• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Diddy Kong!

Player-1

Smash Legend
Dont take offense to anything im about to type.
For me you get a 2.5/5

Reason being is that there was no banana work. They were just there for your opponents to slip on. No glide tossing or combos. There was also no edgeguarding at all, thats where diddy excells.

But the good stuff i saw:
Nice use of things most diddy players lack doing. Good use of nairs,usmash, and ftilt

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
got enough threads yet?
Nope :p

For me you get a 2.5/5

Reason being is that there was no banana work. They were just there for your opponents to slip on. No glide tossing or combos. There was also no edgeguarding at all, thats where diddy excells.

Nice use of things most diddy players lack doing. Good use of nairs,usmash, and ftilt
I'm not taking offense at all. I put these up for people to comment on them. Trying to find someone i'm not total crap with.

Anyway, how would you use bananas against people who don't let you spam them? Or for people who use them against me?

iMeeHow

Smash Journeyman
When people try to pick them up or reflect them (Fox Wolf etc) play mind games with them. Jump at them and press Z anjd diddy will instantly drop his banana and u can go in for a punish or Learn how to Fsmash with a banana (check around the boards) and learn to glide toss because it can syke out ure opponent

Player-1

Smash Legend
Nope :p

I'm not taking offense at all. I put these up for people to comment on them. Trying to find someone i'm not total crap with.

Anyway, how would you use bananas against people who don't let you spam them? Or for people who use them against me?
Well really, you just have to get them back faster. If thats your problem you need to work on maintaining the bananas under your control, and if they do get the bananas you need to work on getting them back as fast as possible. I can personally tell when people are about to throw the bananas and can usually dash attack and catch them.

DR809

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3754-7546-8239
The thing is that you bearly use the bannanas. Sure you set them up but for your opponent to slip. If thats the case then your opponenets can easily steal controll of your bannanas. You couldve also comboed the bannanas with bannana glides. Use bannanas to help you set up smashes and kills. I also didnt see and edge gaurds just like Player-1 said thats where he exells at the most. But overall good Diddy you just need to practice in those areas.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Player-1 said:
For me you get a 2.5/5

pretty much everything i was gonna say. I DID like the one time you dash attacked into a grab though. this is all no big deal because you dont main diddy

Yanki

Smash Cadet
Just dont get focus on the bananas, u can grab the cahrs and trow far later take 1 banana, hit thems, later pull out a banana, just put the banana out when u have time, dont infront of the other char , thats why they was taking all this.

Rex+

Smash Ace
Practice, practice, practice!

Glide toss into a grab, forward or down smash is an awesome KO move. While I am aware that your Diddy is new, try to be aggressive with him. Don't spam, but be an oncoming force. Glide toss those bananas. Dash attack, then combo into any aerial or up smash. Diddy was meant to combo, and he's not a hit-and-run character.

Also, don't leave the bananas just lying there! Use them. If not, your opponent is easily going to pick them up and use them against you. And you had better hope that the other player doesn't know how to glide toss (or doesn't secondary main Diddy), otherwise they're going to **** you.

Example? MK has an EXTREMELY long glide toss, and that coupled with his forward smash afterwards can be deadly.

If you want to do Diddy mirrors sometime, I'll send you a PM whenever. :)

Player-1 said:
I can personally tell when people are about to throw the bananas and can usually dash attack and catch them.
Not against my Fox, you do. :)

Player-1

Smash Legend
Practice, practice, practice!

Glide toss into a grab, forward or down smash is an awesome KO move. While I am aware that your Diddy is new, try to be aggressive with him. Don't spam, but be an oncoming force. Glide toss those bananas. Dash attack, then combo into any aerial or up smash. Diddy was meant to combo, and he's not a hit-and-run character.

Also, don't leave the bananas just lying there! Use them. If not, your opponent is easily going to pick them up and use them against you. And you had better hope that the other player doesn't know how to glide toss (or doesn't secondary main Diddy), otherwise they're going to **** you.

Example? MK has an EXTREMELY long glide toss, and that coupled with his forward smash afterwards can be deadly.

If you want to do Diddy mirrors sometime, I'll send you a PM whenever. :)

Not against my Fox, you do. :)
Online it's harder, on offline play I catch them 80% of the time

Spammit

Smash Rookie
To anser your question about using them on people that don't let you spam it, you just need to be better at bannana offense than they are defending them, play some friendlies and always use both bannanas as much as you can, and watching some vids of the good players is a great idea for any diddy player.

Yanki

Smash Cadet
The play whit bananas have a limited, as i see spammit didnt play much vs the ppl who can use it, any char can capture ur banana when u out it out, any char can trow it, take it, anithing, have more alternatives than "Naners style" , is better than focus on the banana, as u see at the videos of Naners, he dont won no one of the challengue , ( the bananas just damage 5), that didnt are enough for won a battle, the bananas are just a complement, not all ur game, like paool, mine respects for him, he play very tough, whit bananas and whit combos, nice combinations.
A diddy hump at the edge always gona be a nice technique for kill :D

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
The play whit bananas have a limited, as i see spammit didnt play much vs the ppl who can use it, any char can capture ur banana when u out it out, any char can trow it, take it, anithing, have more alternatives than "Naners style" , is better than focus on the banana, as u see at the videos of Naners, he dont won no one of the challengue , ( the bananas just damage 5), that didnt are enough for won a battle, the bananas are just a complement, not all ur game, like paool, mine respects for him, he play very tough, whit bananas and whit combos, nice combinations.
A diddy hump at the edge always gona be a nice technique for kill :D

the only thing i could gather from that is pa0ol...where is he anyway?

timinator18

Smash Rookie
your reaction time is pretty slow. your not really taking advantage of diddy's combo abilities. 2.5/5, but dont worry. you have alot of room to improve, so it can only go up from here.

Top Bottom