• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate My Falcon Plz

n0ne

Smash Ace
Topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBR4aHc1JdI
http://www.youtube.com/sheleby121#p/u/5/hjtq2cyEGg0

LOL at 1st fight.
IDK what was wrong with me that day, I was playing kinda off, but anyways Its all i got.
Hopefully if i record more I will up them. Im playing really well now btw and got my edgecancels in there. thx.

***UPDATE*** May 31st/2010
1st couple of vids i recorded with my capture card, no sound idk why atm but i recently fixed it, next time THERE WILL be sound, anyone know why i get slow response time? i mean i use the controller then like a few miliseconds later de video responds,. i think its my lcd moniter maybe
Anyways
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9dFdTCyi6k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBuz1jxdk1M

Mizar

Smash Ace
Falco matchup is hard anyway. But I preferred your style in the first video.
Spacing and approach is what you need to work on. Read the matchup threads if you haven't already. It helps a lot

Very nice job on the comeback in the first video, I actually enjoy seeing that more than the usual falcon combo videos.

n0ne

Smash Ace
Thx. Will do.

I Actually dont have too much trouble with Falcos, I just powershield a lot, stomp alot, and nair to look for tech chases but maybe in the future ill up some.

Get@Will

Smash Champion
Only watched Falco one

You baited a lot of get up attacks from him. Try to stomp and knee / knee it next time you do so.

I noticed a few times that after you hit him with a nair or some other attack / grab that he had combo DI, you pulled back or waited for him to respond. Try to finish up combos, coz juggling spacies looks ****, and it's usually a stock.

He was recovering with firebird pretty close above you at one point. If he's that close to you jump out an intercept it with an uair/knee, because if you hit, it's a stock.

Nice comeback by the way.

D

Deleted member

stop double jump attacking onto the stage. Good players will most likely cover that option and intercept. Especially vs shiek

This is a huge flaw that 90% of falcons have

first time your up-air beat his f-smash. sorta lucky

2nd time you got *****

just double jump sweetspot the edge most of the time

--

ur DI could be better, especially in the Marth fight

if you get f-thrown DI down and away so you don't get poked by d-tilt

--

you rush attacks a lot making you whiff sometimes. In most situations you can afford to gauge the situation before you rush in and not miss

--

doing standard falcon tricks are fine but don't do it so you get ***** like in battlefield. There's like 0 reason to let go of the edge and wall jump on the bottom of battlefield.

these probably aren't your best matches

Phlemingo

Smash Ace
stop double jump attacking onto the stage. Good players will most likely cover that option and intercept. Especially vs shiek

This is a huge flaw that 90% of falcons have

first time your up-air beat his f-smash. sorta lucky

2nd time you got *****

just double jump sweetspot the edge most of the time

--

ur DI could be better, especially in the Marth fight

if you get f-thrown DI down and away so you don't get poked by d-tilt

--

you rush attacks a lot making you whiff sometimes. In most situations you can afford to gauge the situation before you rush in and not miss

--

doing standard falcon tricks are fine but don't do it so you get ***** like in battlefield. There's like 0 reason to let go of the edge and wall jump on the bottom of battlefield.

these probably aren't your best matches
Explaining everything single thing someone is doing "wrong" doesn't necessarily "help" "rate" the falcon.

Phlemingo

Smash Ace
my point isn't that rating 1 - 10 is better than pointing out flaws, its that explaining what you are doing good can also be helpful.

also, the post prior to my first post, in my opinion, accomplished nothing. Yes, he did state what could be improved, but he provided no feedback in which this can be done. for instance, saying his DI could be better is not very thorough.

D

Deleted member

wtf

i just said to DI marth's f-throw down and away so you don't get poked. How da *** did I provide no feedback?

as for regular survival DI which he didn't really pull off well im just assuming thats already given and that the matches he showed weren't his best

I also pointed out that he shouldn't double jump attack onto the stage all the time and just double jump grab the edge

he rushes every attack out of up-throw and if u just wait and gauge the situation for a split second you have a better chance of landing hits

u really think I should just say nice falcon 5/10 instead of trying to help a falcon bruhh out? A lot of the mistakes he did are the same things I did when I played Falcon in the past too

n0ne

Smash Ace
naw... dont worry about it people, no damage.. but s2j IS RIGHT about stuff like going under bf and wallljumping... but THESE WERE FRIENDLIES i know not to do that stuff in tournies.what do u mean double jumping on the stage? do u mean from ledge>jump> waveland? is that what u mean.?

oh and about waiting after an u throw youre absolutly right ... its just i used to do that but idk... sometimes i forget or something... also. these were friendlies...

and yup youre right... these arent my best matches but i got nothing else recorded atm with falcon. i only got mario vid on the mario boards and this was a while ago anyways. like i said... ill up when i record some more.

