• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances (of Returning) - Day 6 - Mewtwo

Stryks

Smash Hero
I dont c it happening, I mean he wasnt in smash 64, melee why should he be in brawl now that theres 100+ new pokemon?? and RVD_Fan ur reason is stupid

0.1%

Dark samus x5

Wrath`

Smash Master
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. FINNALY GENGAR IS UP THERE. I give him an easy 80%, and if you wanna know why check the pokemon battle thread.

Let's see, who's left. Purple Windx5
Your luck i gave him 20% after blazes 5%.

80% is so far out there.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Gengar? Though I've always liked him, I think many people here are being a bit biased. I mean, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever, besides popularity, and fairly debatable at that, for Gengar to get into Brawl. If Blaziken got low, even though he's a starter and from a more recent game, Gengar should get lower.

6 %

Nominations:

5x Dark Samus

Devastlian

Smash Lord
So...I guess this thread's been beaten to death that we're gonna go through random Pokemon...

Anyway, Gengar's awesome and popular but doesn't really signify Pokemon as a whole...Or something. It's just not probable. Three percent.

Three for Lucas and two for DeMille.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Well, let's break it down. When selecting Pokemon candidates, almost every single one of them could be Smash-able, due to all of their unique powers. So when it comes to choosing pokemon, it really boils down to being a popularity contest. That in mind, from what I can see Gengar doesn't seem like he'll fare too well in that particular contest, especially against competition like Lucario and Jigglypuff. 10%

Nominate Jeff (x5)

SkiMaskSkeet

Smash Cadet
I would MUCH rather see gengar in a pokeball as a random encounter than as a playable venture. Im sure the nintendo people must agree =P

1%

nominate Phoenix Wright x 5

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Gengar's awesome, but unless he's Sakurai's favouritre Pokemon, he's not getting in, .001%.

pac-Man looks like he's easily got enough nominations for tomorrow, so nominate Ray 01 x5.

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
RVD fan your crazy for giving Gengar 80%. As much I like him, there if no way he deserves that percentage. People on here are getting abit baised now.... I think this thread is falling. Anyway I give Gengar a 3% chance of appearing.

Nominations - Bubsy(x5).

Lebonaire

Smash Rookie
2% for Gengar. Not many people want him in Smashboards, and then no-one wants him outside of smashboards.

x5 Nominate Laughing Dog from Duck Hunt.

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
Why Gengar, and not the 350 other pokemon (or how many are there). Gengar is not a main vilain like mewtwo, he doesn't appear in the anime often like jigglypuff/meowth, he might be a cool pokemon but there are just too many pokemon. Even if Brawl would get like 10 more pokemon, Gengar wouldn't be included I think. And this chance is very small.

Gengar 1%

Nominate Crash Bandicoot x5

Charzendat

Smash Apprentice
0.002008%

No, not Gengar. I like Gengar, I trained one once and named him Purple. But I can't see him being in SSBB in any way at all.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Yeah,Gengar has so many factors going againest its not even funny. First of all,hes a first gen(Meowth has a better shot because as least hes important in the show),hed like an already mentioned heavier version of Mewtwo,and hes even hes popular,hes not THAT popular. Save the poke-slots for Deoxys,Lucario,or even Meowth.

8%,and thats being REALLY generous. I nod ROB the Robot 3X and Dark Samus 2X.

Smady

Smash Master
Another thing going against Gengar would be his recovery move... Would it just be a lunge for the egde? A teleportation move? There's really no option.

Charzendat

Smash Apprentice
Well being a ghost type means he can float which would give him alot of recovery jumps. Ergo he wouldn't have a very good recovery move. Maybe a Body Slam which would lunge him forward a bit.

Smady

Smash Master
I just can't see Gengar jumping or moving at all. He's way fat and about the size of a basketball player.

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
0.5 %

I'll give him the credit of proabily being the best ghost type pokemon that would work in Brawl, but that's it. He's got nothig going for him over all the other little critters and I would be shocked if he got in.

Nominate Phoenix Wright x 5

parrothead

Smash Lord
As playable character, 0.5%. As a Pokemon found in Pokeball items, 25%.

Nominate Alice (Balloon Kid) x5.

And by the way, I believe significence and how successful the titles the characters appeared in sold are sometimes more important than popularity. Even though, EarthBound wasn't successful in America, but MOTHER 2, the Super Famicom version, was successful in Japan. I believe that successfully-sold, Japanese versions have a better chance at having their representatives in SSBB, than the successfully-sold, American versions, because Nintendo is a Japanese company. For example, Fire Emblem 7 didn't sell in Japan as successful as it did in America. They added Marth, not only because he is the very first Lord of the Fire Emblem series, but his most recent Fire Emblem appearance, Fire Emblem 3, is the most successful Fire Emblem title. I heard there were over 800,000 official copies of it sold in Japan. I know Fire Emblem 6, Roy's first Fire Emblem appearence, didn't sell too well, but Roy was added to help advertise it. Also, Sakurai was running out of developing time, and decided to add some clones to spend less time and effort. I'm pretty sure Roy won't appear in SSBB. Even though, he is interesting. Am I correct on all of this?

Earthbenderjump5

Smash Journeyman
well, he actually isn't all that fat he is only 90lb's i say 19% chance of him getting in, i think its pertty low, but i don't want any legendaries in, i don't really like them, and gengar does deserve a spot in brawl, i think he has a higher rate then alot of other people/things a whole lot

Smady

Smash Master
He's kind of like a star shape. He's as wide as he is tall. And like I said before, it's hard to imagine such a big Pokemon moving around. He has sort of... Small feet.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Umm, about Ferro's GameFAQs' Results, does anyone know where exactly he got them from? Could I get a link to the results, myself?

Just wondering, because I wanted to do a similar topic on another forum.

Earthbenderjump5

Smash Journeyman
naw i don't know

BIG POKEMON? wow your calling gengar big? he is olnly 4 feet tall, and they say Dragonite should make it? he is way too big and ludiarco is even bigger and fatter then him most of the other pokemon that people like are bigger then him much bigger, and i would've say he would walk, he could float like mewto, or walk, becaues he does both, wait i got it when he walks slow he should walk, when he is running he floats

Stryks

Smash Hero
Thats in the anime, and was just ONE episode, that alone will not affect his chances being in the game, hell the anime has little influation on smash...

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Umm, about Ferro's GameFAQs' Results, does anyone know where exactly he got them from? Could I get a link to the results, myself?

Just wondering, because I wanted to do a similar topic on another forum.
He obviously got it from the GameFAQs Super Smash Bros. Message Board... but GameFAQs is admittedly a real mess to navigate through, so here's the link: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=928518

And here's the thread you seek (for today, at least - I think that there is a brand new thread up for each voting day): http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=35116127

Top Bottom