• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances (of Returning) - Day 6 - Mewtwo

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
WWLink is here to replace the young one, I can bet 10000 dollars on that.

I'll say 90%, It's clearer than water. Other reasons... well, I've read all and there's no more to say. Only that there aren't valid reasons justifying why he wont be in.

Edit: Ups, forgot... Nominates Soma x5

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I'll give him 30%, I think Wolf Link with Midna attacthed would make it first, then it's between him, Vaati and Tingle.

Nominate Deoxys x3, Pac-Man x2.

parrothead

Smash Lord
The link in Wind Waker is not the hero of time.. so he isn't even young Link. He was named after the hero time time.

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3155322
Compare the voice of the Hero of Time to Wind Waker Link, they sound alike. According to Young Link's trophy in SSBM, he first appeared in the very first Zelda.

Adult Link did appear in all Zelda titles, but not all of them as an adult. Same goes to Young Link, but he didn't appear in all of them as a young person.

I know there are more than two Links, but there are two types: Young and Adult.

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Icetrash, you have brought a plague upon my topic!
LOL, Im just happy that Gex got the longest voting period to date :).

Anyway Celda... hmmm he seems very popular but I always thought he was just a clone of Link, but you guys think not so in that case I give him 60%.

Nominations - Spyro(x5)

Kirye

Smash Ace
75%. He'd make a good replacement for Young Link, different look, doesn't HAVE to be cel shaded considering Brawls look, but something of a mix. WW link and MC link have lots of different gadgets, so he wouldn't be a clone of Older Link. For those saying Midna would be a better choice, hell no. Wind Waker Link is the MAIN character of Wind Waker, and he has another game coming out soon, Midna does not get priority over him. >_>

Ouendan x 5

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Meh... I've personally never been thrilled with the Celda look and while a good game in it's own right, I'm sad to say that The Wind Waker is by far my least favorite of the canonical Legend of Zelda entries (then again I've never played the CD-i titles, but I'll just take the word of unfortunate souls who had the misfortune that did...), and it isn't even due to the artistic direction, but rather because it was severely lacking in dungeons, had some overly childish presentation elements, and at times felt very tedious to play - and when a Legend of Zelda game becomes too much of a chore, you know there's a problem. Now I know my personally opinion has no bearing on this character's chances, but considering that many other longtime fans of the series had similar reception of the game - almost going so far as to split the Zelda community - this is certainly something the development team may want to bear in mind. But more important than the issue of this incarnation of Link is the fact that it would be a variation of an already existing character in the game. Sure this was done in Melee, but it had a generally poor reception, so I doubt that Sakurai and Co. are going to repeat the mistake - at least to the extent as in the previous entry... I can see WW Link as an alternate "outfit", but as a separate character, I'd say he has a 25% chance.

I nominate Mike Jones 5x.

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
Oh, god I hope I'm not too late. I hope my vacation doesn't ruin my chance to vote on this character... Hm... 50%

As awesome as I think it would be, it would go either way. The way I figure it, he should play much differently, and represent the puzzley aspect of LoZ while normal link represents combat. However, I can see tha attraction of not having two links. On the other hand, if any character were to have a double, it should be link as there are actually tons of him.

Regardless, I don't want any Zelda characters save Link, ganon, Zelda, and maybe Link.
Pokemon Trainer x5

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
60%. There has been a rumour that WW link would get in, along with baby bowser and ridley. I don't know if nintendo would pay attention to this, but if it does, the chances are high. If there wouldn't have been a rumour I would have said 30% or so.

60%

Nominate Meowth x5

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
Okay no offence Lawrencelot, but that rumour was proven false the day it was released months ago and it has continued to clog the internet since then. There's no truth in it, it wasn't started by anyone working on the game and in no way should it be the basis of any of those three characters chances to be in the game.

31 %

We won't be seeing young or as I think of him mini link in Brawl (hopefully). Still, there is plenty of link related objects and weapons to design another moveset on and claim it as one of the several other links we have had over the years. Personally, I'd perfer they do a different character all together but I can see them going this route.

Mike Jones x 5

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I think I'll give WW Link a solid 85 percent chance of appearing on Brawl as a playable character. As predictable as Nintendo is, they'll most likely add him to the roster.

Nominating the Black Knight x5

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
they never said they WOULD, either.

i dont really think WW link fits the brawl setting. if they did make him an entirely new moveset based on stuff from his game, i dont think it would look good. i mean, alot of his items are used based on the wind and such...so say his recovery is the deku leaf float. does that mean on DL64 he would no be able to recover when the tree is blowing wind against him? and he'd use it on the ground, and blow a jigglypuff off the edge to its death...sorry, but it doesnt sound like a smasher to me. 20%.

nominating...soma cruz x5!!!

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
they never said they WOULD, either.

i dont really think WW link fits the brawl setting. if they did make him an entirely new moveset based on stuff from his game, i dont think it would look good. i mean, alot of his items are used based on the wind and such...so say his recovery is the deku leaf float. does that mean on DL64 he would no be able to recover when the tree is blowing wind against him? and he'd use it on the ground, and blow a jigglypuff off the edge to its death...sorry, but it doesnt sound like a smasher to me. 20%.

nominating...soma cruz x5!!!
I'm not a fan of WW Link (or Disney Link) that much either, but realistically speaking his chances at appearing on Brawl are good.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Ahhh..Finaly to blaze.54%

Now blaze is the main conteder against lucario.Most people are always one or the other,but i do accsep both , but i like blaze better.

