slash
-Ice Fang/Fire Fang
-Swords Dance

Maybe. I dunno alot about drapion.

Salamence holding Choice Specs or life orb since it seems like you like special attacks.
Dragon Pulse
Flamethrower
Hydro Pump
Draco Meteor

Swords Dance
Agility
X-Scissor
Baton Pass

Blizzard/Ice Beam
Energy Ball
and i have no ideawhat else haha.

straight out of time.
I'll put in EVs and nature and whatnot later.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Alright, I'm gonna get this out of the way early: I'm noob to a lot of things in Pokemon, like the Natures and whatnot. This is my team which i should have complete soonish. I welcome any advice, because it probably really needs it. Bear in mind it is a team that is comprised of Pokemon that I like and have moves which I like. This is just meant to a rating for the movesets basically. I need some help with it so any constructive advice would be great. Here goes: (Not including natures because I don't really understand them)
You can do a little research at Serebii.net on natures. Here's a link! ^ ^

http://www.serebii.net/games/natures.shtml

Torterra holding Leftovers
Sunny Day
Solarbeam
Synthesis
Earthquake
Off to a good start, but Torterra has better Attack then special attack. Drop Sunny day and Solar beam for Wood Hammer (that's what I'd do anyway), and give it Stone Edge. Keep earthquake. You can also breed Torterra Seed , from Bulbasuar/Beloom(?), if you don't want the wood hammer recoil. Consider another move like Stealth Rock, or even Curse; which will drop your speed, but raise attack and defense. Leftovers is fine here. My old torterra looked like this...

Torterra:Focus Sash
Nature: (neutral)
Not EV trained properly (was a starter before I knew of EV training)
-Stealth Rock
-Stone Edge
-Wood Hammer
-Earthquake

The idea was to have my starter get Stealth Rocks out quickly. In a tourney, the Focus Sash helped... but I was frozen from an effing Ice beam...:urg:

Gengar holding ??
Hyponosis
Nightmare
Dream Eater
Sludge /Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse
Good start, but drop Nightmare and Dream eater for Shadow Ball. You can keep sludge , but I'd recommend Focus Blast/Energy Ball, depending on if you have the type coverage or not on the rest of your team. Give him Thunderbolt too. Also, I recommend Focus Sash here, since Gengar really can't take a hit.

Drapion holding Sharp Claw (lot of people are gonna this moveset)
Double Team
Swords Dance
Cross Poison
Nightslash
Double Team is banned in tourney play, and most casual play using standard rules (amongst the competitive scene). Drop double team for Ice Fang. That'll help nicely.

Salamence holding ?? (a bit undecided here... advice?)
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower
Hyper Beam
???
Specsmence eh? I prefer physical myself (a beastly 405 max attack). Drop Hyperbeam. You're leaving yourself open after you use it.

If you're going specsmence (special attack), drop Dragon Claw for Dragon Pulse or Draco Meteor (will drop your Sp.Att two stages, but hits HARD). Flamethrower is fine. Get Hydro Pump on there from breeding with a Gyrados. Last spot is up to you. Sorry, not a specsmence user. ^ ^;; Hold a Life orb.

Iron Head
X-Scissor/U-Turn
Swords Dance
Double Team
Again, drop double team. X-scissor/U-turn is up to you. I'd go X-scissor for the high attack+STAB, or U-turn if you're looking to get out of there. Give him Night Slash instead of Double team. Iron head works, but there's better options.

Energy Ball
Ingrain
Woodhammer
Ice Beam
Drop Ice beam for Blizzard. Reason: Since Abomasnow comes in with a free "Hail", blizzard is a 100% to hit in a "Hail" storm. Drop Woodhammer, keep Energy ball. Give him ShadowBall, and drop Ingrain for Grass Whistle. He'll be pretty annoying. ^ ^ Leftovers works well.

Now, I didn't do any EV spreads, cause I don't know if that's what you're looking to do or not. If you want spreads, I'll help you out with that, no prob.

