• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances (of Returning) - Day 6 - Mewtwo

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Pacman 40%
Dark Samus 9%
Character to return to melee - Mewtwo
Nominations - Bubsy(x5)

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
I want Jigglypuff to return. Have always enjoyed playing with her and too me is the traditional easy unlockable character of Smash.

Pac Man - 24%. A classic character to be sure since anyone who hasn't heard of him has no right to call themselves a gamer. He certainly has done enough to earn a spot in Smash. Still he some downsides, one being the limited number of third party spots left open and to me I have a hard time picturing a moveset that would stay true to his roots.

Dark Samus - 31%. I don't want clones in the next smash game. Simple as that although i am willing to accept ones that at least have some effort in to play differently (ganondorf comes to mind). To be fair I haven't the greatest knowledge of Dark Samus so I am not aware of all the moves she might have that is differently then regular Samus. I would much perfer Ridley but with this character being featured so much in metroid prime, there is a chance for her appearence.

Laughing Dog x 5 I suppose

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Pac-Man: 50% He's a 3rd party. Snake's already proven that we can't accurately predict who got in in that category.

Dark Samus: 5% Metroid, however popular it is, is still mainly a franchise used to hold the interest of Nintendo's western market. Chances are that it didn't get that much rep in Smash. Metroid already has two characters in, so at most it only got one more after that. And it's pretty much widely recognized, even by DS supporters, that Ridley would have come first.

Nominate: Jeff (x5) whose inclusion relies solely on the return (or lack thereof) of...

Ness! The one character from Melee I would save if I could. I know he's one of the original 12, but he barely made it back to Melee. I have this bad feeling that Ness was replaced with Lucas in Brawl. As a Ness main and a devoted Earthbound fan, I really, really hope I'm wrong there.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Pac-man: 10% (i'm generous)

Dark Samus: 70% (she has alot of original attacks, NOT A CLONE)

I want Ridley in Brawl too, but if I had to choose it would be Dark Samus. -.-

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Dark Samus: 70% (she has alot of original attacks, NOT A CLONE)
For the record, pal, possible and probable are two very different words. Potential to not be a clone does not increase chances of appearing. Master Cheif has tons of original attacks. He wouldn't be a clone. Would you give him a 70% chance, too?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Wow im goin against HT 4 the 1st time...

master chief is a totally diferent story, hes 3rd party, and dark samus has a high chane..l

RIDLEY DESERVES THE SHOT MORE, wanted to make that clear BUT who says there cant be more metroidd characters, why just ridley??

U cant say she will be a clone if u dont know her powers/attacks/abilities, its ********, she is the main villain of the prime saga, u know the one that brought metroid from the death, i say dark samus should represent the prime saga, while ridley represents the entire series...

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Hmm... So we have a Brawl Newcomer twofer AND a Melee Returner vote...

The character that I want to return from Melee is none other than the indomitable Captain Douglas Jay Falcon...

Now on to the Newcomers... First of all, Pac-Man is a VERY likely third-party candidate and it's a crying shame that so many people seem to be so quick write him off. First of all, he is the MASCOT of Namco, a third-party company that Nintendo has a very good relationship with - a recent example being them selling Monolith Soft to the Big N as a gesture of good will, more or less... Secondly, as FDL made note of in the first post, Pac-Man is the FIRST widely recognized video game character and for a long time occupied the position that Mario now holds as the definitive videogame icon... Third, Miyamoto-san LOVES Pac-Man - Didn't he pretty much prove that with Pac-Man VS. for the GC? - Not to mention actually saying so himself... While admittedly not one of my top choices for a third-party spot, that doesn't change the fact that he is in fact one of the most likely third-party candidates (but of course he's more than welcome in my book... :)) I give Pac-Man a 75% chance of making the final cut.

*grinds ax*

Now to Dark Samus... I've been rather weary of these Dark [INSERT PROTAGONIST NAME/TITLE HERE] type characters for quite some time now - Someone really should consider closing that gateway to an alternate dimension these evil twins keep escaping through... Having played MP2: Echoes myself, I'm quite aware that Dark Samus's attacks are considerably different form that of Samus, but that doesn't change the fact that she/it veers dangerously into clone territory - a striking resemblence (which she/it bears) is often all it takes. And irregardless of whether she/it is made into a clone or not, my beef if with the fact that she would be yet another 'Samus' on the block, and two 'Samuses' are already more than enough... and if they are going to include anymore Metroid characters, I am sure that it would be someone other than simply another variant of our favorite femme fatale... *cough*Ridley*cough* so Dark Samus gets a big fat 5% from me.

