• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my battle tower team please

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Just thinking of a good team to get a good streak in. Please rate and give my some good advice. :/

Garchomp @ Choice band
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Sand veil
EVs: 252 attak, 252 speed, 6 hp
Earthquake
Outrage
Stone edge
Fire fang

Blissey @ Leftovers
Nature: Calm
Ability: Natural cure
EVs: 252 hp, 252 sp.def, 6 def
Softboiled
Seismic toss
Thunder wave
Ice beam

Metagross @ Lum berry
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Clear body
EVs: 252 attack, 252 def, 6 hp
Meteor mash
Earthquake
Agility
Explosion

drcossack

Smash Ace
Looks pretty standard.

Scarf the Chomp though. You WILL run into a Froslass eventually, and it will have Blizzard. That Blizzard will not miss, and it will kill your Garchomp.

Chiko_

Smash Apprentice
Scarf the Chomp though.
Seconded. Even in Battle Tower you are going to need some speed to revengekill certain threats to your team (like every physical Pokémon with more than 333 speed).

Some of your EV-spreads are a bit redundant.
Metagross with 252 Defence without any HP investment equals 252 HP / 0 Def percentwise but isn't doing you much on the other side of the spectrum. I assume it was a attempt to maximize Metagross' physical defence but for that you'll need 136 HP / 116 Def.

Also I'd go Occa Berry on Metagross, as well as making him your lead. He's the best lead in OU and I don't see how that's any different here.

You should always max out Blissey's defence, especially in Battle Tower. Blissey will lose to even Pokémon with a mediocre attack stat, such as Skarmory and Swampert (pointed out these specifically because Metagross and Garchomp have some slight issues getting past them). With some defence you will actually beat them. Blissey can deal with special sweepers well enough even without 252 HP/Calm 252 SpD.

Also, I don't see the point of TWave. Pokémon in Battle Tower don't switch out. I'd rather go Toxic to actually beat Pokémon like Milotic, and it's a more efficient solution against Swampert as well.

My experience in the Battle Tower is quite limited so I won't go past this. Good luck!

DonkeyKongUh

Smash Cadet
Jolly max speed breloom dominates the battle tower... Scarfloom is great too because they dont switch. Really theres a ton of things you can do to completely abuse the silly AI.

In regards to your team i would eliminate agility and put in bullet punch. Do wat the guys above me said too.

Top Bottom