1.He should be in because of popularity,
non movie made fan base,
2.huminoid,
3.can be middle to heavy middle whieght,
4.represents 3rd gen
5.Could be first playible starter pokemon

A lot of peeps dis on him,but he does have a decent chance, so DON'T BAIS YOUR POSTS AND PERCENTIGES LIKE YOU DID TO WALUIGI!!!!!

Gengar(5)

0rion

Smash Journeyman
You know... If you had read the first page (like you're supposed to every update) you would have realized that before you posted the first time...
C'mon man, cut em $ome $lack. (even though he's actin like a noob) It was an hone$t mi$take ya dig?

Thi$ i$ one of the rare$t time$ I'm gonna $tick up for you so $avor the moment.

Oh Blaziken baby! I'm givin my boy a 92 % son. Holla! Muay Thai own$ and kicks a$$!

I'm gonna nominate Pac-man time$ five.

Wrath`

Smash Master
C'mon man, cut em $ome $lack. (even though he's actin like a noob) It was an hone$t mi$take ya dig?

Thi$ i$ one of the rare$t time$ I'm gonna $tick up for you so $avor the moment.

Oh Blaziken baby! I'm givin my boy a 92 % son. Holla! Muay Thai own$ and kicks a$$!

I'm gonna nominate Pac-man time$ five.
Yhea,, go orion, even tho that persentege is a bit unrealistic

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
Finnally, Blazekien is up so I can give him a big fat 5%.

First off, he's fire and fighting, which would bring nothing new to Smash. His signature moves, like Blaze Kick, would probably be the same as Capt. Falcon. Second, he's not even that important in the series, outside of being a fully evolved starter, which there are twelve of (13 if you count Pika from Yellow). Lucario is by far the better option. Another reason people want him in is because they say he would be the best rep 4 the third gen. I think Deoxys would make a much better 3rd gen rep becaue he is more well-known, important in the series (he has his own movie), and a powerful legendary. And to those people who just think he looks cool, there are much cooloer looking pkmn out there (like Lucario).

Nominations: Gengar x5

Wrath`

Smash Master
Finnally, Blazekien is up so I can give him a big fat 5%.

First off, he's fire and fighting, which would bring nothing new to Smash. His signature moves, like Blaze Kick, would probably be the same as Capt. Falcon. Second, he's not even that important in the series, outside of being a fully evolved starter, which there are twelve of (13 if you count Pika from Yellow). Lucario is by far the better option. Another reason people want him in is because they say he would be the best rep 4 the third gen. I think Deoxys would make a much better 3rd gen rep becaue he is more well-known, important in the series (he has his own movie), and a powerful legendary. And to those people who just think he looks cool, there are much cooloer looking pkmn out there (like Lucario).

Nominations: Gengar x5
Does anyone pay attention to non-biasedniss.
Screw you RVD
Blaze>>>>>>>>>>>deoxyes

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
Ha ha, yeah, go me!:chuckle:

And Rob, how could you just give em a flat out five cuz?
Does anyone pay attention to non-biasedniss.
Screw you RVD
Blaze>>>>>>>>>>>deoxyes
That was 100% unbiased. That is my honest rating of his chances in Brawl. Gengar>Lucario>Deoxys>Tyranitar>Dragonite>Blaze

And plz no one say OMFG HE IS THE PWNAGE HOW COULD HE NOT BE 100% WTF?

Wrath`

Smash Master
Reality slap,HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....gengar?0.1%

The main contender for spots are blaze,loucario,buneary and
deoxeys(WHICH I THINK DEOXEYS WILL NEVER HAPPEN)any questions !@#$%^&*()_)(*&

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
Reality slap,HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....gengar?0.1%

The main contender for spots are blaze,loucario,buneary and
deoxeys(WHICH I THINK DEOXEYS WILL NEVER HAPPEN)any questions !@#$%^&*()_)(*&
Gengar, believe it or not, is one of the most recognizable first gen pkmn, and he would be unique, fighting with punches and kicks, ghost techniques, and toungue-based attacks.

Name one thing that Blaze can do that no one else in smash can do.

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
Blaziken 5% and i'm being nice.

Never a starter would make it, simply 'cause the idea is that you choose freely between tree, If blaziken were in Brawl you're making him a favorite, and that's not the idea.

Btw, If they didn't put Squirtle, Bulbasaur or Charmander in the other smashes... Blaziken has no chance to be in Brawl.

Edit: Forgot again!!! Nominates Soma Cruz x5

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Blaziken... I don't get all the exitement about him. Yes, he'd fit in quite well and has a decent fanbase but I honestly doubt Blaziken will be in Brawl. He's from the 3rd generation which is kinda old new now, so I don't think he'll make it. I'm giving him a 15% change of appearing.

Nominations (do I still need to say?):
Diddy / Dixie x5

Stryks

Smash Hero
No just no, yes hes part fighting, but so is the monkey from the 4th gen starters, why give him a spot over any other starter pkmn, while guys that deserve the shot like lucario and deoxys get the boot?

5%

Nominates: Dark samus x 5

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
I perfer Lucario.

Balziken gets a 45% chance (actualy I can see him having a captan falcon move set)

I nominate: Paper Mario(x5)

Top Bottom