Best of luck! Sorry if I wasn't that helpful. ^ ^;;

IC3R

Smash Lord
Overall, I see a decent team in the making...Except for the weakness overlaps:

Salamence/Torterra-->Ice
Torterra/Abomasnow/Scizor-->Fire

Ouch...A nice fat Exploud or Slaking could come along and decimate most of the team

Previous move suggestion are alright...
-Wood Hammer on Torterra? Replace that with Seed Bomb.
-Gengar needs some lovin' w/Shadow Ball/Energy Ball/T-Bolt/(Support)
-Drapion is SEXYSEXY with Sniper ability and Scope Lens item; Ice/Fire Fang are good replacements foe Double Team, which is banned anyway...
-SpecMense...you can go to any other forum and see that everyone gives him the same thing...
-Scizors love being Physical...Drop Double Team for Night Slash, use X-Scissor and it's good to go...
-Abomasnows are tricky...I'm likin' some Leech Seed/GrassWhistle/Blizzard/Energy Ball

Watch out for this, it will just annoy the **** out of you
\/ \/ \/\/\/\/\/\/
Alakazam @ Leftovers @ Synchronize
Bold Nature(+Def,-Att)
EV - 252 Def, SpDf 6, 252 Spd
-Hidden Power (Dragon)
-Substitute
-Encore
-Torment (Disable)

This Alakazam is designed to force critters to Struggle (with Encore and Torment/Disable), eventually killing themselves after hitting Alakazam's Substitute so many times. The foe will get sick of this crap, and eventually start switching out Pokes. Good predictions will end up with free Hidden Power. Obviously, the only things that can take the HP Dragons are Steel types, but that's why you just start the cycle over again. It's a terrible lead due to only being able to have Max 8 PP Encore, but turns the game around like a mofo about mid-battle or so. Just X-Scissor with Scizor and you might OHKO it! That is, if it doesn't have a Sub up, otherwise you're screwed...

Yeah, it's cheap, but it works--a lot...Try it out! See for yourself!

Credit goes to me for invention.:grin:

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
IC3R, the only problem with that Alakazam is that disable has poor accuracy and that it doesn't last that long. Actually, why have disable at all? Encore and torment should keep them from attacking right?

And struggle recoil doesn't hurt very much... maybe give it toxic? Still, that moveset intrigues me.

h2ownage

Smash Journeyman
Thanks so much for the help, I'm gonna try and follow it all, but getting a Skorupi with Nightslash is driving me insane (I madea thread about it asking for help). My skuny and Skorupi don't wanna "play together". Team should take a while than I initially thought.

IC3R

Smash Lord
Thanks so much for the help, I'm gonna try and follow it all, but getting a Skorupi with Nightslash is driving me insane (I madea thread about it asking for help). My skuny and Skorupi don't wanna "play together". Team should take a while than I initially thought.
Good! No great can built in 2 minutes, unless you have AR...lazy folks...

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
You may have to get another one... :(

Though, if it says, they rather play with other pokemon, you HAVE to get another. Anything else, they will breed eventually.

h2ownage

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I've fiddled around with the team, trying to take the advice in to consideration. Here goes:

Torterra holding Leftovers with Overgrow
WoodHammer
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Leech Seed

Gengar holding Wise Glasses with Levitate
Hyponosis
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Sludgebomb

Abombasnow holding Leftovers with Snow Warning
Blizzard
Energy Ball
Ingrain
Woodhammer/Ice Beam/Earthquake/Rockslide

Scizor holding Focus Sash with Swarm
X-Scissor
Iron Head
Swords Dance
U-Turn/Baton Pass

Drapion holding Sharp Claw (or Scope Lens) with Sniper
Night Slash
Cross Poison
Ice Fang
Swords Dance

Salamence holding Razor Fang with Intimidate
Draco Meteor
Flamethrower
Earthquake/Fly/Stone Edge
Roost

The Salamence is what I need help with, I'm still undecided if he's going to be Specs or not. Movesets needed here.

Also, I finally got my Drapion with NightSlash aaaaaand Sniper, which is a huge relief. ::laugh:

Metadour-2

Smash Apprentice
WoodHammer
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Leech Seed

Good.

