• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate/Help My Wario!!!!!!! (New vids 8/1)

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Rx just did 4 moves over and over.. :( uh, some things taht i noticed.. you were using your bike wrong, you just got it out then rode it off the stage, if you are going to keep your bike out, throw it. if not, then its just a wast of time taking it out, if u didnt mean to take ur bike out, then i understand, i do that all the time trying to chainbite =[

2) your defensive spacing was good. but when u were offensive, meh =[
3) FORWARD TILT!!!!! forward tilt goes through tornado, and its really good for spacing, fast, powerful.
4) good call up airing the shuttle loop.
5) go for more wafts, remember every minute is a chance to kill normally arund 80 for mk.
6) shield tilted up- good call on that too

looking good tho, love the tag for wario

b0wzr!

Smash Cadet
Wow RX loves his B moves.
That was so annoying to watch xD
More Wafts and more offensive.
Throw bikes too.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Thanks, I appreciate the advice. You're right, I'm gonna work on improving my offensive spacing because it's pretty bad right now. Bike usually gets on the stage because I'm using it to recover but might as well try throwing it or using it to set up random stuff once it's there instead of just riding it off. The other vids are vs a MK who doesn't just use 4 moves btw lol
bike > tornado, take advantage. btw, dojo doesnt use 4 moves :D

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
No ftilt its really bad against mk lol. Jab is safer, replace some of those fsmashes. Offensive is not the way to go against mk your approaches get *****. The key to this match-up is using your sheild clevery. At low percentages you should punish with (SH Dair ->) FH dair -> upair. Go for the combos at the percentages it works on its easy damage. Do you not c-stick your aerials? It would explain the sometimes bad spcing with dair/uair.

I'd really advise against doing anything with the biking besides recovering, but if its on the field and the opponent is close, bait then into attacking it and they will lag. Otherwise just destroy it.

Mix up your dair game more. Sh dair, Fh dair, Fh rising dair (+follow up) instead of mostly Fh+Dj dairs.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
1st jab hits on frame 8
Ftilt first hits on frame 14

Considering it's only a 6 frame difference, and ftilt has more range AND beats out all of MKs B moves, this matchup is one of the few where it's preferable to ftilt over jab (jab > fsmash is really hard to get on MK, for example). I'd save it for killing, though.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You can be equally proficient C-sticking or not c-sticking. I use C-stick b/c I have an easier time weaving while I do my aerials if I do so. I still have to nair with A though, and I move fine with it.

I'll check out your vids in a second since I finally have time. Something tells me that, if you're making it to GF vs Redhalberd you probably don't need that much help though :p

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
Its pretty freakin major as wario tbh. Some combos are impossible without it.

Mk can punish ftilt pretty easily though, so you should proberbly not use it when he is grounded. They can bait the ftilt with nado and hit wario when the move is finished. Its pretty hard to time well.

You do play a very clever Wario so your few flaws aren't such a problem.

C-sticking aerials feels wierd at first but its really worth it for bringing your game to the next level.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Vs. RX - I don't really recommend just riding your bike offstage, b/c someone could chase you down and gimp you for doing so. It's safer to just eat it or throw it, imo. Something I really really like against MKs (and anyone really) that works incredibly well is using invincibility frames from the edge to hurt them while they're offstage. If you snap the ledge and quickly drop and jump, you can hit them with an invincible backair, often netting you an early kill, or at least damage, and you can repeat the process. If they try to approach from below, invincible wafts = god.

Terrible farting for the most part, but we all have rounds like that :p Make it a habit to just always hold up against MK as you're getting hit to help you DI. This'll make it so pretty much the only thing that can kill you is a grounded shuttle loop.

Vs. Red RD1 - Very patient playing, which is good. MK is one of the few characters where following up with pressure combos isn't exactly advisable as he can get out of them with b/c of his light weight and super fast aerials (Corrupted, dair > dair > upair is only guaranteed on heavies. If they DI, MK and GWs and others can get out of it). You could've grabbed more, but your poke game was solid. Super desperate to land that fsmash on his second stock, he took of your entire stock b/c of it. Just keep poking and playing safe and eventually you'll kill him. Getting desperate = getting predictable.

Red RD 2 - Some desperate Fsmashing again. If the MK starts spamming nair like Red was doing. Run up and shield, you'll have plenty of time to grab his nair on your shield. IF they're edgeguarding right next to the edge, consider either biking really high, or biking really low to get around it (I've actually biked UNDER a stage, and then DI'd around the edge to get back on when an MK is being dumb).

Red RD 3 - Bfield again :( Lol, how you lost your first stock XD Much better performance, but I got the feeling that you were doing better here b/c you started figuring him out, above all else XD He always falls for that waft on the bike apparently.

VS. MK in general - more neutral airs. Wario's nair is ****ing amazing, use it moar. Not only does a sh nair go over their dsmash, the weak hit combos into guaranteed grabs, and if it trips it's a guaranteed fsmash. Stop going to heavily platformed stages that aren't Brinstar/Green Greens, lol.

