• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RC Ganon Challenge

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace

I want to find out who the best brawl Ganondorf player in AUS is, so RC seems like a good place to decide it.

At the moment, seaDORF (QLD) will be playing luke atyeo (ACT) for the bragging rights, but I want to open it up for anyone to compete. rangaDORF and I will also be having a crack.

I'm assuming we probably can't do this at the actual tournament because setups will be needed for tournament matches, so we'll probably just do it in our hotel room at CQ - I'm guessing there aren't that many decent Ganondorf players so expect numbers to be relatively small lol if that isn't the case I'm sure we can work around it.

Along with seaDORF, I hosted a couple of Ganon tourneys in QLD and we adapted the standard ruleset to best suit Ganon dittos, so we'll be using them.

Rules

- :ganondorf: vs. :ganondorf:
- 3 stocks.
- 4 min timer (matches cannot be won via time outs).
- No items.
- If a game ends with Ganondorf performing a flame choke (forward B) off the stage, grabbing his opponent and both players losing their last stock, the player performing the flame choke wins. Even if it results as a win for his opponent or ends in sudden death.
- Stages: battlefield, smashville, yoshi's island, pirate ship(?), delfino plaza(?). No ban/counter picks, random selection.

Current Contenders
oldmanDORF
seaDORF
rangaDORF
luke ateyo (current best AUS Ganon)
gaganova
corpsecreate
zxv
splice
toki
marteh
scabe
MTGod

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
Wouldn't it make more sense just to have no timer at all, then?
no timer can lead to stale play.. however a timer can lead to a time out.
we want the matches to be played aggressively without boring tactics, that's why we use the 4min timer no time out rule - you have to play to win via KO's (or SD's lol).

Zxv

Smash Lord
4 min isn't enough in Brawl. If you want to avoid stale matches, 8 minute timer is long enough to ensure the game is played without constricting the match and doesn't allow for *too* much stalling. Minimum timer should be at LEAST 6 minutes imo.

Ganon dittos go fast, anyway. I doubt you'll have to worry about matches being timed out... Especially if there's no money on the line. Having a 4 minute timer simply adds another things for players to worry about when they should be focusing on the TOTAL ANNIHILATION OF ALL THOSE WHO OPPOSE THEM, the way God intended Ganon dittos to be.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
HAHAHA, **** yeh i want to play ganondorf dittos with everyone. It's the only reason i play brawl.

Also i was thinking before oldman, the only thing we stand a chance in against anyone are drinking challenges and ganondorf dittos. How much skill is needed in both of those hahaha. We're so talented.

Don't put me up there to btw. Regardless of what the ganon boards say, luke deserves to be respected as the best ganon for beating ant. I haven't beaten anyone notable with ganondorf yet so we'll see how i go at rc.

@zxv: None of my ganon dittos have gone for more than 3 minutes. Anyone who plays ganon patiently in dittos deserves to die.

EDIT: Meeeeeh, brawl is a campy game though. The campiest ganon who punishes approaches and gimps the best will most likely win.

Zxv

Smash Lord
None of my Ganon dittos last longer than 3 minutes either.

I'm just saying there's a big difference between a match that lasts 4 minutes with an 8 minute timer and a 4 minute match with a 4 minute timer.

Pointless to add that kind of stress to this kind of match.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
None of my Ganon dittos last longer than 3 minutes either.

I'm just saying there's a big difference between a match that lasts 4 minutes with an 8 minute timer and a 4 minute match with a 4 minute timer.

Pointless to add that kind of stress to this kind of match.
Yeh that's a good point. We should incorporate that into the rules. Just put an 8 minute timer but no time-outs into that oldman. I couldn't imagine an 8 minute ditto though. Sounds ridiculous.

@ranga: Welcome to the boards. New to the scene? I will destroy you at any challenge ranga. Sensible bets?

Zxv

Smash Lord
Yeah. How about 8 minute timer, double DQ for timeouts?

I personally would be disgusted to see a timed-out Ganon ditto.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Lol it'll only time out if you guys are massive cok suckers.
That being said, to any gay guy, you'd be a cant licker.
To any bi person.
Stfu and make up your mind you slot.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
I guess you have a point zxv, but seriously 4 minutes is heaps of time for a Ganon ditto.. Ganondorf has max power/kill potential with an awful recovery, so it leads to constant deaths.. most of our matches only go for a couple of minutes, it only really drags on longer than that if people are playing gay.. 6min might be acceptable.

Drinking challenges will commence after Ganon challenges.. nobody will beat us at that lol

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Well, in a sculling contest, i'd get beaten pretty easily. I'm an incredibly slow sculler but can out-drink most people over a long time frame (8 hours or w/e).

I have complete faith in oldman and ranga. Their stomachs must be huge. Jbirds can back this up as well. Ranga downs a schooner in like 2 seconds.

@condog: It clashes i'm pretty sure, has to be frame-perfect though. The ganon d-airing has to predict the coming u-air as d-air is heaps slower.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Pretty sure only ZSS has an air that can clash.
I'd guess U-air would win out, though.

Edit: Actually, nfi.
About anything.

Zxv

Smash Lord
Most aerials don't clash, do they? Don't they just trade? I'm fairly certain Ganon's down-air trades with his up-air.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Haha, I know that.
I could bring a friend down with me who could destroy you guys at drinking, though.
But...
He's too busy being in some other country.
Bah.

Edit:

****, like 10 posts in 5 minutes, lmao.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Yeh they trade when timed right. I've been in situations in a ganon dittos where both ganons are double ko'd.

1 ganon is recovering off-stage, other ganon comes for the stomp (both on high percents). Gimping ganon d-airs early (hitbox is bigger than people think) while the other ganon u-airs and both get ko'd. I find that it's the electricity at the end of his foot that trades the damage as u-air has slightly more range.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
D air can clash with D air lolol DOUBLE SPIKE

Kas, we're referring to smashers at RC.. not anybody geez.. so far you are the closest to our drinking abilities from the smash scene, and that's saying something :| hahaha

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Yeah I meant trade Zxv haha xD

I'm trying to find out how viable planking is against another Ganondorf c:

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
if you plank you'll be kindly asked to gtfo and go play mk.
you can plank by edge hogging and U airing constantly, but you can get D air spiked in the process.
Considering how horrible Ganon's recovery is, not worth it.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Yeh it's pretty ****ing homo. That's ranga's favourite tactic when he's losing or on high %'s.. Bails to his ****ing ledge and just u-air camps until i get sick and tired of his **** and fast fall stomp.

Ganon can be such a **** in dittos. You have to have a decent off-stage game to win usually.

Splice

Smash Hero
4 minute timer to try to prevent time-out... derp.

I'd like to participate in this.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
**** yeh toki!!!

what's an ideal day to do this btw? we're down there from monday 27th to the following monday after rc wkend.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
hmm yeah that's a good question.

mon - arrive/unpack
tue - ????
wed - ????
thur - ????
fri - ???? / 'social' day
sat - RC
sun - RC
mon - 5am leave

one day we'll be with m2k, one day we'll do the Ganon challenge and we'll be seeing non-smashers from melbourne some of the other days.. guess it depends when everyone's in melb.

edit: and lots of time for drinking/going out.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
If the roosters make the grand final, i'm not participating in anything sunday. I'm flying out to sydney to watch the game.

C'MONNN EASSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTSSS

**** the titans

Top Bottom