• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reactions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I started shaking when I heard Doc's voice, when I saw "Little Mac Punches In" I screamed "YES!"
I tried to hold my excitement but I kept shaking and shaking and shaking. I laughed at Samus and Mac, and at the end of the trailer with the chocolate. Mac looks incredible, and I'm happy that Mac Baby has finally made it into Smash.
He so rightfully deserves it.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I never liked the idea of having him in Smash. From what I' seen and heard of him, he seemed too real and too uninteresting in terms of playstyle.
The video was pretty epic though and now I'm perfectly happy with his inclusion.

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
I started shaking when I heard Doc's voice, when I saw "Little Mac Punches In" I screamed "YES!"
I tried to hold my excitement but I kept shaking and shaking and shaking. I laughed at Samus and Mac, and at the end of the trailer with the chocolate. Mac looks incredible, and I'm happy that Mac Baby has finally made it into Smash.
I did the exact same as you did! With the exception of shaking, me and my brother were just going,"YES YES YES LITTLE MAC IS IN!! HE MADE IT IN!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!! LITTLE MAC'S IN!!!!

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Well, my initial reaction was sh*tting myself with excitement. Then, everything aligned in a beautiful collage of art and bike-stealing chocolate munchers. This is the 2nd newcomer I've had hype for, although Mega Man's reaction was FAR grander. But I'm glad he made it in, and the Boxing Ring is actually a Punch-Out!! stage, like EVERYONE SAID.

Super pumped he's not entering my graveyard.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
My daughter was looking at me funny cause the whole time I'm screaming Little Mac!!! Little Mac!!! Him and Mega Man were my 2 most wanted newcomers.

splat

Smash Lord
First notes started playing and I was like "AWW YIS".
Then my Direct stream stopped playing and didn't return until the trailer was almost over.

Xman321

Smash Apprentice
Alright, so the ring is a little mac stage, though I honestly kinda liked it being an original.

Anyway, I found out from this fourm, went back, and saw the trailer.

I smiled.

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
I was so happy, I couldn't speak! I just screamed "They were right! They were right!" (To the people that made the speculation about how Little Mac was going to be in Smash, with the Smash circuit and everything).

B-But all he can do is Punch! HAHAHAHAHA WHO IS LAUGHING NOW?

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
I did the exact same as you did! With the exception of shaking, me and my brother were just going,"YES YES YES LITTLE MAC IS IN!! HE MADE IT IN!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!! LITTLE MAC'S IN!!!!

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
My daughter was looking at me funny cause the whole time I'm screaming Little Mac!!! Little Mac!!! Him and Mega Man were my 2 most wanted newcomers.
Hahaha! I was jumping up and down dancing while the trailer was going screaming Yahoo! My 2 year old just seemed perplexed.

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
I was so happy, I couldn't speak! I just screamed "They were right! They were right!" (To the people that made the speculation about how Little Mac was going to be in Smash, with the Smash circuit and everything).

B-But all he can do is Punch! HAHAHAHAHA WHO IS LAUGHING NOW?
HAHA, YEAH!!!

yoonb

Smash Journeyman
I don't really react to much, but Little Mac got me super hyped. I literally just screamed "oh my god" which in turn got me in trouble from my devout parents, but yeah. I'm super excited. Love him.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I think I did cheering and couching motions like Doc was while watching him just train more and more. Damn, hasn't he gone a long way... I think I remember the times he was just a mere fatso in Captain Rainbow.

And then just look at all the kickassness he went. He looks really, really cool. Freaking fast. He even packs the Star Punch-move as his own mechanic. Overall, just beyond happy and proud to see him in this game.

I can't wait to try him out, he might perhaps be my new main just by how cool he looks.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.

No offense to those of you excited. But this wasn't interesting at all to me, and I still think he's pretty bland outside of the charge meter.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Despite not being a Little Mac fan, I'm really glad he finally made it, plus his gameplay looks AWESOME. I really hope Doc Louis will show up though ._. He just HAVE to be in the background like the Pokémon Trainer.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
My testicles crawled up into my body like retreating mollusks into the sunless safety of their shell.

Then... after I realized Little Mac happened and there was no turning back time I re-watched the video several twenty times.

At the end of it all, my heart grew three sizes that day (just in time for Valentine's), my body warmed up, I accepted the inclusion and all the happy fans wildest dreams that came with his appearance, and my testicles returned to their natural post.

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
That trailer was waaay better than Rosalina's.

I'm super glad Mac got promoted from AT to playable character, and I can't help but hope that Doc is a "call" like the Star Fox team and the codec. He looks awesome and while I'm unsurprised that he's in, I'm still excited (especially since now everyone can shut up about whether or not the ring is his stage).

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I had a browser up for Nintendo Direct, expecting it to show up tomorrow. I was watching a video on youtube and kept on hearing a strange voice, so I pause the video that I am watching, try to find the source of the noise. The Nintendo Direct tab is clicked showing Little Mac on the screen. My eyes couldn't believe what they were seeing, my excitement hit me so hard I didn't even know if what I saw was real. So I looked up Little Mac for SSB4 on Youtube and found the video. Screaming with joy my day just got better knowing one of my favorite childhood video game characters was playable and is going to be one of my mains.

Groose

Smash Champion
That trailer was waaay better than Rosalina's.

I'm super glad Mac got promoted from AT to playable character, and I can't help but hope that Doc is a "call" like the Star Fox team and the codec. He looks awesome and while I'm unsurprised that he's in, I'm still excited (especially since now everyone can shut up about whether or not the ring is his stage).
That trailer was the best one so far. No messing around with misdirection--just straight to the point. Add in some epic, pumping music and Doc Louis commentating everything, and, I think we have what will remain the best trailer.

Xman321

Smash Apprentice
That trailer was the best one so far. No messing around with misdirection--just straight to the point. Add in some epic, pumping music and Doc Louis commentating everything, and, I think we have what will remain the best trailer.
Hopefully it gets better, it was awesome, but I want MORE!!!

*ahem*, but yeah, I kinda hope Doc is in the game doing this all the time, or at least sometimes, like Wii Fit Trainer

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I think Mega Man's was the best, honestly, but this is a close second. Miss Fit's is third, and poor Villager's hardly counts.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Well color me interested, guys. I certainly had my doubts but Little Mac looks good in action. :D Look at that speed. Good job Sakurai. And congrats to the Little Mac supporters.
Also I'm loving the comic book style of the trailer, along with the sweet music playing. Still I'm more hyped for Rosalina. Carry on.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Matt from Two Best Friends Play suffered brain damage from hype overload. (checked the TBFP facebook)

The guy is a huge Mac supporter so he ended up typing gibberish after the reveal.

Last edited:

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983

Happily surprised.
I was expecting Diddy + Dixie or Palutena for valentine's day and all but finally having a proper boxing character works. I've wanted one in Smash ever since I played Street Fighter 3 [whatever edition].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom