• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
xD Imo, that happened to me as well for some reason, haha. But yeah, although now her name is Pipann apparently, I still call her Spanex because it sounds so badass. Just like her awesome art.
xD Wait, no, I remember it now, it was confused with "Expandex" because it sounded kinda similar! =u= I owe her mostly the How to draw Rayman tutorial and again, the Ray Ezio drawing that got me into the AC series.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
xD Wait, no, I remember it now, it was confused with "Expandex" because it sounded kinda similar! =u= I owe her mostly the How to draw Rayman tutorial and again, the Ray Ezio drawing that got me into the AC series.
:3 That's great, it's really funny, you got inspired to draw Ray from her, then I got inspired to draw Ray because of you. xD

AndreaAC

:3 That's great, it's really funny, you got inspired to draw Ray from her, then I got inspired to draw Ray because of you. xD
xD Well, I always owe something to the artists I got inspired from, mostly her because it gave me a better idea to start sketching Ray's poses, and the artist that made the Ridley doodles that kind of inspired the style I use to draw Ridley. Haha. :3

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
xD But I mean...why? why is he naked, or why is he a head in a DUCK'S BODY?

O_O I mean, with Rayomz. did they thought of it like a...fanservice or what? and what were they even drinking with the duck thing?
Again, craziness. Or as Tahu said, them being "Silly". Even though they never really was... THAT silly, right?

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
xD But I mean...why? why is he naked, or why is he a head in a DUCK'S BODY?

O_O I mean, with Rayomz. did they thought of it like a...fanservice or what? and what were they even drinking with the duck thing?
KoopaKungFu!

But yeah, what SuperSega said.

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
The only thing that's weirder to me than Rayman streaking in Legends was Globox doing so as well!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
=u= Not as far as I can remember, I mean, the only most memorable silly thing was the Grimace.
Yeah, R1 wasn't really "THAT" silly and crazy, R2 definitely wasn't in that way, nor was R3 to that extent... Imo, R2/3 was really how I liked the series, not Too dark nor too silly...

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
The original trilogy kept a good balance of seriousness and humor. It's in RO/RL where they really pushed it to the fullest.

AndreaAC

Yeah, R1 wasn't really "THAT" silly and crazy, R2 definitely wasn't in that way, nor was R3 to that extent... Imo, R2/3 was really how I liked the series, not Too dark nor too silly...
Again, the Original Tri was perfect as it was. Some may disagree but at least they were different to one another then just a previous game's 2.0 version like RO/RL/RA.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Again, the Original Tri was perfect as it was. Some may disagree but at least they were different to one another theN just a previous game's 2.0 version like RO/RL/RA.
THIS. Exactly 1000% agrees with you.

Now, now, you can't blame everything on the Rabbids. There must have been another reason why Ubisoft changed the style.
=u= Well, ok then...but really...it seemed right then and there, other than that badass R4 concept with the Rabbids being actually epic like, the spinoff games made them and Rayman seem more of a joke in comparison to the original Trilogy...

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Again, the Original Tri was perfect as it was. Some may disagree but at least they were different to one another then just a previous game's 2.0 version like RO/RL/RA.
Oh, definitely. Each game in the original trilogy felt entirely different, while RO and RL kinda felt the same.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Now, now, you can't blame everything on the Rabbids. There must have been another reason why Ubisoft changed the style.
Not sure if it's trustworthy, but quoting the Origins' page on the Rayman Pirate Community Wiki.

"The characters' sillier behaviour is not a sign of immaturity, but is intended to give the game a more light-hearted feel and help it to appeal to a wider audience."

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Not sure if it's trustworthy, but quoting the Origins' page on the Rayman Pirate Community Wiki.

"The characters' sillier behaviour is not a sign of immaturity, but is intended to give the game a more light-hearted feel and help it to appeal to a wider audience."
If it's true, that's a perfectly good reason if you ask me. Since Rayman is a franchise mostly aimed towards children, they'd make some changes for it to appeal to that audience more, though I still kinda wish they still had some bits of seriousness instead of all silly.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
If it's true, that's a perfectly good reason if you ask me. Since Rayman is a franchise mostly aimed towards children, they'd make some changes for it to appeal to that audience more, though I still kinda wish they still had some bits of seriousness instead of all silly.
It's most likely it, although deep down, this kind of attitude is why the Sonic games hasn't been the best they use to be, because these companies desire to abandon the core fanbase, the ones that grew up with the series, and catter to the new generation, kids, and makes the games more silly and childish instead of more devoted and how it use to be like in the past...

I don't hate entirely the new way Rayman is, but I fell if that's the reason for this direction, it just alienates the fanbase more than helps it...

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I defiantly agree, but I don't mind Origins and Legends taking a sillier direction, if it was something that stuck with the whole series, then it would be troublesome.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
It's most likely it, although deep down, this kind of attitude is why the Sonic games hasn't been the best they use to be, because these companies desire to abandon the core fanbase, the ones that grew up with the series, and catter to the new generation, kids, and makes the games more silly and childish instead of more devoted and how it use to be like in the past...

I don't hate entirely the new way Rayman is, but I fell if that's the reason for this direction, it just alienates the fanbase more than helps it...
Well, RO/RL are not bad by any means. Ubisoft just needs to start noticing the old school fans like us as well.

AndreaAC

=u= Yeah, that, and making Roger Craig Smith doing some bad lines for Sonic, like the "I can't swim" one, and as for Ray, at least I got used to the gibberish, and David's voice will be always godlike, but instead, we got this:

-u- It makes me glad he didn't performed for it, and, the only line I understand from all that is "Yay".

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well, RO/RL are not bad by any means. Ubisoft just needs to start noticing the old school fans like us as well.
They're solid games. Definitely not bad games in the slightest.

What got with me about this whole thing is this. Rayman 3 "promised" Rayman 4. I had expectations for a game like the Trilogy, and I didn't in the end. Rayman Origins is a nice step from the Rabbids, indeed, but deep down ,it's not the Rayman I wanted as a kid. That's really why I feel this way about it...

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
They're solid games. Definitely not bad games in the slightest.

What got with me about this whole thing is this. Rayman 3 "promised" Rayman 4. I had expectations for a game like the Trilogy, and I didn't in the end. Rayman Origins is a nice step from the Rabbids, indeed, but deep down ,it's not the Rayman I wanted as a kid. That's really why I feel this way about it...
I'm sure we're all waiting for that Rayman 4. All we can do is hope they keep their word.

Top Bottom