• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - NASB2 Edition! Day 17: Catscratch Trio

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Australia
Chance: 2%
He was a funny meme man for a few weeks earlier this year, but that's basically all he has going for him, and even then his meme popularity has already mostly died out, as there isn't really a big crowd campaigning to get him in this game. Also, I don't think a guy who was an antagonist for a few episodes of one of the Garfield shows is really that high on the character priority list. At least some of the other unconventional character choices we've gotten are actual main characters, or at least major recurring characters.

Abstain want.

Arnold prediction: 0% - lol, lmao even
Duckula prediction: 4%
Noms: Snap x10, Rudy x10

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Dirk Dinkum: 0%
A meme that only lasted half a month, who's ownership is ambiguous, for a series that's not got a single main side character yet? It's a match made in hell! What else can I even say?

Want: 30%
Yes, it'd only be funny for 3 seconds, but those 3 seconds would be glorious. 10 points for every second.

Arnold prediction: 6%
Not happening, but I know some people will still hold on to hope for protagonist priority.

Duckula prediction: 0%
Guest.

All noms for Fanboy and Chum Chum

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Dirk Dinkum
Chance: 0.57%
Want: 21%

Winner of the prediction is Ze Diglett Ze Diglett with 0.69%! You get 15 Extra Noms!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAY OVER

Rate Arnold and Count Duckula

Predict Lynn Loud Jr. and Patchy the Pirate

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arnold

Chance: 10% - I'll be a little more generous and give him a 10%, but with us now having three reps from his show that aren't Arnold, one of them being his GRANDMOTHER, along with Helga's status up in the air, I don't feel so confident in him anymore. I don't know if the devs just don't like Arnold or if they really wanna stay true to his nature as a pacifist, but if we have this much and no Arnold then I've lost a lot of hope. Then again, he still has a LOT of fan demand! he could very well be being saved for DLC (Nick loves Hey Arnold, I cannot see them turning down a forth character for it). Still, his future prospects for NASB are really starting to tank. He may even show up as a stage cameo, who knows at this point...

Want: 80% - Arnold more than deserves it, though if his show currently has three reps then I'd rather see some other shows get more reps first. And even if he's a pacifist, he still has loads of moveset material, and even DOES fight in a few episodes (and even then this is a goofy fighting game with silly objects getting thrown around, not some kind of serious duel), so he wouldn't feel THAT out of place. Its honestly insane how such an iconic character has become such an underdog.

Count Duckula

Chance: 0.1% - What's his ownership status? I don't believe Nick owns any of the super old stuff. But even if they did, it wouldn't matter much. The devs might not know this guy exists, and I've never seen anyone request him. He feels like what a Sakurai pick might be for a NASB game, but the devs tend to pick based on personal preference and fan demand. They aren't gunning for a Nick Museum, and no way do I see them dedicating a DLC slot to this guy.

Want: 5% - He'd be an interesting historical pick, but that's all I have to say for this guy. He'd make for an interesting moveset, a "vampire that didn't quite go according to plan", but I'm in no rush for them to add him.

Nominations:
Usagi Yojimbo x10

Predictions:
Lynn Jr. - 6.75% - There were no new Louds on the leaked key art despite the Loch Loud stage addition, and with her brother's status up in the air, I don't see a lot of people putting points on her.

Patchy the Pirate - 2.17% - Live Action rep + Krabs' deconfirmation and Sandy being up in the air. If they're not doing too well I don't expect Patchy to either.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
A true vampire would make for an interesting moveset,
Duckula isn't a "true vampire", the whole joke of the show is that he's a vegetarian and likes ketchup instead of blood. He's also by Cosgrove Hall and not Terrytoons.

Sorry for getting a little nitpicky over that, Duckula is one of the most iconic cartoon characters of all time here in the UK, so it's a little bizarre to see a misconception like that, heh.

Last edited:
Duckula isn't a "true vampire", the whole joke of the show is that he's a vegetarian and likes ketchup instead of blood. He's also by Cosgrove Hall and not Terrytoons.

Sorry for getting a little nitpicky over that, Duckula is one of the most iconic cartoon characters of all time here in the UK, so it's a little bizarre to see a misconception like that, heh.
Thanks for making the statement for me. But since Duckula has remained iconic in his home country, that does give him a Terry-like benefit. Terry Bogard, of course.

As for my rankings...

Arnold of the Ducks
Chances:
Arnold: 5%
Count Duckula 4%

Despite all that has happened towards Hillwood City and its inhabitants, I still think Arnold's slightly likelier than Duckula. But yeah, I'm not holding out hope for either of them, which hurts Short Man in the long run. If Lincoln comes back, I see no problem in bringing Arnold himself in the fray.

Wants: 75% (Both)

Forgive me for venting, but WHY WOULD THE TITLE CHARACTER OF HEY ARNOLD HAVE TO BE THE FOURTH CHARACTER IF HE'S LUCKY?!?!?

I'm sorry about that. Seriously, though, I want both of these two in, but for different reasons. I want Arnold in because, like I said, he's the title character of his own series, but he's not even in the game. I never saw the appeal of getting Waluigi in Smash Ultimate with a stacked Mario lineup as it is, but I'm gunning for Arnold in this game or the next. #ArnoldForNASB2

Conversely, getting Count Duckula would be great for a historical standpoint, his ties to Nick are on par with Doug, Skipper, and Pelswick, and he'd probably be cheap to license. Don't quote me on that third one, though.

