• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my team please. I am needing HUGE HELP

Dark_Bomb

Smash Rookie
Okay, I designed this team to be a sweeper with one special move that works my whole team to its best possible usage. You'll see.

EDIT - For some reason I can't get the sprites to match. If you know the proper code please tell me. I don't like that screw up down there.

Slowking @ Leftovers
Own Tempo
Modest
252Spec Atk / 252Spec Def / 6HP
Surf
Psychic
Ice Beam
Trick Room

I lead with this Pokemon as he is one of my three Trick Roomers. Leading with him I ALWAYS begin with Trick Room before unleashing my attacks. Due to his defences he can easily take a hit and get in trick room and an attack before his death.

Rhyperior @ Kings Rock
Solid Rock
Adamant
240Atk / 240Def / 30HP
Rock Slide
Ice Fang
Thunder Fang
Earthquake

Rhyperior may had an odd set as you see. You're probobly all, "Where the heck did this set come from?";well, do to going first, and kings rock, the first three moves will have a boosted flinch rate for easier times. Also, for fun and always needed STAB, EARTHQUAKE! I know it is fairly messy, but, I try to do things with the most creativity possible

Dusknoir @ Ganlon Berry (Up goes Spec Def in Pinch)
Pressure
Bold
252Def / 252Spec Def / 6HP
Night Shade
Pain Split
Destiny Bond
Trick Room

A real pain for the foe. Once I assure myself Trick Room is up, I night shade them to death, only swapping to use pain split. Obviously this is very effect on any non-normal type. Once I'm too weak to survive, destiny bond makes the world go around.

Foretress @ Occa Berry
Sturdy
Adamant
252Atk / 252Def / 6HP
Bug Bite
Light Screen
Explosion
Earthquake

Another strange moveset. This one utilizes light screen and the occa berry to fend off his only weakness and use Bug Bite to eat up foes berries and do good damage or earthquake under the damage calculation alterations. Explosion is like expected, a last resort move. Very effective when trick room is up I find.

Porygon Z @ Shell Bell
Adaptability
Quiet
252Spec Atk / 180 Hp / 78 Def
Tri Attack
Shadow Ball
Psychic
Trick Room

This one is my final trick roomer. If Trick Room is in play I go on the attack. Tri Attack is x2 due to his ability and STABed as well making it a real hell bringer to any Pokemon that faces off with it, Shadow Ball to deal with the ghost types to combat it. Psychic is obviously for the fighting types. Right away he is simply put an all out basher.

Venusaur @ Black Sludge
Overgrow
Modest
200Spec Atk / 155 Def / 155Spec Def
Energy Ball
Leech Seed
Sleep Powder
Sludge Bomb

A HP healer. With a double heal from Black Sludge and Leech Seed comboed with an imobile enemy having their HP sucked turnly and blasted with Venusaurs stronger STABed moves, he is a sweeper who does some side healing.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Um... What...
Slowking @ Leftovers
Own Tempo
Modest
252Spec Atk / 252Spec Def / 6HP
Surf
Psychic
Ice Beam
Trick Room

I lead with this Pokemon as he is one of my three Trick Roomers. Leading with him I ALWAYS begin with Trick Room before unleashing my attacks. Due to his defences he can easily take a hit and get in trick room and an attack before his death.

Damage calcs? Can you live a Metagross or Hippowdon EQ, Tyranitar Crunch (lol), Roserade Leaf Storm, or Jirachi U-Turn?

