• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Really strange and mystical problem.

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so I was playing Brawl, and I had beaten the SSE and had unlocked every character but Wolf. Then suddenly when I am playing one day my screen goes white and says that he can not read the disk. So I turned of my Wii and tried again. But from then every time that I put my disk in my Wii and I start the game it will give the same error when the game loads after those warning messages about how to hold your remote and so on.

First I thought that my Wii must be bad and since I live in Europe I can not send it to Nintendo( Brawl is not out here too, I use a Freeloader to play SSBB).

So I bought two other Wiis second hand. (Actually I only wanted to buy one but the third was so cheap that when I sell it I will get much more money than I had paid for it.)

So then I tried to play Brawl on the second Wii and exact the same thing happened as with my first Wii. First it works, then it gets the no read thing and won't work at all anymore.

So I tried on my third Wii, and the same thing that happened with my first two Wiis happened here.

So does anyone have any idea why every Wii that I use SSBB in will get a no read error after a few hours, and will stop being able to play SSBB after that?

Ah, and I also was not able to play some things in the vault like Coin launcher. Even when the game still worked I got the no read error when I tried the coin launcher game. And I tried it on my first 2 Wiis.

Blaze924

Smash Apprentice
this is happening to my friend, i think its the brawl not the wii & btw it has no scratches

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
It sounds like the copy of Brawl is corrupt. There's an error of some kind on the disc that only triggers when a certain in-game event occurs, and once that's there, the game can't load up anymore. My guess is it's one of the characters or stages, perhaps?

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
Hhhm.... My copy has some scratches, they are in a circel, could it be possible my Wii made them?

My SSBB copy was always either in my Wii or in its box, and the scratches are exactly in a circel....

Top Bottom