• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate My Girlfriends Roy. Check her out

GameStation aka C4?!

Smash Journeyman
woa there guy, alittle over confident there aren't we? "two mlgs" was it? well, you didnt win thats for sure, otherwise i wouldve heard of you. no, instead i hear names like ken, aizen, pc chris, and even Wess who, may i add, never even won a world tournament, yet your here, not him, telling me and everybody else here, that roy is not sick. im sorry buddy, but im not taking your word for it either.

and after 13 tournaments and 2 major league tournaments all bringing to you no recognition, there just one word of mine you just absolutey have to take into consideration. and thats "QUIT!"

for your sake, its best we never meet, in smash. it will only damage your image even more.:)

later bud
yay, your my hero:laugh:

Umpy

Smash Apprentice
elefen lied is an awesome anime. your girlfriend has a beasty roy too. :]

but the real question is...is she hot. cuz then you have the best girlfriend ever.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
elefen lied is an awesome anime. your girlfriend has a beasty roy too. :]

but the real question is...is she hot. cuz then you have the best girlfriend ever.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

She is not that bad for a girl, I wish my girl would play smash, all she cares about is shopping. Anyways was that your luigi?
Why Do People think that. It says leeroy on the vid, My name is Dark.Pch I dont play luigi.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I know you are, but I dont want to get off topic of this thread. But for the hell of yes, Yes my girl is hot. there, now back on point

Umpy

Smash Apprentice
I know you are, but I dont want to get off topic of this thread. But for the hell of yes, Yes my girl is hot. there, now back on point
w00t. awesome. that luigi is pretty bad. wow he is bad.

golden_leeroy

Smash Journeyman
Why Do People think that. It says leeroy on the vid, My name is Dark.Pch I dont play luigi.
I will admit it was my Luigi, back when I was playing recreationally, thus I sucked with him.

I don't care that people call my luigi scrub, mediocre, crappy, etc. its fine with me, besides, I'm thinking of maining Boozer now.

So now I'm revoking my previous statement and changing it to this: this thread is amazingly stupid.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
how did you get your girl to play a video game, its like impossible for me, smash , halo, ect...

His girl is genuinely interested in it so he doesn't have to do much. There really is no point in forcing video games onto girls if they aren't in it. It's not like they're gonna get any good. They're just gonna think of it as something menial to pass some time. They don't see as much depth to games as hardcore gamers do.

Jash

Smash Lord
Theres girls who play this game, so whats so wrong about that? I mean i cant believe i saw bad comments about her because she was a girl...like wow talk about discrimination. Girls can own just like anyone else can *as proved by DynaDash and many others*. Theres a Zelda female player by the name of Goddess Rose i suggest looking her up if ya wanna know more. Theres many other girls who play Peach as well *and my favorite female peach JC/Crismas*. so i suggest we stop acting like idiots because a girl is nice at this game like us and start trying to help like some people are trying to do. Keep it up Elfin, your doing fine.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Y'know, you don't have to bring attention to the fact that it's your girlfriend's Roy. Honestly, who really cares about that? You're making a thread so we can rate the Roy based on how it actually does, instead of giving extra points because it's being played by a female, as people are bound to do. And to everyone else out there, stop making bull**** comments that "blahblahblah oh I've never seen a GIRL" do that. Who gives a **** if it's a girl doing it or not? If it's an original idea, then it is; don't make it seem like something it isn't.

Now, on topic. More SHFFL'd fair? And less nair past their shield into DED, gets really predictable. Don't charge flare blade too early, and use it a little more sparingly. Wavedash out of shield into fsmash would be nice. Probably play a little more defensively with Roy in general (for other matchups), with more grabs and more baiting into fsmashes. Btw, strider's an idiot, DED and neutral B are 2 out of Roy's few finishers (others are what, fsmash and ftilt?)

Oh btw ELD, didn't you used to play Fox? Since I remember rating some Fox a while back (months ago), and I think it was you. Any vids of those?