Rhyperior @ Kings Rock
Solid Rock
Adamant
240Atk / 240Def / 30HP
Rock Slide
Ice Fang
Thunder Fang
Earthquake

Rhyperior may had an odd set as you see. You're probobly all, "Where the heck did this set come from?";well, do to going first, and kings rock, the first three moves will have a boosted flinch rate for easier times. Also, for fun and always needed STAB, EARTHQUAKE! I know it is fairly messy, but, I try to do things with the most creativity possible

QuakeSlide is good. King's Rock is horrible, just plain horrible. Go with Life Orb, or Muscle Band if you don't like the HP drain.
Why the strange EVs? What do they do for you?
Aqua Tail, Megahorn, and Fire Punch all give better coverage that Ice Punch or ThunderPunch. Megahorn can hit bulky Shaymin, Celebi, and Tangrowth. Aqua Tail hits Claydol super-effectively and Bronzong neutrally. Fire Punch hits Levitate Bronzong super-effectively and can OHKO Scizor on the switch-in.

Dusknoir @ Ganlon Berry (Up goes Spec Def in Pinch)
Pressure
Bold
252Def / 252Spec Def / 6HP
Night Shade
Pain Split
Destiny Bond
Trick Room

A real pain for the foe. Once I assure myself Trick Room is up, I night shade them to death, only swapping to use pain split. Obviously this is very effect on any non-normal type. Once I'm too weak to survive, destiny bond makes the world go around.

Make up your mind. Do you want to be a defensive tank or offensive tank? If offensive, throw away that Ganlon Berry, replace Destiny Bond with Earthquake or Fire Punch, and get more Attack EVs. If you want to be a defensive tank, throw away the Ganlon Berry, replace Night Shade with Shadow Punch, replace Destiny Bond with Will-O-Wisp, and transfer your SpDef EVs to Attack.

Foretress @ Occa Berry
Sturdy
Adamant
252Atk / 252Def / 6HP
Bug Bite
Light Screen
Explosion
Earthquake

Another strange moveset. This one utilizes light screen and the occa berry to fend off his only weakness and use Bug Bite to eat up foes berries and do good damage or earthquake under the damage calculation alterations. Explosion is like expected, a last resort move. Very effective when trick room is up I find.

Occa Berry isn't doing anything for you. If you survive Azelf or Salamence's Fire Blast, then what? Explode? You're better off with Gengar or Heatran.
Why would you give Forretress Def EVs? That's like using a Calm 252 SpDef Blissey.
Bug Bite is a terrible move unless your name is Scizor. The only common berry used is Sub Petaya Empoleon. Some people use Babiri Ttar, Shuca Tran or Nape, or Lead Occa Metagross (which usually blows up after laying down Rocks).
Forretress has base 90 Attack. You aren't going to be killing many things with Bug Bite or Earthquake except Exeguttor, Celebi, and Heatran.

Porygon Z @ Shell Bell
Adaptability
Quiet
252Spec Atk / 180 Hp / 78 Def
Tri Attack
Shadow Ball
Psychic
Trick Room

This one is my final trick roomer. If Trick Room is in play I go on the attack. Tri Attack is x2 due to his ability and STABed as well making it a real hell bringer to any Pokemon that faces off with it, Shadow Ball to deal with the ghost types to combat it. Psychic is obviously for the fighting types. Right away he is simply put an all out basher.

Are you a sweeper? If yes, Life Orb. If no, use Leftovers.
Your moveset is lacking. A lot. Tyranitar can either kill you with Earthquake or trap you with Pursuit. Forretress and Skarmory uses you as set-up fodder. Scizor traps and kills you with Pursuit. Heatran switches in and lols and gets a free Fire Blast off. Lucario uses you as set-up fodder, Swords Dances, and probably sweeps your entire team. Blissey is just lol.
HP Fighting and Dark Pulse / Shadow Ball gives perfect ('cept Toxicroak if you use Dark Pulse) coverage. Tri Attack is the obligatory ridiculously strong attack.
For your last attack, you have Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Nasty Plot, Substitute, or Trick Room. Thunderbolt will take out Gyarados, while Ice Beam handles Dragons. Nasty Plot makes you ridiculously powerful. Substitute gives you a free attack and blocks status. Trick Room boosts your speed.

