• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Zelda!

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Wow really entertaining Zelda, last kill on the first video was awesome. Well all the kills were really good...

Hmm...I would say you're really good, and maybe the only thing I would change is using Farore's Wind as a surprise attack move. Besides that I don't see any thing bad, I'll admit though I thought you might lose on that first match. You were of to a pretty bumpy start. Until that kick. =D

Overall out of 10, maybe a 7.5/10.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
your zelda isn't bad... bu it's not amazing either... it's just a zelda played by a very compitent smasher in general that knows Zelda's moves and their ups and downs but isn't yet really a comfortable zelda mainer.... at least... that's what I see...

... I hate these "rate me" threads anyway.... bah

Scala

Smash Ace
Maybe work on spacing with your tilts on the ground. I personally really like using her dair, you never use it at all though... Matter of preference I suppose, though I think it could have done you some good in a couple of your situations.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Okie dokie, I enjoyed the matches but as mentioned above, it seemed like you were a bit uncomfortable as you were playing, and so you took your time, which is fine.

Positives: It was nice to see that you were able to sweetspot when it really mattered. When you started getting offensive, you were able to string things together to rack up quick damage. Really good use of the Ftilt, it was nice to see that you used as a primary weapon.

Things to work on: Definitely add a grab game, it will help you to get better and it will add combo possibilities. Work on short-hopping and fastfalling, they are very essential to Zelda. Though you were fighting 2 characters that can negate Din's, you have to use it situationally. Yes, with Ness & Falco you can camp with it but you can't neglect it. I don't think I saw a Dtilt or an Utilt, but they are awesome for Zelda in either killing (Utilt) or to rack up quick damage (both).

I enjoyed the matches and I thought your Zelda was pretty good. Work on these few aspects and your Zelda can only get better.

FirebyrdXX

Smash Cadet
I dunno, I think you have potential to be a good Zelda mainer. You're good at sweetspotting, but practice shorthopping Din's Fire as an approach. Not necessarily against Ness but it's useful in general. Do you C-stick? Because there was a combo in your Falco video where you did something to u-tilt and then I saw you get ready for a great up smash but it was chraging and he interrupted. That's where C-stick should have been used.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
the Biggest problem I saw, in all honestly, is that you didn't know what moves to use where... either you were getting beaten in mindgames something awful or you were just using the wrong moves in a lot of places.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Your Zelda wasnt bad but seemed a bit slow.
It looked as if it was your first time using her imo.
Also at times it seemed like you didnt know what move to use next.
Just keep up the practice and play with whoever fits your style.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
that's about right... you kew HOW each move worked... but you didn't know which moves to use where or how the moves should be used strategically... at least, I think that's what I'm trying to say

Aeyr

Smash Apprentice
More fast falling would help. I was happy to see you use the n-air the way you did in the first vid though. It opens up to an easy smash since the delay is pretty much non-existant when the move doesn't get a chance to finish.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I dunno, I think you have potential to be a good Zelda mainer. You're good at sweetspotting, but practice shorthopping Din's Fire as an approach. Not necessarily against Ness but it's useful in general. Do you C-stick? Because there was a combo in your Falco video where you did something to u-tilt and then I saw you get ready for a great up smash but it was chraging and he interrupted. That's where C-stick should have been used.
I do cstick, but mostly for aerials. Most of my smashes I use A + stick.

And it's not my first time using her. I played her in Melee, and then of course tried her in Brawl, but liked Olimar better.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
If you are an olimar main... then you should have defensive playing down pat... Zelda should come naturally at that point.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Real good Zelda I have nothing negative to say
The only advice is for some match ups be defensive wit Zelda not always agressive
and when your opponent is in the air try to Dins fire juggle them
Btw those were real good forward air kos
Your real good at sweet spotting.

Top Bottom