• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my friend, The Masked Zorro!

Elen

Smash Lord

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Zorro suicided way too much in those vids. Like at 1:16 in the second video, he should have jumped after kicking you off the stage, rather than side b under it. Other than that looks decent. :) Can't really say much, as I don't play Fox or Marth....

Elen

Smash Lord
Just a few months now swift. I'm not sure Dazwa, but I doubt it. He's not really into the tournament scene too much yet.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
your friend here as an impressive marth. very nice edgeguarding.
i'm looking for smash tournaments and dazwa mentioned mass madness.
where and when is that?

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
o_O These matches, the skill is ridiculous, Zorro is great, really good!!! Masked Zorro is wayyy too **** good for playing a few months, excellent!
i can't wait until you get some more up elen, I bet they'll be just as awesome!

btw your fox was amusing and good too! thnx for linking me up to this man!

Brookman

Smash Hero
Zorro is krazy **** juxtaposition style good. He should work on not having such lightning fast reflexes and focus less on tech skill an more on MINEDGAYMES

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Holy ****, get this guy to some tournaments. It could really be one of those stories where some random nobody comes out of nowhere and *****.

Elen

Smash Lord
I'm trying Golden. He's just pretty busy with other things most of the time :S

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Yeah, please get him to go to Mass madness. He might be good at beating Fox, but does he know how to handle floaties? Seems like he just likes to combo...

Elen

Smash Lord
I just watched the fox ditto matches and...

the downthrow > shinespike kill on fountain of dreams is top tier combo vid material.
Lol, yeah I guess it is. We might make a combo video at some point in the future actually. Z for Zorro :O

Elen

Smash Lord
Could you explain yourself a bit more Infinite. What's this "same strategy" and how do I get around it.

InfiniteGXT

Smash Journeyman
Well I only watched the first vid so you may have picked it up after that.

But in the first vid you were being technical and forgot to avoid the hits. Shieldgrabbing would have saved you from that Fair had you not jumped of course. You do not EVER want to be in the air with a marth so jumping was a bad idea altogether. The second death was just poor spacing. You shouldnt have run up there in the first place, and it probably would have been better to spam on the other side of the field, but that would take a more reserved play style. Anyway jumping right away was the worst course of action, but I can understand why you did, waiting to sweetspot may have screwed you over anyway.

Whenever you were near the edge and grabbed him you through him up because fox has a mad Uthrow>Uair combo. But you should have hit him forward and edge guarded, regardless of his low damage. He isnt really trying to combo you in this video, just knock you off the side and edgeguard, so fighting him normally is only going to hurt you.

And finally STAY AWAY FROM THE LEDGE! Stay towards the middle where it is safe. Zorro was abusing marths ability to annihilate space animals recovery to its fullest effect. You are pretty good, but Zorro has an overall better strategy that you. One that I think even myself would have trouble bypassing without counter picking.

Elen

Smash Lord

But in the first vid you were being technical and forgot to avoid the hits. Shieldgrabbing would have saved you from that Fair had you not jumped of course. You do not EVER want to be in the air with a marth so jumping was a bad idea altogether. The second death was just poor spacing. You shouldnt have run up there in the first place, and it probably would have been better to spam on the other side of the field, but that would take a more reserved play style. Anyway jumping right away was the worst course of action, but I can understand why you did, waiting to sweetspot may have screwed you over anyway.

Whenever you were near the edge and grabbed him you through him up because fox has a mad Uthrow>Uair combo. But you should have hit him forward and edge guarded, regardless of his low damage. He isnt really trying to combo you in this video, just knock you off the side and edgeguard, so fighting him normally is only going to hurt you.

And finally STAY AWAY FROM THE LEDGE! Stay towards the middle where it is safe. Zorro was abusing marths ability to annihilate space animals recovery to its fullest effect. You are pretty good, but Zorro has an overall better strategy that you. One that I think even myself would have trouble bypassing without counter picking.
Thanks Infinite, good advice, but sadly I could do everything you said, and it wouldn't make one bit of difference.

Lunytunes4.4

Smash Journeyman

oh i see what you are talking about yea that jump did indeed mess up your game elen, but your pretty good anyway elen lol

Top Bottom