• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Raw New Footage Of A Hot Sheik!!!

R3N0

Smash Lord

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
wow

very nice...
i watched the first match, you have some really good techniques going on there :D

what i really need to practice is to sweetspot that ****ing bair -.-
i think our playstiles are a bit alike, i just dont use fsmash at all...
god**** i hate brawl and melee being out at the same time...
it jacks my melee style to play sheik in brawl, but i`d love to main her in brawl :(
**** it

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Hey, pretty smooth style you've got going there. I'll add your vids to my thread. : P

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Not trying to sound rude but your opponent "HBK" doesn't play very intelligently as he left himself open to many attacks though out your matches, also he doesn't take full advantage of brawl new physics.

Other then that might I recommend using Sheik needles more against Ike because the speed difference is so mass that you can literately just play keep away with Ike for the majority of the match throwing needles, gay yes but once you start fighting better opponents it’s going to become a must.

R3N0

Smash Lord
I think that you're a bit bitter. He won a lotta matches b/c of my *********** and his mindgames. We don't need to abuse every minor AT that has come out. He left himself open for mindgame purposes.

on the note of the needles.. It's SO BORING and he can dash attack if I were to charge them.

It's too boring.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I think that you're a bit bitter. He won a lotta matches b/c of my *********** and his mindgames. We don't need to abuse every minor AT that has come out. He left himself open for mindgame purposes.

on the note of the needles.. It's SO BORING and he can dash attack if I were to charge them.

It's too boring.
Heh, alright that's cool and to tell you the truth I don't like doing it much either. It's just something I've recently started to do against my friends Ike(which is on crack) it really help brings the match more in my favor.

What's more fun to do though is if your just about to land right in front of Ike is to whip out the good old chain, if he's at the correct distance then you can hit him with the stun tip as it comes out, thus knocking him out of range to attack with anything but his dash or fair.

The chain is actually useful ..at times.

Lucrece

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, the video conveys that Reno feels very comfortable with Sheik.

The only critique I can offer is that it appears that Reno seems more experienced with approaching Fox's than Ike's. The Ike was able to connect too many smashes that could've been avoided. However, Ike isn't a very favorable match for Sheik, either; he is heavy (Sheik is not very good at KO'ing even lighter enemies), and has the range Sheik lacks in Brawl.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
watched a few more vids now :D

when you´re recovering, try not to shoot up into the air with you teleport, but try to keep close to the ground... in the fox matches you lost 2 lives because he waited for you to come down with an charged usmash... and you almost ate an ike fsmash in one of the other matches
you can also angle a bit less upward than you did when recovering... there isnt just straight, angled and upwards, there are 2 more ways to go (i think)

it seems you have a much harder time against ike...
tristan said you should spam needles... well, i dont like to be camping either, but listen.. you dont have to be the agressor... i know sheik seems to be in the advantage because she is way faster, but its really hard to get the hang of ike`s attacks because they can take forever to come out or can come at an instant...
let ike come to you... except for his fair ike has a hard time approaching (imo) and you can counter his forward B with needles or shield (which HBK didnt use anyway... oh well)

if you want to approach, i THINK fair to grab is a good option because you can get in the fair before ike can attack you...

or you just keep the pressur on ike like you did in match 2 (i believe it was match two)

i hope my tipps are usefull, note that most of it is theoretical and i havent tried out myself (or i´m just talking bull****, who knows)
hope i can get a few of my vids up soon ( in a few weeks)

R3N0

Smash Lord
the thing is with ike.. when yo utry to fair approach he does a retreating fair of his own, now he will hit and you wont because he has more range, and you have much shorter range as sheik. On the note of the teleporting.. I'm pretty much screwed, with the teleporting, there is no sweet spotting like there was in melee. Also because of how lame the game is in that respect, the only option was to risk teleporting into the ledge ,but if he didnt roll, it would be a death as well. I know i rolled a lot into the smashes like a complete scrub but just trying to "AVOID" getting hit gets in your head b/c of how ******** powerful his hits are.

Its a different atmosphere when you're playing and you'll really find out how bad it gets if ike retreating fairs your constantly (RETREATING FAIR CONNECTS WITH AAA combo!!!)

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
yeah i know :D i luve it too ^^
hmm.. but you could see wether you´ll hit (wether he´ll jump back) and then either dodge to shield or fair....
well dunno...
well you were doing some fair approaches anyway, and i think it might be better than running straight at him Oo

R3N0

Smash Lord
sometimes the dash attack hits him before he gets in the air.. thats why i did it.. and also i got frustrated..

Lucrece

Smash Apprentice
Understandable. I think they've just intentionally made the swordmasters of JP fandom one of the most insufferable and cheesy characters in the game. Then again, the same could be argued for the space animals.

JRAFF

Smash Cadet
Awesome.

I'm trying to master Sheik... she's my favorite character. I never played much Melee though, so she's still pretty new to me.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Hot **** you ARE one hot Shiek. Definitely the best Shiek I've seen in Brawl so far, keep it up. Great videos.

rklamer

Smash Cadet
Ehh... I stopped watching after a couple vids. I've seen better.

I mean, you're not bad... that's not the point.

Top Bottom