Predictions:
Lynn Loud Jr.: 10% - If stage theory still holds some water, I can see Lynn as one of the likelier sisters to get in. Her affinity for sports can carry her a long way in the battlefield. But it's also likely that the new stage is all we're getting added from the series for the base game right now. Still, maybe she's a DLC fighter.

Patchy the Pirate: 7% - Yes, he's a Live Action character, and might have a bad shot. But he's a Spongebob character and he's played by Tom Kenny himself. I think he's the most likely LA fighter to choose from, short of Henry Danger.

Nominations:
Eric Cartman x5
Daria x5

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion

Don't worry! If anything, I appreciate the information and learning more, about him, so thank you!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I can't believe they opened a children's cartoon with a satanic ritual: 1.23%
Count Duckula is an interesting character to discuss - he, like Danger Mouse, is an icon in the UK, almost on the same level as British characters who Americans would be more familiar with such as Wallace & Gromit or Peppa Pig, beginning as a blood-sucking, fame-seeking villain in Danger Mouse's show and then being quite literally resurrected as a vegetarian anti-hero with a teleporting castle. He also has a peculiar spot in Nickelodeon history, as the first cartoon Nickelodeon specifically commissioned rather than just syndicated, following the success of Danger Mouse on Nick in the Silver Ball years. In terms of guests, this gives him a peculiar place in NASB - being, by technicality, the first Nicktoon! I do think if he does get in, it'll probably be alongside Danger Mouse given how intertwined those shows are (Duckula still appears in the recent DM reboot) and DM's slight popularity edge. That being said, the NASB devs have made it pretty clear they don't care too much for being a comprehensive Nick history guide, so that shoots in the face of almost everything Duckula has going for him

I've grown a bit more iffy on guests as a whole with time - while I doubt Duckula would be as much as a Timmy-level price investment, let alone a Goku or a Doug, there are those floodgate concerns and such - that being said, this character is a fun part of British culture I'd love to share with others, and I think a history pick in NASB would be incredible, but even then - with the Silver Ball and Pinwheel puppets around, they don't really have to dig into guests to do that.

Why the long face?: 8%
Arnold is a Nicktoon icon. Even if you got into Nick after his show was cancelled, that football shape is instantly associatable with Nickelodeon. Arnold is also a pacifist. A pubescent, thin-bodied Buddha who wants to help everyone, and is regretful when things can't work out that way - I'll briefly get into my personal thoughts on this in the Want section - but it's clear from him being sidelined 3 times that Ludosity may not want to budge on this trait regardless of fan demand, or maybe even just don't see the moveset there that so many others do. That being said, he does get extra points for being well, a Nicktoon icon.

Want: 0%
Like... what's the point?? His show is represented, and the only reason anyone gives for wanting him in is iconic factor rather than his potential moveset or fun make-believe situations. I don't think it'd be breaking the character to have him fight in this silly non-canon sports game or anything, at least not any more than giving Garfield movement tech or allowing Michelangelo to team up with Shredder against Leonardo, but I can't really see much reasoning for or against him, which is probably worse than just being a decent idea with a lot of downsides.

One third for Silver Ball, one third for Ed Bighead, one third for Fanboy and Chum Chum.

Patchy - 0%
Lynn Jr. - 6%

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
The Count of Cosgrove Hall

Chances: 0% despite the series being co produced nick he's not happening. obviously he's not actually owned by nick who i don't think were involved in his most recent appearance in the danger mouse reboot. anyway there's a lot of competition for the roster and plenty of fan favourites that's have higher priority. so unless the devs have a secret love for him and spare money for the license it's not happening. still no harm in talking about impossible characters.

Want: 80% it's hard to say no to a vegetarian vampire duck voiced by the legend that is david jason. this fame seeker is exactly the sort of thing we should have in this kind of game. if nothing else he's and argument for there being a platform fighter for british cartoons, where duckula, danger mouse, super ted and wallace and gromit have to slum it with peppa pig. i'd play it.

Hey, it's the main character of the show

Chances: 5% the argument that he is a pacificist holds some water i think. see with the devs going with the multiverse for the story mode suggest to me they want it to at least conceivably fit into the respective canons. so you can't really have him joining the fight. beyond that the fact is by all account they devs aren't really considering him as a fighter. hence really low chances.

Want: 75% i don't have a much nostalgia for it as i do others but i'm not against him being in. after all it's hard not to think of him as a nick all star. he kinda of deserves a spot if you ask me ill fitting or not. personally i think platform fighter crossovers are the perfect place for characters ill suited to fight. practically one with a humorous tone.

right then noms too... erm... i got nothing.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Arnold - 2%
For this game? I really don't see it. They already skipped over him once. His best friend and Grand Mother are confirmed to be in and we've yet to find outiof Helga is returning. If she does that means his game has three Hey Arnold characters and none of them are the titular protagonist. I really just think they don't have interest in putting him in at this point. I do think one or two of our DLC characters could be from series already in the game, but I don't see us getting a fourth Arnold character. The team clearly aren't interested in just filling a "protagonist first" quota but rather in adding who they find interesting, which is hardly a bad thing. Maybe for NASB 3.