Hyponosis
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Sludgebomb

Maybe expert belt. Drop sludge Bomb for HP ICE, it still hits Grass for SE.

Blizzard
Energy Ball
Ingrain

Good.

X-Scissor
Iron Head
Swords Dance
U-Turn/Baton Pass

Focus Sash? Eh...
I would thing baton pass, definitely. You could drop iron head for agility or for roost.

Drapion holding Sharp Claw (or Scope Lens) with Sniper
Night Slash
Cross Poison
Ice Fang
Swords Dance

Good, but no cross poison. It only hits Grass for SE, and ice fang already does that. use Fire Fang.

Draco Meteor
Flamethrower
Roost

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Ok, I've fiddled around with the team, trying to take the advice in to consideration. Here goes:

WoodHammer
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Leech Seed

Good

Hypnosis
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Shadow Ball/HP Ice

Sludgebomb should be removed

Blizzard
Energy Ball
Ingrain

I say go with EQ

X-Scissor
Iron Head/Agility
Swords Dance
Baton Pass

Go with Baton Pass. Possible replace of Iron Head with Agility

Drapion holding Scope Lens with Sniper
Night Slash
Cross Poison
Ice Fang
Swords Dance

Go with Scope Lens

Draco Meteor
Flamethrower
Roost

The Salamence is what I need help with, I'm still undecided if he's going to be Specs or not. Movesets needed here.

I say go with SpecsMence.
Nature: Modest
Item: Choice Specs
EVs: 252 Sp. Attk / 252 Spd / 4 HP

Move 1: Draco Meteor
Move 2: Dragon Pulse
Move 3: Flamethrower
Move 4: Hydro Pump

Also, I finally got my Drapion with NightSlash aaaaaand Sniper, which is a huge relief. ::laugh:
Good job. Fire-types murder this team except Salamence, though.

Metadour-2

Smash Apprentice
yeah, weavile would give your team so much crap it's rediculous. Although Scizor could probably do something with iron head/x scisoor

h2ownage

Smash Journeyman
Hey, guys, sorry for taking so long to reply, my house is getting major renovation and between school and work I haven't had much spare time (I've found time to play Pokemon of course) and now I'm on holiday and I'm currently in a sleazy internet cafe. But alot of changes have taken place in my team and I have also learnt alot about the finer points of Pokemon (Natures and EVs). Granted, I still don't entirely understand EVs, but what the hell.

Well then, I dropped my Scizor and i dropped my Drapion. Both had the nature that is +Sp. Atc and - Atk and I sepnt many hours training up candidates to fit the two spaces in my party. After trying Vespiquen, Garchomp, Drifblim, Marowak, Dragonite and Blisssey i settled with Lucario (my new fav Pokemon) and Rampardos. Here's how things currently stand in the team:

Torterra - Quick Claw - Overgrow - Bashful Nature (neutral stats)
Woodhammer
EQ
Rock Slide
Stealth Rock

Lvl. 79

HP - 274
Atk - 215
Def - 204
Sp. Atk - 151
Sp. Def - 152
Spd - 140

Abomasnow - Leftovers - Snow Warning - Quirky Nature (neutral)
Woodhammer
Ingrain
Blizzard (PP + 3)
Energy Ball

Lvl. 73

HP – 248
Atk – 158
Def – 157
Sp. Atk – 157
Sp. Def – 149
Spd – 121

I’m hoping to get something to replace either Woodhammer or Energy Ball for more diversity, but I’m not sure what attack to get. EQ is always good but apart from taking along time to get via Battle Tower, a lot of my other Pokemon have it in their arsenal.

Gengar – Focus Sash – Levitate – Bold Nature (- Atk, + Def)
T-bolt
HP Ice / Sludge Bomb
Pyschic
Hypnosis / Confuse Ray

Lvl. 72

HP – 181
Atk – 104
Def – 126
Sp. Atk – 209
Sp. Def – 145
Spd - 208

Well, I know that HP Ice would be better than Sludge Bomb (even though I am fond of it) to help out with Ground and Dragon (as well as Grass). But the thing is I don’t really know how to make my Hidden Power a different type, because right now it is Pyschic.
As things stand I have two attacks that can put the foe with a status problem, but I also have hypnosis, so I was thinking that Confuse Ray would work well with Paralysis or Psn (or Freeze). Thoughts?