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
So after watching the redharberd set 3 times, I think c-sticking those aerials would help you SO much. Please get it into your game. Dair and Upair are the most important.

You missed loads of oppertunitys beacuse you airdodge too much. Only airdodge when you have to, airdodging all the time is a bad habit. Airdodging towards someone to follow-up with a grab or something else is okay as an occasional mix-up, but you used it as an approach too often.

Main thing to work on atm is those combos, which should be easier with using the c-stick. Go to training mode and practice Sh dair -> FH rising dair -> upair on Metaknight. The timing on FH sair is tight but when you've mastered it you will have a safe option (beats nair OoS, where sh dair doesn't) with good follow-ups at low percentages.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
That combo doesn't work, fool! MK is light enough to where, if the player is quick, they can SDI out by even the first dair (from zero), and hit you with something before you can start the fh dair. That only really works on heavies.

His advice about the airdodging is good too, I forgot to mention that.

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
Its possible, but the frame window is very small. You're right about the sdi, however most don't have the reflexes.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
No one has advantage over MK on Bfield :p

Take MK to Sville or FD. He can make it living hell to approach him if he decides to play campy under a platform of pretty much any size.

My preferred order goes SVille > FD > PS1 (just stay really far away during rock stadium or the tree part) > Lylat/BF/Yoshis

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
That was a combination of bad spacing from DSF and it being M2K. Unless you spam ftilt incessantly they're not going to predict a random one like that. Under most circumstances shielding or jumping above and dairing are the best options.

Gichan

Smash Champion
oh man, even DSF uses red Wario, think I might have to change my colour, lol.

I am starting to learn that smashville and FD are actually good for Wario against MK to my surprise. On BF MK seems to be able to own with shuttle loops and ****ig uairs to nairs. Flat stages also seems to make MKs wanna approach a little more than on BF.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Guess it depends on the MK really. Man, I can rant about MK, what a gay char...

Anyways, how about Distant Planet? You can use the pellets as a projectile. Like, sure he can as well, but you have more mobility to avoid them then he does. What do you think about this?

FattyFatFatso

Smash Apprentice
I completely agree with Phantom X's evaluation of your playing against Red Halberd. He is probably an average metaknight at best. Remember to play patiently but most of all, do not fear metaknight. You airdodged alot to try to distance yourself from metaknight. That is not good since you need to get close to hurt him. Excessive airdodging gives metaknight more and more control of the match and you need to shift momentum away from that. Don't camp, because unless you are DMG, metaknights will punish you for running away. You had some very good punishes on the first match on lylat, especially the fart and clap against the shuttle loop. Get off your bike immediately once you are safe enough to di back towards the stage. Staying on the bike for extended periods is dangerous because it is a big slow target as opposed to your tiny body which can di towards the stage better. Challenge his tornado with your D-air, and learn DACUS to punish if he catches you shielding on the ground and tries to move the tornado away safely. Do not panic if you are a stock down and dont waste F-smashes foolishly. From experience, unless they are Dojo,M2K, or Infinity, most metaknights will die at about 100% from a fresh F-smash on neutral stages. Best advice I can give is to learn the rhythm of their attacks, don't rush a metaknight on the ground or you will just eat a D-smash, and develop a hit and run approach. Combos on smart metaknights are rare due to their high priorities. 1 hit or 2-3 hit combos are enough.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
If you don't really want critiquing on them you can go ahead an post them in the regular video thread... I don't really know how you'd critique in doubles, tbh. Either way it would be interesting to see, especially if it's some unorthodox team combination.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
K, so I've been watching the last round of you vs this ROB, and there is very little I can point out wrong with how you play nowadays. You ground broke when he tried for a grab release, you had a very solid on stage game and good biting to prevent spotdodge/dsmash shenanigans, took upair opportunities as needed, landed wafts, taunted plenty mid-match, etc. I saw limited, intelligent fsmashing, mindgames, and good ftilts as well (except that last one XD) and incredibly effective use of bite (which a lot of Wario players even STILL struggle with).

Only things I noticed were that you play it very safe with respect to Wario's offstage game, and you could improve your DI a little more (you could've survived that first nair kill if the trajectory had been just a tad more to the corner, and that bthrow killed you way too early [you can survive that into the 180s]). As you said you were a bit greedy for kills, and there were a few ugly rolls/dodges (possibly buffered or just reflex) scattered about.

I saw you going for the invincible backairs ^_^ Don't be afraid to chase ROB offstage as long as you are at least above him [and in front]. You can DI fairs upwards, and SDI upairs to punish, it's amazingly effective. You can also chase really far offstage for wafts. Work on Powershielding their nairs when you're on the ground too, it's free OoS waft punishes. I haven't tried Instant Wipeout edgeguarding vs ROBs, but on paper it seems like it would be effective as well.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
No one said you need more nair. I wonder why.
More SH nair would of definitely put some pressure into that spammy MK. At least, that's what i think.

Top Bottom