• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate My Friends Samus "Top World Samus"

Gian

Smash Apprentice
Here is a vid of my friend samus playing, hope u enjoy it and tell me what u think about him.
2 things, we didt edgehogg on this matches, just to make them last longer and look nicer.
In Mexico ppl denied to give him the best samus title, and thats y he called his self "top world Samus" in revange.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJfFGQPVedQ

Heres the "best mexican samus player" but i think he is worst than my friend

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Gd9E21RHm_M

Andromon58

Smash Apprentice
Ya, pretty good. probably about an 8, maybe 8.5. Definitely not as good as the other one tho. He uses bombs too much.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Tons of fun to watch, but a good Falco or Sheik would shut him down IMO, due to his reliance on missiles and bombs. Some good mindgames but too straightforward for a Samus.

Skinhoff

Smash Cadet
How do people become so awesome at SWD? I still don't get it...

I liked it though. While it was fun to watch, your friend relied way to much on missiles, bombs, and SWDs (as previously stated). Still, he was good.

Kick

Smash Apprentice
yeah "top world samus" is pretty good, but i think WeX is better. just cuz 1233 is a beast and to hang with him is no easy feat.

-XG-

Smash Rookie
Wow, so that's what SWD is! Who would have known something so simple would come out in such a werid and stupidly awesome glitch... =/

Anyhow, in my honest opinion going against a Gannondorf that good and getting that many stock on him instantly makes someone going against a moderately good Marth much better. The first person also used SWD much more than needed and overly spammed his missles.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
I think WEX should keep the title, he's much better than your friend Botter.

The "Top world samus" didn't seem to know how to capitolize on anything appropriately. He needs to drop that self imposed title immediately.

WEX on the other hand seemed to be better at knowing how to apply certain techniques at the right moment.

majoras.

Smash Journeyman

The "Top world samus" didn't seem to know how to capitolize on anything appropriately. He needs to drop that self imposed title immediately.

WEX on the other hand seemed to be better at knowing how to apply certain techniques at the right moment.
thats the post that you needed Gian,

its not about looking good, it clearly shows that you and botter were just being "too friendly" trying to not edgehog and all that, so i dont think that video shows how good someone is.
make botter play 1233 and youll see on your own

Gian

Smash Apprentice
thats the post that you needed Gian,

its not about looking good, it clearly shows that you and botter were just being "too friendly" trying to not edgehog and all that, so i dont think that video shows how good someone is.
make botter play 1233 and youll see on your own
mmm. never look at it that way, and ur right we where playing very friendly (did't noticed).......
we'll play again this weekend, ill make sure to fight in a non-friendly way, and maybe post vids

Mars-

Smash Champion
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Dyna live in mexico?

HugS didn't you read the first post? They were trying to make the match longer. Rofl

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
If ur talking about Dyna Dash, yes "she" lives in mexico, but the truth is that "she" doest really exist, there is a guy in mexico that ppl call him "rock" and he made up dyna, but hes the real man playing as a pink samus.
Wow. I doubt this "ROCK" guy has enough dedication to play as a female 24/7 to everyone she speaks to online.

Whatever rumors you heard, figure your info out before u post stuff like this.

DaBearX

Smash Journeyman
If ur talking about Dyna Dash, yes "she" lives in mexico, but the truth is that "she" doest really exist, there is a guy in mexico that ppl call him "rock" and he made up dyna, but hes the real man playing as a pink samus.
haha, that is a hilarious, interesting, mind-"bottling" and difficult to swallow idea.

spire caos

Smash Rookie
gian are yo dont need to say that in mexico all people know but say to other countries is to much culero te la mamamste.

Jasona

Smash Ace
first thing i noticed was that dtilt to uair botta tried. he didn't DI into it and throw gain towards the ledge nor did he fire the missile at ground level, where he had a chance of connecting or chasing it. he up+b'd over the ledge, instead of trying to sweetspot it. I can understand trying to provoke someone towards the ledge by up+b'ing over the it and FFing to ledgegrab, but he didn't even try to FF it. plus, it looked like he was trying to attack with an aerial up+b, which has no knockback. charge blast while recovering far and level with the stage and giving up while he still had the grapple. he didn't take advantage of the FF after the uair and bair, those moves end early. if you ledgehop uair, you can at least follow it up with a dash attack. LOL, just some suggestions

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
Gian there was no need to post that, you opened this thread for people to rate the samus.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
"Rock" as in Aphelion?

Gian there was no need to post that
I have to admit, that's a little sketch.