Want - 35%
I like Hey Arnold. Arnold is a cool character. But I really don't think it needs to take up so much of the roster. I'm just not interested in another Hey Arnold character right now and I think we already have a couple of characters who do the kind of things that Arnold would do. I was actually happy with them choosing Helga for the first game and while I'm a little more unusre on Gerald, I'm sure they''ll give him a moveset I dig and make me understand the decision. It'd be cool but not something I'm super interested in.

Chance - 0%
Count Duckula is a British show created by Cosgrove Hall. Duckula is technically the first Nicktoon. After the huge success that was imported Danger Mouse cartoons, Nickelodeon and Cosgrove Hall teamed up for a co production, based on a semi recurring villain from Danger Mouse (and voiced by the same actor). The series was popular enough to run for four series and get its own spin off, Victor & Hugo, which never aired outside of the UK. So while he does have important history with the channel, Nick really weren't actually involved in his show other than commissioning and airing it. I'm not sure how well remembered it is outside of the UK now. Duckula still shows up in the modern Danger Mouse reboot but that's about it. He's simply not a Nick character and I don't think the team would feel the need to go for a historical pull like this, that's a very Smash Brothers way of thinking and I don't think they view their roster making decisions like that, and even if they did I think Danger Mouse would be more likely.

Want - 30%
UK'er here. Don't actually have a lot of experience with this one though. I'd prefer Danger Mouse but I have to admit a vegetarian vampire is a pretty fun idea for a fighting game character.

Patchy - 1%

Noms to Gordon, Waffle and Mr. Blik

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
who they find interesting
Eh, Arnold was just as interesting if not moreso than Gerald was.

People dunk on Clyde but put this guy on a pedestal. (Don't get me wrong though, I still really like Gerald, even if I have some issues with the Hey Arnold decisions this game.)

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I Thought We Were Rating Darkwing Duck For A Second
Chance: 0%

So from what I understand, we're looking at a commissioned cartoon from the 80's which is apparently really well-known in the UK and nowhere else. Yeah, I dunno about this one, boss. Even if he is technically the first Nicktoon, he has no contemporary bearing on Nickelodeon's brand and the devs aren't going for a "celebration of history" angle anyway (thank GOD). I've never even heard anyone discuss him for this game until now, and when we're still knee-deep in "obvious" picks, taking a gamble on a relic like this would be a risky move. He could show up in a later game as an eventual guest character, but I'd honestly expect that floodgate to be opened by someone like Po or Skipper first.

Want: Abstain

I didn't even know who this character was before today. I'm not a huge fan of characters with region-focused popularity and am of the mind that characters with broader appeal are generally better, but if this guy showed up, I wouldn't be, like... upset? I'd just sorta scratch my head and move on.

MOVE IT, FOOTBALL HEAD!

Alright, at this point, there's a reason this guy's not in the game. With Helga's inclusion and the first game and Gerald and Gertie's additions in this one, Arnold's now been skipped over THREE TIMES. If that's not indication that the devs aren't interested, I dunno what is. Maybe they think he wouldn't make a good fighter, maybe they're going for some sort of running gag of Arnold not making it or something. I doubt the whole pacifist thing is a hard and fast rule against his inclusion, but unless people make a LOT of noise for him, this probably isn't his game. Seems Arnold's already been given the "maybe next time" treatment once again. Kinda pitiful, really.

Want: 50%

I've never seen Hey Arnold and I'm not much of a stickler for completion as far as rosters go, but it really does feel like Arnold should be here at some point. Part of me hopes they commit to the bit long enough to hype up his eventual inclusion to "never ever" levels, but if he gets in before that point, I won't cry about it.

Lynn Jr. Prediction: 7%
I put The Loud House in my search history to find out that this is the sports one.

Patchy Prediction: 3%
A live-action character from SpongeBob? Survey says: uh-oh!

Noms to Concept: DreamWorks character

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Funny Football Man
I know it may seem extreme to give a flat zero to the main protagonist of one of Nickelodeon's biggest shows, but I am convinced that the current dev team has no desire to ever make Arnold playable. Sure, picking Helga over him is one thing, but Gerald and Gertie, too? I don't know if the devs subscribe to the whole "he's a pacifist!" thing, but they definitely have some reason for continuously not including him.

Abstain want, and abstain from the Duck because I don't even know who he is.

Lynn prediction: 5%
Patchy prediction: 4%
Daily noms go to Skulker

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Count Duckula
Chance: 0.88%
Want: 44%

Winner of the prediction is Ze Diglett Ze Diglett with 1%! You get 25 Extra Noms!

Arnold
Chance: 4.42%
Want: 63%
Previous chance score was 22.25%. People were skeptical about Arnold even since last game, but now...

"LOOOONEY GRANDMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!"

Harold.jpg

Yeah, Ludocity, there's some things more valuable than shock value...

Winner of the prediction is DrifloonEmpire DrifloonEmpire with 4.18%! I get 30 Extra Noms!

DAY OVER

Rate Lynn Loud Jr. and Patchy the Pirate

Predict Concept: Dreamworks Rep

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lynn Loud Jr.

