• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Meta Knight?

Shears

Smash Master
good job on the MK combos. you know how to play an MK by the book, but i cant rate your ability to change up your tricks and play smart and deceptive because that ike absolutely sucked, like one of the worst ikes ive ever seen. im not tearing you down because your timing and combos were great and technical. but that doesnt win the big matches, its being smart and tricking your opponents. maybe you are a smart and tricky player, but against that ike it was just by the book. so judging you on your ability to use MK, awesome job, judging you on your ability to play good smash, idk.

mrk

Smash Cadet
Crappy computer Ike. It was L9, but that doesn't mean much. I'll try to find some people to play against that are good enough so that I might be judged accordingly. Just need to keep the match under 3 minutes. I predict more than a few gimp-kills.

Oh, and thanks :). If I'm not doing badly in that video, I'm not doing badly, even if the computer sucks--most matches against humans go the same way.

Shears

Smash Master
yah well youve got a good MK. understand his moves, his range, his speed. very technical and plays by the book. but just so you know its techincal and smart playing that wins. its knowing how to use the moves and what to do when they stop working. you cant just have a series of buttons to press, youve got to be able to think quickly and change your game. youve got the first part of being a good smasher down for sure. the second part will only come with time, practice and playing against some good players.

mrk

Smash Cadet
Thanks once again. I just need to find some competition... I'm in the Houston area, so it shouldn't be all that hard to find some people :).

Quez256

Smash Journeyman
good job on the MK combos. you know how to play an MK by the book, but i cant rate your ability to change up your tricks and play smart and deceptive because that ike absolutely sucked, like one of the worst ikes ive ever seen. im not tearing you down because your timing and combos were great and technical. but that doesnt win the big matches, its being smart and tricking your opponents. maybe you are a smart and tricky player, but against that ike it was just by the book. so judging you on your ability to use MK, awesome job, judging you on your ability to play good smash, idk.
Darn it Shears, you beat me to a reply again >.>
Anyway, he covered most of it, just like he said, you've got to be prepared to mix it up a bit when you're going against humans. In other words, improvise often

ellelaby's younger brother

Smash Apprentice
Yes, very nice vid. I think you'll turn out to be a great MK player in the future. Attacks were well on time, combos went well and your opponent could not get many hits on you. Good job.

mrk

Smash Cadet
Oh, and another thing: I'm playing with the Wiimote and Nunchuk configuration. I've got d-pad down mapped to jump, c to grab, and z to shield. I've also got tap jump off. Are there any merits to the GameCube controller, save being able to c-stick out of Meta's jab?

Thanks again.

Meta Ryu

Smash Apprentice
Out admist the icy plains of north america
decent, high c rank, low B rank quality match there (though the ike could have been better).
I saw one good Up-B as a finisher for the second life, and several good returns for side B from off the stage, but no Down Bs.

My suggestion to you is try experimenting with mind games with his down B (and try not to always use the attack version it's alot slower) and also try to sneak off some more up Bs in odd places to surprise them. Nothing like smacking em up with a good up B!

Iron

Smash Journeyman
I'm can't review a video where the opponent didn't even fight back. If you want some ACTUAL critiquing you have to show a match where the opponent presents a challenge. Otherwise it's just masturbation.

I understand that you don't have any physical players to go up against, but I really can't do much with this.

zamora

Smash Cadet
play an ike player...and get back with us :p

theres not much mindgames u can do with the computer, with alot of heavy characters you can connect at least 2 F-air all the time since they air dodge after every nockback

Quez256

Smash Journeyman
theres not much mindgames u can do with the computer, with alot of heavy characters you can connect at least 2 F-air all the time since they air dodge after every nockback
This is true, computers get too predictable to be much of a challenge; and forming strategies against CPU's can decimate your competitive edge when fighting people.

Edit: PM me if you want a bit of practice ^_^
That was at the Op btw. ↑

mrk

Smash Cadet
2/10 for effort
you could have at least picked a tougher cpu matchup
play real ppl
Thanks for your contribution. When people aren't around, I play L9s set to random. Glad that I could be the recipient of your delightful wisdom, though.

Please, be sure to give me more wonderful suggestions in the future.

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
Posting a match against a cpu is a waste of space, ur combos are good but until its against real ppl its not worth noting

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
ok feeling bad and wanting to add some constructive criticism, @1:00 you attack and miss alot, throughout the match when doing SL to get back on the stage you didn't cancel your glide you should always cancel it before landing to eliminate lag, it looks like you have a good ariel game, but ike was a poor choice to try and show it. still 2/10 beating a lvl 9 is requirement form 1/10 don't worry about it, just post more vids

Top Bottom