Edit: That along with the fact that there are no vids of Aphelion vs. DynaDash even though they are in the same crew and the crew has a ton of videos online. o.O

DaBearX

Smash Journeyman
Edit: That along with the fact that there are no vids of Aphelion vs. DynaDash even though they are in the same crew and the crew has a ton of videos online. o.O
Its true, however difficult to swallow it is, certain circumstances and facts make it an interesting proposal.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
I'm willing to believe it pretty easily. I don't even care if it's true, that just makes Aphelion even more of a pro. I've compared some other vids and their play style is kind of similar, so whatever.

Anyway, nice technical samus. Of course, you can't hate on WeX because he's kind of a pro. Your friend isn't going to Smash-Mex 2, is he? If not, you guys should at least head down to SMX3 to see how well you compare. Then you'll know whether or not he's a "top world samus".

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
Both were pretty good Samus players. "Top World Samus" seemed to try to be alittle bit too fancy for stuff that was coming to him at hand. And as for WeX, well there were alot of jump N air's that you missed on 1233's Ganon. Maybe it's not always like that with your playing but when he was coming for the kill and you were missle canceling he HAD to jump because he was too close to black the missle and effectively do anything so he had to get over them. N air would've canceled some of those rushing attacks. Good stuff though, I do think WeX Samus was better imo.

Gian

Smash Apprentice
I'm willing to believe it pretty easily. I don't even care if it's true, that just makes Aphelion even more of a pro. I've compared some other vids and their play style is kind of similar, so whatever.

Anyway, nice technical samus. Of course, you can't hate on WeX because he's kind of a pro. Your friend isn't going to Smash-Mex 2, is he? If not, you guys should at least head down to SMX3 to see how well you compare. Then you'll know whether or not he's a "top world samus".

how do u know about smash mex?? and how u know wer not going to smash mex 2?

0.o?? and we dont go cuz its not on outr city and smash mex 3 will be even more far away... i think smash mex 4 (if there is one) will be on our city again....i hope..

mffns

Smash Cadet
That wex person's style reminds me of another person name DynaDASH

WeX

Smash Apprentice
LOL gian, are you making a campaign of hate against me?

Anyway I think you are over rating your friend, I mean he has never been top 8 in any tourney and just because he beat you youre saying that he is the best in the world?... dude

But dont worry I know that you and your crew are living in your own universe where you are like "super beasts pros" and if that makes you happy stay there.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Playing friendly doesn't help the smash community decide skilll level. Half of a game is in the edge gaurding! All though the SWD was great, there wasn't much done with it. I'm more worried about your Marth actually.

Grand Mango

Smash Journeyman
Your friends Samus was okay, too flashy and looked like he was having trouble against that god awful marth; he's not as effective as the other Samus.

Now, the umm... pro, didn't take a look at his name, despite him losing the match, I still felt was a better Samus because he knew when to apply, and his attacks were much more fluent.

Maybe your friend should have a MM with the best samus, if you are already contesting something on a forum, why don't you just go out there and prove it first before you do make comparisons.

Zjiin

Smash Master
lol, what the hell was that? "Top World Samus" is nothing but SWD's vs a marth who occasionally swings his sword.

... it makes me sad to think that people spend all day trying to perfect the SWD instead of actual useful things like, uh... spacing, timing hits, and looking for oppritunities to take over the match.

P.S. I think my ears are bleeding from the music.

Reno>

Smash Journeyman
"Mere technical knowledge is only the beginning of Kung Fu. To master it, one must enter into the spirit of it."
"True observation begins when one is devoid of set patterns." -Bruce Lee

Dyna

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
DASH#330
NNID
DynaDASH
3DS FC
4442-0361-1464
Why, if there used to be a ton of matches, the only reason many of those matches aren't online is thanks to Filefront and the policy of file deletion and why my account was closed time enough I wasn't able to recover many things I don't have anymore anywhere.
dorf1233 plays also a similar Samus, like we all played Ganon in a similar style (we used to be a Ganondorf crew).
If there was a reason I didn't posted anymore in this thread, was because I thought was unnecessary, but right now, I'm bored.

Cheers!

DaBearX

Smash Journeyman
Dyna you owe me zelda vids from like a year ago. Quitting Smash is NO excuse!

and Zjiin, you know its all about the Ttrix. Spacing and timing is for trickless-novices.

Dyna

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
DASH#330
NNID
DynaDASH
3DS FC
4442-0361-1464
Dyna you owe me zelda vids from like a year ago. Quitting Smash is NO excuse!

and Zjiin, you know its all about the Ttrix. Spacing and timing is for trickless-novices.
You're right.
I'm going to record some Zelda matches exclusively for you.

(no sarcasm)

Top Bottom