• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

read disc er rors

Veng

Smash Ace
Ive only noticed this on brawl, everytime I start up ( if its with hacks or not ) it takes like 5 trys before it reads it.

Has anyone else gotten this? its really effing annoying and if it requires me getting a new wii, eff it.

Edit: my bro says it does it on call of duty sometimes too

Anyone know why?

Maku

Smash Apprentice
Huh?
Are you talking about using a Soft modded Wii?
Are you launching with Gamma Channel? (Backup Launcher)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
My friend's disc only occasionally does this when someone chooses MK.
Ironically, he mains MK.

Ange

Smash Lord
Ive heard this has been happening to alot of Brawl discs.
It has occured to me once.

But since this happened to CoT too, it could be your Wii disk driver.

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
I've heard many things, but Nintendo claims it's because some Wiis do not read dual layered discs properly. They advise you to ship it to them for repair.

I've had experience with your problems, but I didn't do a thing about it. It just started working again... O_o

LuLLo

Smash Ace
A friend of mine had this, first began Brawl (dual layer error) and after 2 weeks all his other games. Better send it for repairs asap.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I feel like I have a rather good area of expertise here, since it's happened to my Wii TWICE now.

Anywho, its from contamination of the lens, smoke or something. It's easily fixed for free by Nintendo, however, if you don't want to send your Wii in, you can buy Nintedo's Lens Cleaner from their official store, around $10, and multiple cleanings can be used. I just ordered mine a week ago, and I should be getting it on Friday.

Good luck with your disk read error problem, it'll continually get worse and worse, I reccomend the lens cleaner.

AcesWild

Smash Apprentice
i've been playing since day one, and its only recently started doing this to me. its also annoying because it'll read and i can play for about 15 minutes before it craps out on me. my wii also starts to sound like its going to fly to the moon...

McFweeFwee

Smash Rookie
It hasn't done this to me (at least yet) but my friend had the same problem and he sent it to Nintendo for them to look at.

Dont.Forget.To.Smile

Smash Rookie
I have this problem for one music track on the disc. If a match starts and it's on Battlefield, theres like a 1 in 5 chance the whole Wii freezes (depending on which song loads, I think its Battlefield ver2) and makes a never-ending high pitched beeeeeep.

at least its on a seldom played stage....... oh wait.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Mine has always been like this. When I got Brawl, the Wii became very loud when it played the game. I'm assuming this is because Brawl is dual layered.

Now, it struggles to get the game running at all. I don't have a problem with running any other games (well....not including backup launcher games), but it is a pain.

Yet, it's more of a pain to send my Wii to Nintendo for repairs. So **** it.

Recoil

Smash Journeyman
I have this problem for one music track on the disc. If a match starts and it's on Battlefield, theres like a 1 in 5 chance the whole Wii freezes (depending on which song loads, I think its Battlefield ver2) and makes a never-ending high pitched beeeeeep.

at least its on a seldom played stage....... oh wait.
If you went to my music and turned that specific song to 0%, would it solve it?

Mine had that problems too, but I switched to a new disc and it started working... yet that exact same disc that didn't work on mine worked on another Wii.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I feel like I have a rather good area of expertise here, since it's happened to my Wii TWICE now.

Anywho, its from contamination of the lens, smoke or something. It's easily fixed for free by Nintendo, however, if you don't want to send your Wii in, you can buy Nintedo's Lens Cleaner from their official store, around $10, and multiple cleanings can be used. I just ordered mine a week ago, and I should be getting it on Friday.

Good luck with your disk read error problem, it'll continually get worse and worse, I reccomend the lens cleaner.
Yeah, this sounds likely for me as well. Second-hand, cigarette smoke ftl.

Top Bottom