• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Really odd tether behavior

Kmac0

Smash Cadet
The effects seem to mirror that of the Invisible ceiling glitch, but at no point do I see a known method of activating it. It could have had something to do with you being hit out of the grapple rising animation with a certain angle of knockback. This might be a new method of activating the ICG.

cisyphus

Smash Ace
You definitely collided with the wall, so I don't think the tether has anything to actually do with this. Does someone have the geometry of FD handy somewhere? My theory right now is you caught some ASDI/SDI into an angled portion of FD that provided the odd trajectory. That or it's some permutation of invicible ceiling glitch for much the same reasons.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
That thing is quite common to me, so I always taught it was just something that the tether could normally do, but it was not possible all the times because the tether needed to actually target the wall instead of the ledge for it to work....

Mervis

Smash Journeyman
It looks like you got stage spike by the Dair which led to some whacky things Iunno

Seal

Smash Journeyman
It's just something.... that the Grapple Beam does in Melee, nothing odd.
It can attach itself to walls, not just to the ledge.
That thing is quite common to me, so I always taught it was just something that the tether could normally do, but it was not possible all the times because the tether needed to actually target the wall instead of the ledge for it to work....
He's not talking about tethering to the stage, he's talking about how he shot off to the left after being hit by Falcons d-air.

Top Bottom