• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reason for zamus?

TASAH

Smash Rookie
lol **** lol *** lol hot

(and being female, I'm a little biased toward chick characters)

srsly though

I haven't studied Brawl as in-depth as most people here (that's why I joined, after all), but one main thing is simply her speed. I always go for fast characters in fighting games. She's balanced, like for instance Fox and Sonic are obviously fast, but they're so all over the place that I have no idea what I'm doing with them. Not saying they're bad, because some people rock as them. I don't--at all. Her range is good and she has 3 different good jumps (one of the "jumps" being the Up-B tether).

Besides that, I just find that I do best as her. *shrug*

EDIT: & Forward-B FTW

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
I've been a Metroid fan for quite a while now and wanted to play with Samus really bad in melee, but I really sucked with her. Now Brawl is here and I tried Samus again. I still kinda suck with her, but without the Power Suit she plays fantastic and the feel of how she moves in the game is awesome. The same goes for the attacks she has, everything is just perfect (except for the too high short hop, but that's a minor detail =P ).

ll Mafia ll

Smash Apprentice
To be able to use a final smash without sucking the rest of the match

If I use F.S. at all.

Kotep

Smash Cadet
To be completely honest--sexiest female Smash Brothers character yet.

Well...maybe Sheik...

But yeah.

I guess she's fast and stuff too. Also good for making pictures. :3

Tristan_win

Not dead.
The reason I use Zamus is because I think she has more technically potential then any other charters in the game and I believe personally she is the best character in brawl.

After I realize that Sheik wasn’t as good as she use to be one of the first characters I started to play with was Zamus and she fit that niche fairly nicely but with range longer then Marth.

Her grab game is much better then most characters and for the most part her down throw easily set people up to be combo even if they perfectly DI away from you and air dodge you still have a good chance of hitting them if you space yourself correctly

Though I didn't realize this immediately after my first time playing with Zamus but she is naturally a defensive character. (This is good because brawl is much more defensive game then melee.) Which wasn't what I was really expecting truthfully, but luckily her defensive game is so fantastic that it's impossible to approach Zamus at the beginning of the round without getting countered into a combo or even getting killed.

The items you start near you at the beginning of each match have about as much knock back as getting hit by a thrown baseball bat and as long as they are kept them in constant motion by your throws not only can't they be pick up but they make great temporary bouncing barriers that will keep your enemies at bay or even kill.

If you wish for me to continue or go more in depth I will but I think my point was made.

Katalicious

Smash Rookie
I have a short question, though. I want to play zamus, but what do I do against projectile-spamming opponents?

brawler_pit

Smash Apprentice
zamus?

I was just wondering what everyone's reasons were for playing zamus? Please keep it TACTICS.
Wen u say zamus u mean samus or zero suit ?

anyways - samus or zereo suit are both changeable in Brawl which offers players great flexiblity during a standard 5 man survival. strt off with samus to cause som intense damge and wen u get a smash ball which wil probably be towrads the end, get zero suit speed to avoid extra damage to stop loosing health as zero suit is more faster and edgile.

altogether, players choice in battle using one chacter
power or speed ?

masterin zero suit samus is the step forward to mastreing samus.

although i dnt fink zero suit samus is all that as it laks power but can com in handy i guess

wasnt expecting this, i was hopin for samus to beta smash ataks

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Holy crap reading the previous post made my IQ drop about 50 points and I feel like gouging out my eyes while ****** the founders of the English language.

This is the Zero Suit Samus board, we talk about Zero Suit Samus here.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Good god Brawler, if you are going to post please at least had a decent idea you are talking about!

Also there is no excuse to have that many spelling errors in any post since there is a spell checker.

Ørion

Smash Ace
Thanks for your answers guys, its nice to hear that people play as her for tactical reasons. I agree that she is probably the best character in brawl and has enormous possiblility.

Garde

Smash Ace
The first time I saw her on the official Brawl site, I knew she'd be my new main (or was hoping, I was worried you'd only be able to play her through using FSes and wouldn't be tourney legal). I don't think she's the best character in Brawl, but I think she's the most fun. She doesn't really get a lot of easy kills (most of her KO moves work at 90+% or are risky), and she is very spacing oriented (something I like). She has a pretty unique set of moves, and seems to have a lot of hidden potential if you spend time figuring out her nuances. I continue to find out cool little tricks (mostly thanks to you guys) about her and it makes my mind spin with all the possible effective uses.

Her incredible recovery ability is really the hook that caught me. I have a really big soft spot for characters that can make come backs, and she's definitely one of them. There have been countless matches where I am faced against an opponent with some tactic/move I'm not familiar with or I SD from lag and I get a stock disadvantage. I guess a lot of opponents think that they've won once they get a stock advantage and don't try as hard or something, but I've been able to come back with a single stock left against opponents with three stock left. None of those come backs were easy, but when you play her really defensively, she has the potential to survive for a very long time.

Definitely not the best character overall, but she is my most reliable character and seems very solid with good mind game potential.

Top Bottom