• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my yoshi, please

Hal-Yur-Azn-Pal

Smash Apprentice
Well, i see a lot of rolling. If you want to distance yourself from your opponenet then I reccomend wavedashing. Also go easy on the smash attacks, the lag you experience after using them is whats getting you hit. You need to get in the air a little more too, try not to be too ground based and use those sweet arials that Yoshi has. The basic technical stuff (l-canceling, DJC, RDJC etc.) will give a huge boost to your game. Read Bringers guide i'm sure it will help (I know it helped me). And that is my honest opinion, hope you like it. :)

The Killer Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
Well, I would suggest that you learn the right times when you should use your nair because I saw several missed opportunities to use it and when you did use it, you missed. Also, you should try to shffl and djc. And yeah, read Bringer's guide.;)

Bullfrog

Smash Journeyman
There was also quite a few times you could've killed the Ness, when he was doing his upB. And punish those neutral B's, too. You need to know when you can punish your opponent.

Learn the basic tech skills. You have to to get better.

And please, stop these 3 things: Dashing, downB'ing, and Rolling.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
I think your biggest problem (and most people's, quite frankly) is getting a grasp of spacing. Yoshi is all about spacing. If you are too close, you get grabbed (with rolling and sidestepping being your only defense), too far and you can't hit. At various times the Ness was obviously jumping forward with an aerial, and a wavedash back to smash or tilt would have punished him and set up for a combo or tech-chasing.

Also, too much dash-attacks. try aerial approaches as well, I think as a Yoshi you'll learn to love them :)

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
Thank you for the comments ^_^

I trained a lot the shufle, but I cant do the wavedash well (training and training) so I will follow your comments, for getting better

Thank you you all ^_^

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
Everyone pretty much said what you basically need to do, so i wont repeat but what i will say is also (other than reading bringer's guide, which is a MUST) go to the Yoshi video section and watch & study ALL the vids, or at least Fumi, Bringer, Svampen, Shiri and Seba's Yoshi matches (which all are MIGHTY scrumptious Yoshis indeedy ) if you dont have tym to watch them all! They have helped me soooooooo much and its really good to see how to apply to matches what Bringer has said in his guide. And go watch Shiri's Yoshi Guide aswell which is V.good and will be even better when he finishes it! :oP

Anyways good luck dude, welcome to the team! :yoshi:

Top Bottom