• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Toon Link!/Give me pointers!

Ørion

Smash Ace
Hi, I'm just starting toon link as a possible new main, so I'm not an expert. It looked like you had your aerials down well, but one thing I noticed was the grabs. Granted, toon link does not have the greatest grab and it can be punished easily, but I saw a time when you were facing him and you both were shielded. If you had just tapped A you probably could have grabbed him. Just my opinion, anyone else agree/disagree with this observation?

Umby

Smash Master
Mix some spaced SH Nairs into your approach IMO. Otherwise I like it. Don't forget about SHDA. That's a valuable asset when you need some space for a moment.

deletedmember

Smash Cadet
I cannot seem to get the SHDA! I just can't push it fast enough. Any tips on how to do that successfully? I tried setting R to jump, but it's sort of difficult to short hop with R. And I can't use Y because I've got that set to grab.

Thank you for watching though!

samizdat

Smash Cadet
more projectiles (especially combinations of bombs with arrows or boomerangs) imo, definitely versus luigi, who is pretty slow laterally. otherwise, i'd say mask your charges and aerial approaches a bit more, sometimes it seemed as though luigi was predicting your approaches and taking the advantage. you have a nice RAR technique, though, just make sure to switch it up (more grabs and, like umby said, more nairs), and it will be even more deadly.

Umby

Smash Master
I cannot seem to get the SHDA! I just can't push it fast enough. Any tips on how to do that successfully? I tried setting R to jump, but it's sort of difficult to short hop with R. And I can't use Y because I've got that set to grab.

Thank you for watching though!
You might have to sacrifice using X for jump and use Y instead, so you have a better slide transition to B. You could also try setting R to Special and see if that works.

Amide

Smash Lord
Well, I would be more aggressive when you're opponent has high percentages. (Death at 185 is really high) For the most part, that was really good.

Umby

Smash Master
EDIT - a tip for SHDA... helps me do it very consistently (in fact if I happen to mess up I press the button too early). The key is getting the first arrow out as quickly as possible, and the way I do it is use the tip of my thumb to barely press the y button, and then the lower left part for the b button. Then quickdrawing afterwards isn't as difficult.
He's currently using X to jump.

TriforceCore

Smash Apprentice
Pretty good Im glad too see that you werent whoring the Dair but with that said, Dair is a move and also a trasportation metod of going straight down but dont abuse. DO however abuse shda and bow canceling i honestly think bow cancelin is going to be an intregal part of Tlinks game in the future as in bow cancel everything aggresive. Pretty good however.

TriforceCore

Smash Apprentice
not really transportation but ive been knocked high over the level and my opponent have come to follow up and I dair for the instant momentum downward is all I mean

Top Bottom