Chance: 20% - We don't even know if Lincoln is coming back, and The Loud House itself doesn't have much demand when it comes to characters. Alongside that, not only does she face some serious competition from fan-backed Luna and Luan, along with corporate-backed Clyde. She also wasn't featured on the leaked key art despite there being a new Loud House stage. This is before even getting into the fact that she's one of the most divisive and disliked characters on the show. She's often portrayed as abusive, and is the catalyst and major driving force of some of the show's worst and most widely-hated episodes. So even if the fandom were to come together and push for a character it certainly wouldn't be her. However, she is still from one of Nick's ongoing cash cows, and she's appeared alongside her brother in sporty Nick crossovers before, so she's still more likely than a lot of her sisters. But there's a lot stacked against the show in general right now.

Want: 40% - Lynn's okay I guess, she'd make for a fun moveset and naturally translates to a fighting game, but I have some issues with how she's characterized in her show and there's other characters on the show I like more. Plus, Lincoln's status is still up in the air, and I wouldn't want him to get passed over for girl bias. She's also a very beautifully done stage cmeo on the main Loud House stage, and it was by far one of the best stages in NASB (who CARES of its a walk-off?!), and her being on the roster would possibly deconfirm that stage. Either way, a decent choice but there's better ones they could make.

Patchy the Pirate

Chance: 1% - Patchy's live action, which already puts him in a worse position than most characters. However, he's also played by Tom Kenny, who via VA is already onboard with the game. Plus, he's well-liked, so I don't expect a scandal from him anytime soon. Still, not only is he expensive, but he's got competition with Sandy (if she gets cut) and Krabs (who's a stage cameo, but it was said that cameos aren't a hard deconfirm) for another Spongebob slot. Thus, his spot in line is soon but hasn't come up yet. Patchy's a beloved character who always brought excitement during our childhoods, so if they can work out any love action issues I can see him getting a shot! There's also an animated Patchy they have, but nobody likes that design.

Want: 30% - I love Patchy, I think he's a great and extremely memorable character! His episodes were always worth looking forward to as a kid! But I wanna see Sandy return and Krabs get in first to round out the in-demand big players of Spongebob. But after that? Hell yeah, bring him in!He's been in some seriously crazy antics that I think he'd make for a very novel character! and who WOULDN'T want The Seven Trials of Monkey Lagoon as his stage?!

Nominations:
Usagi Yojimbo x20
Skulker x20

Predictions:
Dreamworks Rep
- 0.75% - Not expecting confident scores, since Nick doesn't own the Dreamworks IPs, and the two parties have distanced themselves somewhat since they don't have those deals anymore.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Uh oh! We have a gamer moment!
That wasn't a "Gamer Moment", notice how I never complained about decisions like Helga over Arnold, and how I HAVE been complaining about the prospect of Sandy potentially being cut. I was complaining about the Loud House fanbase, But I have noticed that being a cute girl gives one a popularity boost, and thus a lot of people are biased towards Lincoln's sisters rather than Lincoln himself. Its indirectly caused a lot of drama in the past.

What I'm saying is is that I wouldn't want Lincoln to get cut and passed over just because he isn't as "cute or marketable" as his sisters, or because of gender balance or whatever. He deserves better than that.

If Lynn were to get in, I want to see her ALONGSIDE Lincoln, not instead of him.

Whelp, looks like I'm the laughing stock of the thread now...

In other news El Tigre's stage has Sartana on it, which probably deconfirms her (not a big shocker, but just something I wanted to bring up since we rated her recently). Either way, thank God we don't have to spoiler him anymore!

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Patchy

Chance - 0.5%
Patchy is one of the few live action characters I'd be willing to give more than a flat zero to, but it's not my much. Patchy is from Spongebob, a show already represented in the roster, and is played by Tom Kenny, who already has a presence in the game due to his role as the aforementioned jolly yellow sea sponge. Both of these things do give him a heads up over other potential live action reps. He's a pretty big recurring character in the show too. However, I think his chances for this game are pretty bad. We currently have four spongebob characters, the returning Spongebob and Patrick and the newcomers Squidward and Plankton. If Sandy returns that makes five, that's a lot of Spongebob characters. Even if we where to get another it would have to be as DLC since we (presumably) know all the base game newcomers. If Spongebob was to get a DLC character it would most likely be Mr. Krabs, as he's the popular fandom request, but I think we're done with Spongebob for now. I also wonder if they may freel he has a lack of moveset potential due to mostly sitting down all the time, but we know they're not afraid to get creative.

Want - 20%
Patchy is a really funny character but I don't need any more Spongebob characters for now. If we did get any I'd rather it be Mr. Krabs or maybe Larry. I could definitely see them having a funny moveset for him. I wouldn't be actually mad. Maybe for NASB3.

Lynn
Chance - 4%

In general I think if we where to somehow get more base game newcomers other than the leaked ones, I think someone from the Loud House would be a likely pick due to us having seen a new stage from the series. But truth be told I don't think that's very likely. The series is kind of in a weird spot right now anyway, we've yet to see if the actual main character of the series is returning yet. If stage theory is a thing then I think the castle stage is probably for Lincon. As DLC? Maybe? I personally think our dlc picks will mean towards new series, but it's not impossible.

As for Lynn herself. Looking it up I see that she's the sporty one. I guess that makes sense for a fighting game character. I know very little of this series but before the leaks I would have said Luna was probably the most likely but Ember kind of had a similar gimmick so I don't see that anymore. I guess there could be some clash with Gerald but they seem pretty different. I really don't know or care enough to judge her specific chances but I think a Loud sister as dlc is possible

Want - Abstain

Dreamworks 0.8%
Guest Character. I think GameMill working with DreamWorks on the kart racer might make some people shoot up the scores, but not by much.

