• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

D

Deleted member

Not sure if :079: but I think he basically confirmed him for real. Dunno.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Rather indifferent on Rayman as a character but what makes me feel good is seeing fans potentially getting their wish granted. Have to admit, I thought he was a long shot, but Sakurai once again shows his unpredictability.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Man, if this is real, the inevitable Rabbid assist trophies better be harmable because I hate those guys so much.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Super Leaky 3D Land
Leaky Kong Country
The Legend of Leaky
Leakroid
Leaky's Island
Leaky Super Star
Starleaks
Pokeleak L/K
F-Leako
Leakbound
Leak Climber
Leaker Emblem: Leakwakening
Game & Leak
LeakioWare: Mega Leakrogames
Kid Leakerus
Leakmin
Leakromite/Leak-Up
Metal Leak Solid
Sonic the Leakhog
Leaker Crossing
MegaLeak X
Leak-Out!!
Leakyblade Chronileaks
Leak Hunt
Leak Heaven
Leakman Legends

Every franchise with a playable character in Super Leak Bros., as well as Leak Heaven and Leakman legends
Lost it at Leaker Crossing. Imagine a game where you controlled Ninka, Vanroose, Sal Romano, Saint Valentine, ESRB Guy, Middle Finger to Chrom Dude, and all the other leakers in a life simulation game.

Last edited:

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
anyone with a little common sense knows this is real, the model, select screen, the video and mewtwo makes this 99% true.
I fully believe this is real, no question..but you know, there's always that little bit of "what if" doubt when it comes to this sort of thing

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Man, if this is real, the inevitable Rabbid assist trophies better be harmable because I hate those guys so much.
If it were possible to have more than one Assist Trophy at a time, and the Rabbids, if they were harmable, and Starfy were out, I'd enjoy beating up the both of them.

Never found the Rabbids to be good, personally.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Im going to be so happy if raymond is a dlc character

And for other dlcs im going to have a heart attack of excitement if any of the following are with raymond

Ice climbers.
King k rool
Bomberman
Snake
Sylux or anothny higgs or any other metroid character

Balgorxz

Smash Journeyman
I fully believe this is real, no question..but you know, there's always that little bit of "what if" doubt when it comes to this sort of thing
yeah I let the 1% if there is someone out there completely dedicated to make leaks after the game is already out which makes everything even more likely.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
The only problems I see with the leak, which doesn't really matter, is that the head is too outrageously big for the body
I mean, even the trophy of Rayman would be a better pose for the character instead of too much contrast.

zack4812

Smash Apprentice
Imagine if Rabbits Rabbids were like Pikmin for Rayman. :p

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If its real
(I believe it is) i just want to congratulate the people in this thread who were day 1 supporters.

True underdog story tbh.
Agreed. In a time when Mega Man was inevitable and Pac-Man wasn't far behind and with Snake and Sonic the Hedgehog unconfirmed, Rayman was the next top billed character who despite being a legend of gaming and in some of the best games ever made (including in the past half decade and pretty much for his entire existence) was overshadowed by the likes of Geno, Bomberman, and Black Mage, all characters with a lot less clout in gaming.

On top of that unlike those character Rayman had a base as a platformer character, which as we all know are some of the easiest to translate into fighters (since Super Smash Bros. is essentially Super Mario Bros. made into a fighting game with a lot of other genre's elements mixed in). It means like Mega Man, Rayman would be a nature fit most likely.

Overall although I am a big Rayman fan (of the character), and I did like the idea of him in Smash, it wasn't something outstanding I considered. I never was super vocal in my support. Regardless of my views, congratulations to you tried and true Rayman fans who stuck by your character you love.

You were truly Rayman's support group Origins, and now you are Rayman Legends. ;)

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD

Not sure if :079: but I think he basically confirmed him for real. Dunno.
Nah, that doesn't matter one way or the other. Voice acting is pretty close to the last part of a character's development process. If Rayman's real, Xander didn't get called in to do the voicework yet

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You sir, just expanded my dong to epic proportions after reading that. It would be so good to put an end to those furry abominations for the years of attention *****ing from Rayman in Smash as Rayman. I hope I'm not the only fan who's planning on doing that.

D

Deleted member

Nah, that doesn't matter one way or the other. Voice acting is pretty close to the last part of a character's development process. If Rayman's real, Xander didn't get called in to do the voicework yet
Yeah, that's what I thought too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So gameplay. When.
I want to see if Rayman is top tier.
True facts: If Rayman is indeed playable, he will be the 2nd Smash character out of 62 excluding alt characters (61 if you don't count :younglinkmelee: and :4tlink: as separate) that was made by a non-Japanese studio.

True facts: Rayman was made by French company and studio Ubisoft.

The first said character that was made by a non-Japanese company and playable in Smash was Diddy Kong, made by English then-Nintendo 2nd party Rareware.

So a French character and an English character. Perhaps Rayman will be the inevitable counter to Diddy Kong, eh?

(although truth be told I find Diddy Kong to be among the most interesting and deep characters in the game)

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
While it's very likely to be real, and I have nothing against him being in the game, I kind of hope it's not real just because I always feel bad when big leaks like this happen, especially to Smash Bros. Sakurai works himself almost to the point of serious harm and some jerk spoils the surprise online for 15 minutes of fame. Except not even that because leakers usually stay anonymous so...? I dunno this kind of stuff just really pisses me off

when's ice climbers

Soul.

True facts: If Rayman is indeed playable, he will be the 2nd Smash character out of 62 excluding alt characters (61 if you don't count :younglinkmelee: and :4tlink: as separate) that was made by a non-Japanese studio.

The first said character that was made by a non-Japanese company and playable in Smash was Diddy Kong, made by English then-Nintendo 2nd party Rareware.

So a French character and an English character. Perhaps Rayman will be the inevitable counter to Diddy Kong, eh?

(although truth be told I find Diddy Kong to be among the most interesting and deep characters in the game)
He would be Diddy's true counter if he could Hoo Hah. I don't know what happens after a leak is proven real but eh. Celebration I guess.
brawl diddy was better

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

And still no American made character *sigh*.

Spirst

If this is indeed legitimate, I hope Rayman gets references to 2: The Great Escape. In particular, Woods of Light music would be nice to have on a special Rayman stage.

BlurB

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure someone has mentioned this and already analyzed it - but the second I saw the footage of the yellow background noise pattern flowing through all the character portraits, that absolutely sold me.

That would take a crazy amount of work to emulate, and I think it is the singular most convincing piece of this puzzle.

Rayman hype.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
How long do you think it'll be before he's revealed? I expect him and mewtwo will be released together, so March maybe? We'll hopefully get a direct then

Last edited:

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
How long do you think it'll be before he's revealed? I expect him and mewtwo will be released together, so March maybe? We'll hopefully get a direct then
They probably will be together but I can't see it before April because the registration cutoff date is March 31. But if this is real then they're probably a good part of the way done so I could see early-mid April.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
So gameplay. When.
I want to see if Rayman is top tier.
I doubt you'll see it soon.The leaker doesn't have gameplay footage as h it as sent to him.I'm sure whoever he got it from wouldn't want to end up like the ESRB guy so it's best for him just to send pics.Heck the 13 sec clip was a little to much

Top Bottom