Theres girls who play this game, so whats so wrong about that? I mean i cant believe i saw bad comments about her because she was a girl...like wow talk about discrimination. Girls can own just like anyone else can *as proved by DynaDash and many others*. Theres a Zelda female player by the name of Goddess Rose i suggest looking her up if ya wanna know more. Theres many other girls who play Peach as well *and my favorite female peach JC/Crismas*. so i suggest we stop acting like idiots because a girl is nice at this game like us and start trying to help like some people are trying to do. Keep it up Elfin, your doing fine.
Oh. And talk about ****ing reverse discrimination. Just because this thread has a girl playing Roy, it's already over 9 pages. If it were some random guy's Roy, it wouldn't even go over one page because you wouldn't have a bunch if idiot fanboys drooling over him.

That being said, 75% of this thread is filled with ignorance.

Jash

Smash Lord
Oh. And talk about ****ing reverse discrimination. Just because this thread has a girl playing Roy, it's already over 9 pages. If it were some random guy's Roy, it wouldn't even go over one page because you wouldn't have a bunch if idiot fanboys drooling over him.

That being said, 75% of this thread is filled with ignorance.
Its over 9 pages because people are being ignorant about the fact that shes a girl and shes playing smash, so they are trying to flame her, and other people are trying to help. Theres really nothing wrong with that, this is smashboards, a place to get help. And a random guy would not get over 9 pages in their thread because theres really nothing to be ignorant about.....so according to other people...thats not what their going for. So put this reverse discrimination bull**** ahead of you because thats not whats going on.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Go read some of the posts. I can guarantee you that some statements about her gameplay are being made only because she's female. You do realize that there are very few discriminatory posts. The only ones that even leave any impression are those of Syk0, maybe strider, and Mouf because he's just a **** in general >.>

Sorry if I wasn't clear, but It's pretty much half and half I guess; but my main point is that the thread is only 10 pages long due to the fact that she's a girl. I'm not bashing those who are defending her from said flamers, only those who make illogical statements pertaining to her skill in SSBM due to her being female.

Jash

Smash Lord
Go read some of the posts. I can guarantee you that some statements about her gameplay are being made only because she's female. You do realize that there are very few discriminatory posts. The only ones that even leave any impression are those of Syk0, maybe strider, and Mouf because he's just a **** in general >.>

Sorry if I wasn't clear, but It's pretty much half and half I guess; but my main point is that the thread is only 10 pages long due to the fact that she's a girl. I'm not bashing those who are defending her from said flamers, only those who make illogical statements pertaining to her skill in SSBM due to her being female.
i mean i understand what you are saying and all, but in case you did not know....theres not many girl smashers. We acknowledge the fact that she is one of the only girl smashers here and has enough guts to take the challenge that we took. This is why you see comments like "For a Female smasher, your very good." because its true.

ElfenLiedPeach

Smash Journeyman
I agree, if I were not a girl, this thread would not be nearly as popular. In fact, I'm almost positive that about 80% of people that viewed this thread probably did it because they jumped at the word 'girl'. In my past video theads, i never made reference to being a girl in the titles, only when people asked about it somewhere in the thread, and even then it wouldn't be mentioned in the first post for people to see before they looked at the video.

That being said, I'd like to reiterate now that 1) Roy is one of my recently picked up backups. I had no expectations of it being considered good at all. In fact, I wasn't expecting these videos to be posted prior to whenever my crew made a new video thread (which they still haven't) 2) I also don't think using my roy is a very good way to gauge my abilities, as he is only a backup and i haven't even fully learned the basics of him yet (despite what some people said, I know I haven't), let alone have it up to a decent level of play. 3) I would really appreciate it if people stopped their whining about this and that, rid this thread of borderline spam, and just stick to critiquing the videos, PLEASE...

Now, on topic. More SHFFL'd fair? And less nair past their shield into DED, gets really predictable. Don't charge flare blade too early, and use it a little more sparingly. Wavedash out of shield into fsmash would be nice. Probably play a little more defensively with Roy in general (for other matchups), with more grabs and more baiting into fsmashes. Btw, strider's an idiot, DED and neutral B are 2 out of Roy's few finishers (others are what, fsmash and ftilt?)