Lucario – Amulet Coin (need good item for him) – Inner Focus – Impish (-Sp. Atk + Def)
EQ
Dragon Pulse
Aura Sphere
Extremespeed/Psychic/Dark Pulse

Lvl 70
HP – 208
Atk – 185
Def – 155
Sp. Atk – 180
Sp. Def – 138
Spd – 149

I really need help with the moveset and the item here, but he owns most Pokemon his level at the moment.

Salamence (physical orientated) – Adamant Orb (errrghh) – Intimidate – Docile (neutral)
Fly/Roost
EQ
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower/Roost

Lvl 78
HP – 258
Atk – 246
Def – 152
Sp. Atk – 201
Sp. Def – 144
Spd - 178

My best Pokemon by far, he hits unbelievably hard even for normal effevtiveness and he’s durable and quick. Not sure if I should have roost or not, is it worth having over an extra attack?

Rampardos – Razor Fang – Mold Breaker – Adamant (+Atk – Sp Atk)
Headbutt
Zen Headbutt
Head Smash
Endeavour

Lvl. 63
HP – 210
Atk – 250
Def – 92
Sp. Atk – 99
Sp. Def – 79
Spd – 108

Well the moveset is terrible, that much I know for certain, I’m thinkinh of having Giga Impact, EQ, Rock slide and something else. Needs a lot of help doesn’t it? His attack stat is very high but he sucks in everything else.

Well there we are, took along time. Love to hear advice, seeya guys for now. I won’t be able to reply for a while.

no time to spell check!!

Metadour-2

Smash Apprentice
I can easily make this team for you and ship it over to you via Wifi.

Tell me if that's ok, what you want changed, if you want them shiny or not, blah blah blah. oh, if you want to do it i'll need your ID, Trainer Name, and if you want nicknames or not.

Torterra - Leftovers - Overgrow - Impish Nature
Seed Bomb
EQ
Rock Slide
Stealth Rock

252 HP/100 DE/ 158 AT

Abomasnow - Leftovers/Occa Berry - Snow Warning - Modest
Ingrain
Blizzard
Energy Ball

252 HP/158 SA/ I DUNNO.

Gengar – Focus Sash – Levitate –Timid Nature
T-bolt
HP Ice
Shadow Ball
Hypnosis

252 SA/252 SP/ 6 HO

Lucario – Choice Specs/Scarf – Steadfast Modest/Timid Depending on item

Aura Sphere
Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse
Psychic
Dragon Pulse/HP whatever.

252 SA/ 252 SP/6 HP

Salamence (physical orientated) – Leftovers/Life Orb – Intimidate – Jolly Nature

Roost/Rock Slide/ Stone Edge
EQ
Dragon Claw
Dragon Dance

252 AT/252 SP/ 6 HP

Rampardos – Life Orb/Choice Scarf – Mold Breaker – Adamant

Rock Slide/Stone Edge
Earthquake
Crunch
Rock Polish/Swords Dance

h2ownage

Smash Journeyman
Hey that would be so awesome, Metadour-2 if you could do that for me. But knowing how very fickle I am, I will probably change my mind 10 times over by the time you send me the team. Would it be cool if I got back to you with an answer to my finalised team in a month, maybe a bit less?

I'll have to do some research meanwhile and compromise a team of all my fav Poke's even though most of them are in my current team (Lucario, Salamence, Rampardos). Thanks so much for the offer, it would be great to get a team all lvl 100 and get online and try my tactics against others. :)

EDIT: Seeing as my team listed above is somewhat close to lvl 100 is the offer still open if I want six completely different Pokemon? If it's not ok that's fine. Also what can I give you in return? I really appreciate you doing this and I wish i could give you something as payment.

Top Bottom