Noms to Catscratch and Rocket Power

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Abstain on Lynn Loud. I don't have much to say on anything The Loud House, and I probably never will.

This rating comes to us from [NAME AND ADDRESS WITHHELD]!
Chance: 1%

Patchy mainly suffers from competition from much more obvious SpongeBob picks like Mr. Krabs and Sandy (assuming she's not returning). He's also a live-action character, though not only is Tom Kenny already on board as the big sponge himself, but Patchy does have a few animated appearances they could draw from in adapting him to NASB. (I mean, a CG model that's just Tom Kenny in a pirate outfit would look kind of uncanny, I think.) As such, I wouldn't call him as unrealistic as other LA characters, but he's still pretty unlikely due to a lack of demand and being crowded out by more popular and sensical picks.

Want: 90%

How can I not love Patchy? The dude's hilarious, and he was the host of some of my favorite segments and episodes as a kid. I don't think he should get in before Krabs, but he'd probably be an easy main either way. Bonus points if his Up Special is him getting blasted out of a cannon like at the beginning of Shanghaied. (And like I said the first time, he'd be great as an announcer, too.)

DreamWorks Prediction: Fat 0
Guest characters are still pretty unlikely at this stage, and the fact of the matter is Nickelodeon and DreamWorks are direct competitors now. We're a long way from 2010.

Noms to Snap

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Sports!
Chance: 5%
At this point, it seems extrememly unlikely that we're gonna get any Loud House newcomers in the base game, heck, we don't even know if Lincoln is back or not. DLC, though? Yeah, probably not. I feel like DLC will lean more towards new franchises and highly requested characters, and unfortunately Lynn isn't in either of those categories.
Want: Abstain

GameMill Betrayed Us!
Everyone above saying that Patchy is a live action character are technically wrong as he has appeared in animated form a couple times.
Dapirate.jpg
1183039APkiOnr3.png
But seriously, though, I don't see him happening any time soon. Mainly since we just got 2 SpongeBob newcomers, and I don't see a third happening so quickly, especially one that isn't really requested at all. Also I'm not even sure what his moveset would be.

Want: 10%
Yeah, he's funny and all, but at this point I don't really care about any potential SpongeBob additions unless they're Mr. Krabs. Sorry.

DreamWorks prediction: 1% - Maybe we'll get DreamWorks All-Star Brawl someday

Noms: Rudy x However many noms Snap got today

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Everyone above saying that Patchy is a live action character are technically wrong as he has appeared in animated form a couple times.
I considered adding the qualifier that he's originally a live-action character, but it felt like a pointless distinction to make. Just because he appeared in animated form a couple times doesn't mean he's not live-action - Henry Danger, anyone?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Oh, who lives in a pirate ship on top of the sea?

Chances: 0% I Don't see them doing it. it would not surprise me if one day the roster was fifty present spongebob characters but until that seems more likely i don't think we're getting him. i think a lot of other characters within his own series have better chances. still he's got better chances than the cyclops and that tumble weed with keanu reeves in it. any way point is i think he's too far down in the pecking order.

Want: 0% enough with all the spongebob already. ok i'm fine with like the main cast being in the game but do we really need the side characters as well? i imagine nick would say yes but i must decline.

abstain on the loud sister

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Lynn Loud Jr.
Chance: 9.66%
Want: 40% (Only got one Want rating)

Winner of the prediction is M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye with 10%! You get 40 Extra Noms!

Patchy the Pirate
Chance: 0.9%

Previous chance score was 8%. That's certainly a nosedive in chance, though now that we've discussed the issues impacting Live Action characters its likely made people less confident. Plus we got two Spongebob newcomers this game already, and with Krabs still in demand and Sandy up in the air, there's likely no room for Patchy this time.

Winner of the prediction is darkvortex darkvortex with 1%! You get 20 Extra Noms!

DAY OVER

Rate Concept: Dreamworks Rep

Predict The Silver Ball

Dreamworks Representative

Chance: 2% - This is a tough one. I know some people see this as more of a possibility now due to the Dreamworks Kart Racing game that GameMill is developing, showing that it currently has the licenses for both Nick and Dreamworks. There's still a roadblock, though, in that Nick and Comcast need to collaborate in order to put both licenses in the same game, which it its own can of worms. I wouldn't call the two direct competitors, but it isn't like Disney and Nintendo. Dreamworks characters used to be in Nick crossovers all the time in the late 2000's and early 2010's, but now they've distanced themselves from each other, and even with the increased budget I don't think fan demand will be enough to surmount the costs of collaboration. Still, it'd be worth it for both parties! These characters are still in demand, and would make for easy heavy-hitter DLC choices!

Want: 100% - Dreamworks has had three Nick shows and is a major part of Nick's history for a lot of people. They have a fantastic array of characters, many of which fit in with the Nick characters beautifully. I would NOT be able to pass up the prospects of having Shrek in the game, and if not then someone from Madagascar would be a phenomena choice! If only they could get the rights to King Julian's cover of "I like to Move It" for the stage, that'd be absolutely nuts! What's technically a guest character that still fits in perfectly!

