• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my buddy's Falco

haha001

Smash Rookie
Well.
1. I think he could play a bit more campy.
2. He should use some other of falco's aerial moves when attempting to kill in air.
3. More effective use of smash attacks and grabs.

Hope good luck for your friend

Denzi

Smash Master
*sigh*

I'm really getting tired of doing these Falco critique threads, the rest of the boards need to step it up.

SHL/SHDL, don't use grounded lasers like that
Don't pointlessly fullhop
Falco's up B is not an offensive move
Learn the Gatling Combo and use it in place of a regular Dash Attack at low %s
Aerials>lasers at short range and/or higher off the ground
SHEILD. PLEASE.
Seriously, learn to Short Hop
don't use up B offensively, especially against a character with good aerial maneuverability (like jigglypuff) who can easily avoid it.
Dash Attack less
Roll less
IAP instead of regular Phantasm
Only use the Reflector to reflect things

Honestly, your friend looks kind of hopeless at this point. He should spend time on the boards and learn to play the game in general before he even starts to worry about Falco specific strategies.

Good luck to your friend, I hope he can get better.

Hope I helped.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
It's like . . . he has no concept of range or spacing or timing (all of which are pretty crucial to any fighting game). Anyway, not to be offensive but your friend plays really dumb. He throws out random moves at random locations and pray that they're going to hit. Jiggly's on the ledge and he does a full hopped rising Dair. He full hops and does a firebird down and away from Jigglypuff . . . two or three times. I don't remember seeing a single up smash. Just the way he's playing I can tell that he's using the tap jump, which isn't bad, but if he doesn't have enough control over his movements he'd probably be better with using X/Y as jump.

Your friend needs a lot of work. Just play the game more, chill out, and think.

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
Does he play another character? B/C it seems that he doesn't grasp the freedom he has when playing Falco. Lot's of instances where he could have done some stuff and just stood there. or was all "What does this do? Hope it works." No AT's or anything... I don't think he knows the game well enough yet.

Tell him to gather info and stuff.

Top Bottom