Venusaur @ Black Sludge
Overgrow
Modest
200Spec Atk / 155 Def / 155Spec Def
Energy Ball
Leech Seed
Sleep Powder
Sludge Bomb

A HP healer. With a double heal from Black Sludge and Leech Seed comboed with an imobile enemy having their HP sucked turnly and blasted with Venusaurs stronger STABed moves, he is a sweeper who does some side healing.

lol
1. Why would someone leave their Pokemon in if it's asleep?
2. Go with Leftovers; there are too many Trick uses in the current metagame (Starmie, Rotom-A, Jirachi, etc).
3. You get terrible coverage. The omnipresent Steel-type walls you, and after Sleep Clause, all you can do is Leech Seed. Lucario uses you as set-up fodder. Gengar x4 resists both of your attacks. Tentacruel walls you and is immune to Leech Seed. Earthquake + Power Whip gets decent coverage.
4. Why the weird EVs?

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
Slowking- It should have max HP EVs. If you only have Special Defense EVs, you won't be able to take more than two physical hits. Lose Psychic, because it's a terrible offensive typing. Replace it with Nasty Plot for heavier damage or Grass Knot for better type coverage.

Rhyperior- Why the heavy Defense EVs? Having them in HP is better. Since Trick Room lasts a very short while, you'll probably never see a situation where Rhyperior will ever flinch something. If you want a good Flinching tank, you should use either Togekiss or Rotom-C with Thunder Wave/Discharge, Confuse Ray, and Air Slash. Either use Rhyperior as a massive powerhouse with a Choice Band (no Swords Dance because there is no time), or use another flincher.

Dusknoir- His HP Stat really sucks, so it needs max HP. Destiny Bond sucks. Needs more Will-o-Wisp.

Forretress- Also needs max HP. He gets more Physical durability with 252 HP than 252 Def. Forget Bug Bite, and use Gyro Ball. Light Screen won't really help the team since without Light Clay, the screen will fade quickly. You should use either Spikes or Stealth Rock over it. You won't really save Forretress for later, so when its job is done, it should use Explosion.
@annoying1359- Forretress does need Defense EVs. His Base Defense stat may be fantastic, but his HP is not, so his physical bulk is not good enough without EVs in both HP and Defense. He would be able to take more neutral physical hits repeatedly. Forretress doesn't really have another stat to place EVs, since his Attack isn't devastating, and placing them in Special Defense won't really help, because his HP base stat won't really back it up, unlike Blissey's 255 base HP stat and her base 10 Defense. Blissey does actually need plenty of Special Defense EVs, because Special Attackers are becoming more and more threatening (Calm Mind, Nasty Plot, and Choice Specs). She needs to be able to take it all, and she can, but she needs plenty of Special Defense EVs in order to do it. Since there aren't any phazers with phenomenal Special Defense, nothing much other than Blissey with Special Defense EVs can stop Calm Minders/Nasty Plotters.

PorygonZ- No Psychic. Replace that with Hidden Power Fighting, or use the Thunderbolt/Ice Beam combination. Shell Bell sucks. You should perhaps use Leftovers since you're using a turn to set up Trick Room, and the Life Orb Recoil might mean that you will probably attack only once.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
@annoying1359- Forretress does need Defense EVs. His Base Defense stat may be fantastic, but his HP is not, so his physical bulk is not good enough without EVs in both HP and Defense. He would be able to take more neutral physical hits repeatedly. Forretress doesn't really have another stat to place EVs, since his Attack isn't devastating, and placing them in Special Defense won't really help, because his HP base stat won't really back it up, unlike Blissey's 255 base HP stat and her base 10 Defense. Blissey does actually need plenty of Special Defense EVs, because Special Attackers are becoming more and more threatening (Calm Mind, Nasty Plot, and Choice Specs). She needs to be able to take it all, and she can, but she needs plenty of Special Defense EVs in order to do it. Since there aren't any phazers with phenomenal Special Defense, nothing much other than Blissey with Special Defense EVs can stop Calm Minders/Nasty Plotters.
As a physical wall, sure, Def EVs are nice. I've always thrown 252 in HP and spread the rest in Atk and SpDef, hoping to catch some Rotom-A or Gengar with Payback, and boosting Explosion's explosiveness.