Nominations:
Kappa Mikey x10
Skulker x10

Predictions:
Silver Ball - 0% - Expecting 0's across the board. No way the logo of the least popular era of Nickelodeon is getting a roster slot.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
ALEX DE LION, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN MY CAAAR

Not impossible, but unlikely to say the least. DreamWorks hasn't been part of the Nickelodeon brand in a long time, and the prospect of guest characters in general is slim this early in the series' life. While a handful of voices are clamoring for the likes of Po and Skipper to join the fight, demand for this game is squarely centered on filling obvious holes in terms of character and series composition. Maybe if this game sees support long enough (I'm talking 3+ seasons), I could see them adding a surprise DreamWorks pick to reel in some headlines. Honestly, though, I'd sooner expect a standalone DreamWorks platform fighter with how corporations are jumping on the "Smash clone" craze, and at that point, we can kiss any chance of this happening goodbye.

Want: 90%

This is mainly for the Penguins, though I certainly wouldn't argue over Po or even B.O.B. getting in. (And while I don't think he should be the first DreamWorks character since he has no ties to Nickelodeon, Shrek eventually getting in would be kind of a funny reality to live in.) The DreamWorks-syndicated era of Nick began right when I was starting to grow out of television, so it's a bit nostalgic for me. I'd love to see those days get some sort of representation in the game, if possible.

Silver Ball Prediction: 0.05%
Like... the Silver Ball itself, as a character? We aren't out of ideas already, are we, guys?

Noms to Snap

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Chance - 0%
I don't think the racing game makes this any more likely. Gamemill are simply the publisher for this game. I don't think them working with Dreamworks on a completely separate project effects this at all really. They're only the publisher. Paramount \ Viacom (owners of Nick) and Universal (Owners of Dreamworks) would still have to agree to a deal and I really don't see two such huge mega corps coming together for something as small time as a guest character in the crossover fighting game. That's the type of thing only Smash Bros can make happen. Nick still aren't putting the kind of budget into this thing that could make this happen. Yes, Dreamworks and Nick do have an association together due to shows based on DreamWorks movies like King Fu Panda, Madagascar and Monsters vs. Aliens, but that was some time ago. To be truthful I just don't think this connection is strong enough. (Viacom never actually owned Dreamworks Animation, they actually only owned the live action deparment). Yes. Dreamworks characters where in some of the old flash fighting games, but so where the Rabbids and a Power Ranger. Things have moved on, and I think they'd feel they have enough characters of their own to fill the roster.

As for who it'd actually be. Probably Po? Only other choice I could see would be the Penguins. Sorry, B.O.B fans. Doing something like Shrek would be feel like a step too far since he never had a show on the network. There's a new Kung Fu Panda in development and Po is pretty easy to translate to a fighting game. I don't think it's happening at all though. if anything I feel it's more likely we get a dedicated Dreamworks fighting game at some point.

Want - 30%
It'd be pretty cool. I think Po or the Penguins would make for a really fun fighting game character. The only one of these shows I have any attachment to is the Penguins. I love the Kung Fu Panda trilogy but I never saw the show and I wasn't even aware there was a Monsters vs. Aliens show. I don't need this but I wouldn't say no to it.

Silver Ball - 0.1%: This depends on if this is for "Silver Ball era representation " or "the actual Silver Ball as a payable character." Still don't see it either way .

Noms to Catscratch and Rocket Power

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
When you fish upon the moon

Chances: 0% i don't really seem them going for it. main thing being that i imagine the license for these characters would be quite high. and while it's possible nick themselves may have lightned up a bit since last time i still don't see them covering the cost for gamemill. and by all accounts there is a larger focus on fan favourites and villains this time around. and while i believe there is a little bit of demand other nick characters have way more.

Want: 0% i have mixed feelings towards dreamworks. on the one hand megamind and kung fu panda 2, on the other boss baby and shrek 3. now while i am still able to get plenty of enjoyment from this game despite there being a lot of characters i'm not attached to i still don't like the idea of them being in this. better to leave dreamworks to have it's own platform fighter. sort of like i hope if they ever made a disney one they'd live the fox, marvel and lucasfilm characters to their own games.

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
The Penguins of Kung Fu vs. Aliens

Yeah, GameMill may be publishing a DreamWorks game now, but I don't really think this is any more likely than it was before. Nick and DreamWorks still aren't working together, and I don't think that will change any time soon, especially just to put a guest character in some funny fighting game. Honestly, I feel like the more likely outcome is DreamWorks getting their own crossover platform fighter some time in the future.

Want: 10%

Skipper and Po are cool and all, but I'd rather have Nickelodeon characters being added to this Nickelodeon game. I'll definitely play as them in DreamWorks All-Star Brawl, though.

Literally Just A Ball prediction: 0% - At least we're not rating the Nick Jr. logo
Noms: Rudy x However many noms Snap got today

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Concept: Dreamworks Representation
Want: 46%
Previous chance score was 4.11%. Confidence in them definitely went down, especially after we've seen the newcomer lineup alongside the continually-growing span of time since Nick and Dreamworks stopped collaborating.

Winner of the prediction is DaUsername DaUsername with 1%! You get 100 Extra Noms!

