• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

rate JASONA'S samus

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Hmm... As I sit here I can't help but wonder... Was he biased in his picks? Nah, not Jasona he's a stand-up guy! Sadly not the brightest. Don't make the thread until the vids have been given the OK by YouTube. lol

But seriously, he moves alot faster then those vids will probably seem. Plus with my style counter-balancing his, it's harder for him to go all out with his various home-brewed techniques such as his SHFFMC and his Wave Bombing.

AND NO IT'S NOT DITTOING THAT'S FUN, IT'S SAMUS IN GENERAL! lol, lots of moving around and graceful movements make her the most fun to play as.

*Is going to make a Powershielding compilation vid of myself with this session of vids soon*

BTW, if you were biased in your selections Jasona... >_>

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Hey Jasona, only the 2nd and last link worked! Just to let you know! Could be just for me but maybe not....:confused:

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
my god, its Jasona and Undr! YOu guys coming to *pound* 2? I really have to play you guys.

Jasona, your samus looks nice despite the stupid mistakes. I make many more than you. Hopefully I'll iron my own out soon.

Sadly I've betrayed Samus and jumped on teh sapce animal bandwagon, but Samus is still a sick char. The matches in my sig are a bit dissapoitning since it was the first day i played fox and after that rebel was so disgusted with his Roy he switched to marth. Really want to play Jasona again. THis time I'll know how to wavedash.

and what does Undr actually main?

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
M...ain?

I mean IC, but never against Jasona's Samus. Peach is when I'm serious, but I find I do well Samus to Samus against Jasona for whatever reason.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Mmm Jasona I want to watch these but the samus ditto part just turns me off.

Edit: Okay I watched the first one and your style kinda annoyed me. Not saying that you/your style is bad. I seriously almost got a headache watching you jump and waveland/wavedash around in circles and then back air. Other then that good mindgames and lag punishing.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Sigh the first one was probably the worst one of the bunch for both of us.

JettythatSamus

Smash Apprentice
I liked how in the second video at around 2:43 it looked like Undr reflected the missle with a ground dodge. I had to rewind that part to see the shield come out.

Somebody

Smash Journeyman
Watching a few of these fights made me realize that I need to use bombs to edgegaurd a bit more. You used them really nicely a few times. I'm in a bit of a rut right now with my samus. I have way too many bad habits.

Nice SHFFMC. I can barley do that once.

Jasona

Smash Ace
new vids... maybe this time someone will actually give me some feedback... aside from telling me that my edgeguarding and recovery are easily the best places to start improving

Watty

Smash Lord
watched some of the vids, vs falcon u did jab ftilit side step every time mix it up more. dont juss jump and shoot a missle when falcon is that close to u or u will get hit like u did. spacing is key vs falcon. you up smashed alot. dont bomb on hte stage so much

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
ok so besides the glaring edgeguarding(dear goodness please never use d-tilt to edgeguard) and recovery problems there are a few things I saw that may be good for you to notice

1. You sidestep waaaaay too much and in a rhythm. This is gonna make it real easy for people to take advantage of. Yes Samus has one of the best in the game, but if it becomes predictable you're screwed.

2. Laying bombs during uneccessary times. It's cool if you want to make bombs a part of your style, but if you start doing them all the time even when your opponent isn't next to you you're going to be punished during the animation. This happened a lot in your marth matches and some in the C. Falcon ones.

3. Missles and charge shots. You've obviously embraced the fact that you have to use projectiles a lot when playing with samus, but the thing is they aren't any use unless you actually hit with them. You spammed so many missles but very few hit. Same for charge shots I only saw you hit like 2 in all the 7 matches I watched. So I guess the thing I'm saying here is accuracy would be good to work on.

I think those were all the major things I saw. You have a very aggeressive Samus which works sometimes and not others like the matches against km's marth. However I don't think its impossible to get around that and still be aggressive. Doing good keep working, and keep your unique style!

halu102

Smash Apprentice
Overall good, but you really have to watch your opponent much more closely. From then on you can go on to following techs or basically improve your accuracy with attacks, both projectile and melee. Even though Samus is slow to run, you can still anticipate where your opponent is going to be and adapt to whatever situation is thrown at you.

And yeah, links don't work.

brg

Smash Ace
Overall good, but you really have to watch your opponent much more closely. From then on you can go on to following techs or basically improve your accuracy with attacks, both projectile and melee. Even though Samus is slow to run, you can still anticipate where your opponent is going to be and adapt to whatever situation is thrown at you.

And yeah, links don't work.
lol did you comment without watching the vids? haha

halu102

Smash Apprentice
lol did you comment without watching the vids? haha
No i saw them, and Jasona (usually the green samus) was getting hit by projectiles and couldn't even follow techs. And I looked for them using the search function that is conveniently on youtube. Unless that isn't the correct Jasona, then yeah, I saw the vids. And to the op, just post direct links in the op since you're sig doesn't even work (gives blog 404).

Now if you want me to be more specific, you can work on wding out of the shield, this move is invaluable as a Samus. It'll give you more options than either holding the shield out or dodging in place. Oh and work on DI, you were just getting comboed by Marth. A simple holding the control stick back can save you from racking up even more damage.

Top Bottom