I nominate Ray 01 3x and Cloud Strife 2x (Bottom Ten, here he comes! :grin:)

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Namco and Nintendo have a good relationship, Pac-Man's their mascot and is one of the most iconic game characters there is, up there with Mario and Pikachu, he CAN have a moveset, as show by the World games, he's been in a game with Mario, Miyamoto loves him, and I think five third party characters would be a good number for this game, with Snake, Sonic, Meha Man, Bomberman and Pac-Man, 60%.

As for Dark Samus, the only series I can see getting more than one character are Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, DK and Kirby, I don't think the others would get more than one, and Ridley has priority, so 15%.

Nominate Ray 01 x5.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Retaining Melee fighter: Falco.

I have this nagging feeling that we won't see four SF characters (Focks, Falco, Krystal,Wolf), like a lot of people seem to desire...and I can't seem to think of any way to un-clone Falco that doesn't involve giant rocket launchers (seriosuly, one piece of promotional art for Assault and suddenly it's his weapon of choice?). More likely, we'll only see one of the other SF hopefuls...but all the same, I hope Falco stays.

Pac-Man: 10%

Fawriel said:
But if being mutilated to star in miserable games nobody likes is what gets a character into Brawl, I'll have to think about my love for the series again.
That about sums it up. Pac-Man is awesome because the original game is so much darn fun. The character is about as ******** as you can get, and he really hasn't done anything of worth in the last two decades.

Dark Samus: 50%

The Metroid Prime games are up in the top five GCN games of all time. They need some Smash Bros. love.

Nominate: Viewtiful Joe (x5)

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
master chief is a totally diferent story, hes 3rd party, and dark samus has a high chane..l
I know, I'm with you there. I just wanted to prove that potential to not be a clone does not equal high chances of being added in.

Tera253

Smash Ace
so now we;'re rating Ganondorf, eh?
that's almost a gien, particularly since they 'vamped him up in Twilight Princess.
97.31415926%
nominate: Roy (x5)
~Tera253~

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ganondorf centrainly will be back. The last battle vs Dark Lord Ganondorf in Twilight Princess was one of my favorite boss fights ever, and the moves he used there would suit perfectly in Brawl.

I give him a good 90% change of returning. Why that low? Cause he wasn't even the main villian from TP in the first place and COULD possibly be replaced by Zant. Very unlikely, but still possible.

Nomination: Donkey Kong.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Wow. Awesome idea Ferro De Lupe. This should prove interesting.

Ganondorf get's a 98.5% in my opinion. I expect him to get a new Twilight Princess look (much like Link did) and a new moveset.

I give all my nominations to Donkey Kong.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hmm. Ganondorf gets a clear 99.9%. It would make no sense not to have him. Especially considering that Sheik will ( most likely, yadda yadda ) be cut... I heavily doubt that we will see FEWER Zelda characters.
I wonder whether he'll keep the sword. With even more range than now and disjointed hitboxes and stuff... it'll be hard NOT to make him broken. But it'll be fine as long as he retains the new-found power of the dreads.

Important question.
When voting for Young Link, do we vote specifically for the one Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask Young Link in SSBM, or just the general concept of Young Link, which will probably take form in the Wind Waker Link... or what?

Due to the uncertainty, nominations go to Luigi.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
If the comparitively obscure Kirby franchise gets it's primary (or cooler looking, whatever) antagonist, there's no way Ganondorf won't make the list. 99.9%

Marth x4
Luigi x1

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Gannondorf, eh? Let's face it, he's practically in it. Along with Link and Zelda he makes up a third of the triforce, and is needed to represent the Zelda franchise. That, and he's just plain awesome.

99.9%

Nominate: Mewtwo (x3) and Marth (x2)

Wrath`

Smash Master
I'll give Ganondorf 0.5% HE WONT COME BACK

guess no one will put that uh? Ganondorf 99% Mewtwo x5
if that stuff in red was real,i would have found you and anihalated you.

95%.he will return and hopefully with his sword.
he is my third main,but sadly he might not possibly be my main in ssbb due to changes.

nominate roy (5) can i do 5?

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
90%

Main villain of Zelda, not going anywhere.

Nominations:

Ice Climber x3
Mr. Game & Watch x2

BTW, when do we get back to the other characters?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Hes the main villain of the series, now has the sword of sages that will declone him, and not to mention he looks was cooler than in 64

99%

Falco x5

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Good Ol' Ganny. A mainstay of the Zelda franchise if every there was one. I've got no doubts that he'll be coming back. 95%.\

Nominate Ness (x5)

Top Bottom