DAY OVER

Rate The Silver Ball

Predict Rudy Tabootie and Snap

The Silver Ball

Chance: 0% - No moveset potential, no fan demand, not really remembered by most Nick fans, and a symbol of the network's initial slump. Not something I can see taking top billing as a roster spot.

Want: 0% - We're already tight on roster spots as it is, seeing all of these great characters get passed over for a literal silver ball with no moveset potential?! No way! I have a lot of respect for the historical angle, and it'd be cool to see it represented in another way, such as a stage or a sports ball (and there's plenty of better character options if you wanna represent that era, such as the recently-discussed Count Duckula). But making it a full-on character would just be a bad idea all around.

Nominations:
Skulker x10

Predictions:
Rudy - 71.63%
Snap - 78.62%
While Snap slightly edges out, both characters are close Top 25 picks that represent a new franchise. They also fall right into the nostalgia range for a big portion of the game's audience, so I can easily see confident scores for them.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Silver Ball prediction: 0%
It is a logo that has no face from the channel's "dark ages", and predates most fans of the game. Nobody knows nor wants it, and you would have to stretch ludicrously far to even consider making a moveset.

Silver Ball want: 100%
It is a logo that has no face from the channel's "dark ages", and predates most fans of the game. Nobody knows nor wants it, and you would have to stretch ludicrously far to even consider making a moveset.

Rudy prediction: 60%
Snap prediction: 82%

All noms for Ed Bighead

can i quickly ask what show this is from, so i can google it?
The Silver Ball was Nickelodeon's logo from the 80s

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Silver Ball prediction: 0%

Silver Ball want: 100%

Rudy prediction: 60%
Snap prediction: 82%

All noms for Ed Bighead

The Silver Ball was Nickelodeon's logo from the 80s
cheers

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
An actual sphere

Like... no?? I dunno what to say, the Silver Ball of all things just ain't happening. It's not a character, it has no moves, and it's from a period of the network's history most aren't even aware of. At best, I could see this thing maybe show up as a stage or an item or something if the devs wanna get real weird, but I don't even think this is the game for that.

I have my limits for how weird I'm willing to get. While I do appreciate "retro" picks in games like Smash that harken back to the awkward years of a company's history, a literal logo doesn't inspire much confidence.

Rudy Prediction: 58%
Snap Prediction: 76%
While Rudy and Snap have both placed respectably well on fan polls, it's clear that Snap is the one people actually want.

Noms to Mr. Horse

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Ballz 3D

Chance - 0%

if we're talking about representation from the actual era that this icon comes from, then this might shoot up a bit, but not by much. It's an era where almost all of the shows are live action or not owned by Nick. I don't think the dev team team have much interest in doing Smash Brothers style "historical picks" like that .

Now if we're rating the actual ball as a playable character then yeah. No. We know the team like their wacky and weird picks but this is too much even for them. At least Grandma Gertie is actually from a show. This is just a silver ball from a a long gone era of the network. I'm totally fine with making up moves and getting creative, I really like mr two full episodes himself Powdered Toast Man and I even really liked Piranha Plant, but you've gotta draw the line at some point. This is just a bit much. If we did get a logo pick like this I think the orange slime guy is more likely.

Want - 0%
I mean. Listen. I like joke picks, but this just isn't interesting to me. I have no real attachment to this era and only sort of vaguely understand what it is. I had never even heard of this logo or era before we rated it in the last thread. To me this is just a silver ball with no personality.

Snap prediction: 78%
Rudy prediction: 52%

Noms - Vexus

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998

This is not a character. This is just a generic ball that sat in the corner of a TV screen for a couple years way back in the 80s. This is not happening.

I'm not really sure what the whole obsession with wanting a logo to be playable. I've seen requests for this, the Nick Jr. logo, a shapeshifting Nickelodeon splat thing, I even remember someone that was really pushing for the N64 logo to playable in Smash way back in the Smash 4 days, and I just don't get it. Logos are not characters, they're just symbols that we use to identify brands..
However, despite all that, if you really do want a classic Nickelodeon logo "Character", there's a much better option if you go just a few more years back:

Look, an actual person! He could probably fight. He wouldn't be very unique or interesting or anything, but who cares.

Snap prediction: 70%
Rudy prediction: 65%
Putting all my noms on the 1978 Nickelodeon Logo Guy
Nah, just kidding.
Actual noms: Scissors (from Rock, Paper, Scissors) x10

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
The Silver Ball
Want: 20%

Winner of the prediction is both DrifloonEmpire DrifloonEmpire and DaUsername DaUsername with 0%! We both get 15 Extra Noms!

DAY OVER

Rate Rudy Tabootie and Snap

Predict Skulker

Rudy Tabootie and Snap

Chance: 70% (Rudy), 80% (Snap) - As more big requests get added to the game, including big 2000's reps, Chalkzone as a whole has risen considerably in the rankings. Both Rudy and Snap are top 25 characters, who's demand has not wavered, so this has no doubt caught the attention of the developers. As to who gets chosen, it could easily go either way. Snap usually edges out in fan demand (though not by a significant margin), and his marketable mascot status easily makes him a valid first pick. He's often used as a face of the franchise and even got several episodes of him on his own without Rudy and Penny. He'd also be much easier to develop, since his moveset would be goofy but more straightforward than a summoner/drawer like Rudy. Still, with the budget and fidelity increase of a lot of recent newcomers, a summoner/drawer moveset for Rudy could be feasibly pulled off. Hell, Rudy/Snap as a duo has a lot of demand as well, and represents both characters. Its difficult to tell who will ultimately win out. We don't know the focus of the DLC yet, but given the devs penchant for introducing new series, I can see them picking Chalkzone for one of the DLC slots. They're also the frontrunners for their franchise (I don't see Penny, the Scrawl, Reggie, Mr. Wilter, or anyone else Hughing the slot), so aside from each other they only have to worry about out-of-series competition. Keep an eye on either of these two!