Oh btw ELD, didn't you used to play Fox? Since I remember rating some Fox a while back (months ago), and I think it was you. Any vids of those?
Thanks for the on topic part, Hydro. Yes, you did post in my old thread (when i was looking for backups) I still play fox but not as much as before. There should be a whole wave of videos of all my characters and most, if not all, of my crewmates in the near future. I guess look out for that if you're looking for newer vids of that.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Its quite sad to see so many people that way, leaping over the fact its a girl playing a game..some people really need help...

I don't understand, the guys have no chance with you as you are already taken and theres the fact of distance but still they are "omg a girl"..its astounding.

Good example as when I was playing with a smash crew (name un-needed) and they were at my skill level..my friend, being much lower in skill than I, played them as well..well, she was beating them just like I was...

As a rule of thumb, only let girls beat you/ be overly nice about their gaminng that you have relationship with or might have a shot at so in this case, dark pch is the only one that let her win or be overly nice to her.

Mouf_From_Da_Souf

Smash Journeyman
okay let me make this clear

1)this roy is bad
2)this thread is horrible
3)dark pch only said "RATE MY GIRLFRIENDZ ROY LOLZ" to get more viewz on this trash
4)anime sux
5)my donkey kong is groundbreaking
6)that luigi seriously made me consider killing myself

if u want sum real advice, first id suggest not mentioning tha fact that ur a girl, then id play vs sum1 who doesnt charge luigiz side b in ur face (rofl rofl rofl) then id apologize to mouf for ever thinking he was anything other than tha greatest smasher that ever lived.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296

1)this roy is bad
3)dark pch only said "RATE MY GIRLFRIENDZ ROY LOLZ" to get more viewz on this trash
4)anime sux

if u want sum real advice, first id suggest not mentioning tha fact that ur a girl, then id play vs sum1 who doesnt charge luigiz side b in ur face (rofl rofl rofl) then id apologize to mouf for ever thinking he was anything other than tha greatest smasher that ever lived.
Give this man a medal.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord

1)this roy is bad
4)anime sux

:laugh: Holy genius.

strider43

Smash Journeyman

1)this roy is bad
4)anime sux

I remember seeing you play, you're not top tier yourself my friend. If you're the best in Texas then well, not much to say about Texas.

This thread is only long because there are people who think she is good because she is a girl, and the stuck ups who think she sucks even though she is a girl and shouldn't get sympathy. It's just going back and forth.

You guys are stupid, and elfin, just watch how neo plays and be more like him, and to get really good go to some minor touneys and play around. If you don't give a dam just stay the way you are.

Now all we have to do is wait for a mod to come in and say

mod said:
Good Roy *closes thread*

..... *waits*

Dyna

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
DASH#330
NNID
DynaDASH
3DS FC
4442-0361-1464
"good job for a girl"
¡Blargh, we're not handicapped!

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Hey guys I'm trying to find a tourny in NYC. Can you help me out guys? I keep looking but for some reason I can't find them.

Oh and I'm a n00b.

SideEffect001

Smash Lord
whoa thats a good roy oh my jesus... NO. IT SUCKS. GET MORE PRACTICE AND COME BACK. i dont wanna see the starting stages of ur roy. u wont learn anything here that u havent already seen in a guide. go prac and learn **** and come back with something that wont waste our time.

GAMERCUS

Smash Cadet
wow, that luigi was CR@P! (rofl, side B in your face). Roy played more on the offense than defense (who would play on defense against THAT luigi!). Although Masashi plays an aggressive roy!

vull45

Smash Apprentice
this is probably you and you just said it was your girlfriend so incase ppl thought it was bad you were free from spaming lol am i right

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
hey, someone, i would really appreciate it if somebody could tell me what time, and the physical address please of the tounament this weekend. i heard it was for tomorrow. this is for atlanta south people, just to narrow it down for you. i know its in pemproke pines florida, but where?

Top Bottom