Dark_Bomb

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry :( Please don't laugh at me. I'm new to this. I have much better teams but I was going for something creative there. And surprisingly, I've never lost a battle with that team and I battle a few times a day with people.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
If you want to run a Slow Brother, run Slowbro. He fits in better to today's metagame, though I still woudln't use him as a lead. Any trick room lead is going to get killed big time, you would be better running something else in its place. This is gonna sound crazy, but,

Level 1 Ratata with Endevour, focus sash, quick attack. None of the leads will be able to stop it, not attempt to stealth rock it thus preventing the Stealth rocks that could hinder your team. Either that or choice scarf Smergal, though he wouldn't fit with your team.

Dark_Bomb

Smash Rookie
Yeah I knwo the Ratata. Haha! I've used it before. It's awesomeness is unsurpassable until another Pokemon is placed by it :p. But yeah, that Ratata is good for killing one Pokemon only then it goes down. That is why I try to refrain from using it.

Also, thanks for not being so harsh on me.
I feel I will make you guys my compeditive team. Excuse me while I do so.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
The reason why Ratatat is a lead is because he prevents the other player from setting up. When you don't have to worry about Stealth Rocks, it really frees your team up.
Also, if you get lucky, it can kill two pokemon. Let's assume they are using Slaking and kill one of your pokemon. You now have in Ratatat, they have 2 choices switch to a pokemon and have it die, or lose their Choice Band Slaking. Not only have you killed their lead now, but you have destroyed their sweeper. Should you stumble into anyone using him or a pokemon who is choiced band and using a ghost move, OR using a move like hyper beam. You can also use it to adsorb sleep. So if you see Breloom, you switch into your 1 HP level 1 pokemon and then switch to your wall. Then there is always the option to use it to absorb damage. Say someone switch in Scizor and its not likely they will pursuit, you can switch in Ratatat to abosorb the hit and then switch to a pokemon who has not recieved a hit from switching in, especially since you stopped his Stealth rocks.

Lvl 1 Ratatat can offer as a support option after it has destroyed a lead.

supermarth64

Smash Ace
The reason why Ratatat is a lead is because he prevents the other player from setting up. When you don't have to worry about Stealth Rocks, it really frees your team up.
Also, if you get lucky, it can kill two pokemon. Let's assume they are using Slaking and kill one of your pokemon. You now have in Ratatat, they have 2 choices switch to a pokemon and have it die, or lose their Choice Band Slaking. Not only have you killed their lead now, but you have destroyed their sweeper. Should you stumble into anyone using him or a pokemon who is choiced band and using a ghost move, OR using a move like hyper beam. You can also use it to adsorb sleep. So if you see Breloom, you switch into your 1 HP level 1 pokemon and then switch to your wall. Then there is always the option to use it to absorb damage. Say someone switch in Scizor and its not likely they will pursuit, you can switch in Ratatat to abosorb the hit and then switch to a pokemon who has not recieved a hit from switching in, especially since you stopped his Stealth rocks.

Lvl 1 Ratatat can offer as a support option after it has destroyed a lead.
What. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. The opponent will SR first turn, while you Endeavor them down to 11 HP (minimum at that time). Even Smeargle, which is the weakest physically defensive lead, takes 1-3 damage from Quick Attack, meaning that it and Roserade can still set up against you. Metagross Meteor Mashes you, Azelf and Aero don't mind dying because you personally haven't set up SR while they have, Heatran usually goes boom anyway, you can't beat Swampert because it has Leftovers, Mamoswine has Ice Shard, Dragonite has Extremespeed.

Need me to continue? Rattata is a terrible lead. You can't even switch it back in because SR will be up. Even if you do manage to kill their lead, they send in ANY POKEMON THAT HAS AN ATTACKING MOVE and attack you.

Top Bottom