Want: 100% (Both) - I'd honestly love to see either of them, or both as a duo even! Chalkzone was such a fun and creative show, and there's endless possibilities and ideas to pull from for a moveset. Both Rudy and Snap were such fun and charming characters, and the NASB team would definitely do them both justice! Chalkzone as a whole also has tons of iconic locations, along with LOADS of music (there were music videos with original songs sung by the main trio at the end of every episode!). A less looked at but still very strong entry in the 2000's lineup, I'd love to see either of these two be DLC!

Nominations:
Otto Rocket/Reggie Rocket x10

Predictions:
Skulker - 18.47% - Denny Phantom remains popular, but with both Ember and potentially Vlad already on the roster, I don't see us getting a fourth Danny Phantom rep this game. So no confident scores here.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Rudy and Snap (I'm rating them together because the reasoning is the same for both and I don't want to write two slightly different versions of the same paragraph)

Chance: 60%

Chalkzone is an interesting case. It was the last original Nicktoon to get past three seasons until The Loud House, but it at the same time has never had any playable reps in any Nicktoons crossover game to date. In terms of actual popularity, Snap edges out Rudy, but considering that Zuko, a very highly requested character, was passed over in favor of Azula popularity isn't all that matters here. It's moveset potential, and Rudy's moveset potential is better than Snap's. A summoner character would be interesting to have (as we have none in the game right now), and the only other viable one is Eliza Thornberry. However, they're from an unrepped show, and we might not have any in the DLC due to the possibility that the DLC fighters might not even come with stages as stages were never mentioned when they discussed the DLC. Overall, if they are going for a new franchise to represent, Chalkzone isn't a bad option to go with.

Want: 50%
I've only watched a few episodes of Chalkzone, and it's an interesting show to say the least. Both Rudy and Snap would have a lot of moveset potential, although Rudy edges him out in that department because he would be an entirely new archetype that isn't in the game yet. But still, I would be fine if either of them got in, as Chalkzone is a bit of a cult classic series.

Nominate: Chuckie Finster x10

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Rudolph Tabootie II, it is utterly imperative that you use your drawing implement formed primarily out of calcite to scrawl a visual representation of an object.
Rudy Chance: 40%
Snap Chance: 75%

Yeah, I think Snap is significantly more likely than Rudy. He's the mascot of the show, and he consistently beats Rudy on every fan poll. Rudy does have respectable demand behind him, but I honestly think that's more a function of people wanting ChalkZone rep period than wanting Rudy specifically. We've seen these devs forgo a series' main character in favor of a more memorable sidekick - Nigel's probably the closest in-game analogue to Rudy, basically being the mascot of his series over Eliza herself. While you could argue Rudy has "better" moveset potential with his magic chalk, I seriously doubt you couldn't make a fun moveset for Snap out of tricks he pulls in the show. It's possible the devs could be into the whole summoning archetype (or staple two characters together for possibly the third time), but knowing them and their choices thus far, I'm inclined to think Snap is the pick here.

Rudy Want: 10%
Snap Want: 70%

I've barely seen ChalkZone, but I get the feeling that if I ever caught it on TV as a kid, I probably would've liked it. I gotta respect the dedication of a fandom as strong as ChalkZone's relative to the show's stature. As for why I'd vastly prefer Snap, he's just such an appealing design to me. Not only do I think Rudy's kind of a square from what little I've seen of the show, but I'm not big on "summoning" type characters who just conjure characters out of thin air to do a move and dip. That to me seems like a cop-out, and at that point I'd just wish you went with someone else with more moves of their own. (Something like Duck Hunt's Wild Gunmen are an exception to me given that 1.) what would the Duck Hunt Dog do, and 2.) the character's a creative representation of the whole Light Gun line of NES games.) I wouldn't complain, but Snap's the clear winner for me.
And no, I don't want them as a duo. Combining two characters with enough material to fill out a moveset on their own seems like a massive waste to me and should only be done in cases where two characters are inextricably linked, like Banjo & Kazooie, or would be better as a pair than they would apart, like Ren & Stimpy. I don't see either of those with Rudy and Snap.

Skulker Prediction: 15%
We're already [probably] getting two more Danny Phantom characters in this game. I doubt we'll get a third.

Noms to Mr. Horse

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Rudy/Snap
Chances: 65% for either of them
ChalkZone is a pretty highly requested series for this game, so I could see one of the main characters from it being added as DLC. As for who would be more likely, I'm not really sure. Snap usually ranks higher on fan polls, but Rudy is pretty high up there, too, and the devs don't just always pick the most requested character. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Want: 70% for either of them
Whoever they pick, they'll certainly be a unique and fun character. Their stage will likely be really fun, too.

Skulker prediction: 5% - We got Ember instead
Daily noms go to Scissors

Top Bottom