D

Deleted member

against falco in first match after you got hit off you double jump back onto the stage with an up-air

i don't encourage doing it often its often a free hit for the opponent if they aren't terrible

D

Deleted member

not if u do it all the time and become predictable and falco just f-smashes you in the face or up-tilts

im just saying this from experience

go ahead and keep doing it in tournament and get ***** by good people

n0ne

Smash Ace
um.... idk i just use double jump while abusing invinsibility frames. unless the oponent is a stomper of some sort or i actually see that im being predicted i should switch tactics. thats the way to do it isnt it

n0ne

Smash Ace
oh i see what u mean now. true.
i thought u were talking about ledgehopping.
i dont do that mistake youre talking about anymore. thx for pointing that out.

n0ne

Smash Ace
Nope. Nicaragua/Central America.
Been playing since game came out but was only recently in north america last January.
I was in Canada.(To,Ont)
The top players over here are really good and really efective i play with them on a lot of ocasions but... Shame i dont think theyll be going to NA anytime soon.
Everyone else has retired or on to play Brawl.. Out of Nicaragua and Canada, Ive only played with Costa Ricans and people from Honduras.
People over here only use Falcon or Ganon .. as do I. idk. Maybe cuz of teh sexiness.
Although my mains are Mario and Ganon. i posted some vids a few days ago on each characters section.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
eyyy nicaragua

soy puerto riqueno...que hay brother...

me encanta econtrar and gente hispano aqui porque me canso de estar hablando tanto ingles...

anyways si necesitas ayuda me deja saber y hablamos..

ight bro peace lol

n0ne

Smash Ace
Oye como va la cosa amigo ps yo pense era el ultimo latino jaja, y ps, q piensas de mi juego. deberias de chec mi ganon y mario

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
Oye como va la cosa amigo ps yo pense era el ultimo latino jaja, y ps, q piensas de mi juego. deberias de chec mi ganon y mario
nah hay otros hispanos por aqui pero lo que hablen es puro ingles so olvidate de eso

anyways bro, se ve bien todo, pero lo que falta es la experencia,

y eso es deficil de encontrar en paizes por ahi

todos lo que estan aqui en nueva york son tan buenos yo no te imagina,

claro que tiene los L-cancels y todo eso pero cuando juegas con alguien bueno y te pones nervioso, ahi es donde necesitas la experencia

suege jugando bro, si te mantienes tratando de mejoral lo vas a lograr

n0ne

Smash Ace
no ves q cuando grabe eso taba llgando a canada y tenia 10 anos de no ir!! tenia tiesos los dedos por el gran frio q habia ... pero de todos modos no eran mis mejores peleas. Toy bastante mejor.. lo q pasa a veces me gusta jugar puro agresivo y todo y soy castigado .. pero ya no.. ahi vamos a ver si subo este fin de semana

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
de verdad? ta bien

oye, conoses a afro chris?

el juega falcon tambien en canada, pero no estoy seguro de que parte el es...

si puedes juega con el

supuestamente el es bien bueno, pero no se, no lo creo tanto.

n0ne

Smash Ace
si lo conozco. bueno por forums solo. Quedamos en jugar pero el no se donde estaba pq estudiaba no se adonde.... con los que jugaba alla eran I.B , RaynEX , kirbykaze, unknown522, weonX... entre otros... pero me dijo I.B q mi capi era mejor. no se si es cierto si pq no pude jugar con el , a como te dije.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
oh wow, todos ellos son bien buenos so tienes la experiencia pues

yo olvidate de poner videos aqui para que lo critiquen

ya tu sabes jugar, y juegas con gente buena so no necesitas que nadie te diga nada

n0ne

Smash Ace
ok gracs por el tip . cuando tenga nuevos vids subo los matches. lo q pasa es q me gustaria q la gente viera mis peleas pq la verdad nadie me ha visto pq nunca he ido a tourney ni nada. ahi en un nuevo thread lo hago. gracias man

Windrose

Smash Lord
ok gracs por el tip . cuando tenga nuevos vids subo los matches. lo q pasa es q me gustaria q la gente viera mis peleas pq la verdad nadie me ha visto pq nunca he ido a tourney ni nada. ahi en un nuevo thread lo hago. gracias man

Is this n0ne from synergy, the sinx. I thought I recognized your name somewhere...

Top Bottom