• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reasons why smash 4 will probably suck

D

Deleted member

The worst thing that can happen is...

That thing entering in the roster instead of Mewtwo or Lucario.
It is Mewtwo, just a different form.

And honestly, I don't see how including this form in Smash in some variation is remotely a bad idea.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Any game that is not Melee will probably be worse than Melee.
64 to melee, nobody flips ****. Melee to barlw, **** storm. Some people do go overboard and see melee as gods gift to the earth. Not me. I wouldn't need to reference the other two games to tell you why brawl sucks.

D

Deleted member

Explicitly stated that it isn't Mewtwo, still claiming it's Mewtwo.
It was promised that Mewtwo would get a new form in the movie and this looks to be Mewtwo's new form. It might get a new name, but it is still a form of Mewtwo.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, you know how people are with their nostalgia goggles. Anything new to them is considered worse then the holocaust.
People love to cling to the past, when they should look to the future.

It's not too different from those Melee purists of the Smash community, Ocarina of Time purists of the Zelda communities and, like finalark mentioned, the infamous Pokémon "genwunners" and other such people.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
I wouldn't mind his new form in SSB4. I also wouldn't mind if it was just a costume for Mewtwo like Wario/Ware.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
/ignores all the spam replies above

I personally don't mind half of the things you mentioned, but I sure hope they don't have nearly as bad an online experience as Brawl. I've never seen an online game before with that much lag built into the game in all my years of gaming. I don't think it's the servers as much as we'd like to blame them, it's most likely due to bad coding on Nintendo's part.
I Have...xD its called ''Gears of War 2''

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
How would Buutwo even work as a costume? His *** is on his head and half of Mewtwo's moveset involves tail swipes.
Precisely what I said. I guess the move set could be revamped to have less tail swipes (most of them were dumb anyway), or Newtwo and Mewtwo could function as a gimmick of sorts.

Madhatt3r626

Smash Rookie
I agree with this thread. Melee was the perfect game and making brawl "user-friendly" took all the skill and fun out of playing while annoying me to no end.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Scary gay thing is that Mewthree is like killing 2 Pidgeys with one stone..

#1 it represents Gen6

#2 Mewtwo is heavily requested..

Sakurai: Ow lets stick Mewthree in! Everyone will be happy..

Ow..how wrong he is...(-_-)

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Smash 4 will obviously suck because Ridley will be in it. He's so big, we'll only have room for two more characters! :troll:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'm surprised nobody thought that Mewtwo's new form could be a simple transformation Final Smash, like Wario-Man or Giga Bowser. After all, it IS just a new Forme.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Mewthree appearing as an alternate form makes so much sense for an additional reason: if I remember correctly, most people who want Mewtwo suggest he be reworked or altered a bit. Add in the new form to get Mewtwo back and in better shape than Melee, all the while representing generation six at the same time.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Scary "gay" thing? lolwat?

True that. Some people will ***** no matter what.

Friggin' genwunners.
Real talk though pokemon does get worse & worse...so can you really blame the ''genwunners?'' xD PeePz cling to the past because.

Past games>Modern Games.

You know past games were like the devs actually cared about making something special instead of nothing but old paper with dead president ****ers on em...?

Were dev's put there passion/soul into a games story/music?

When Dev's put time & effort into creating awsome memorable rivals/bosses that were appealing and actually had history/personality behind them..not just some ruffled up joke...?

And most of all games that werent like The Lollypop man across the road that holds the kids hand to cross the road/finish the game...

Pokemon: Gen 1/2 > 3 > the rest...although B&W1 was good...
Mario: Super Mario 64>>>Sunshine> Galaxy is garbage...

Cant judge Zelda because i have never played em...going through Ocarina as we speak my first ever time playing it...(@_@) yh i know..

The only games that havent been butcherd that hard is Metroid & DK..

But yh them two series have alot less installments compared to Mario/Zelda/Pokemon

1 bad game each though...Other M & Well wouldnt say DKCR is bad but ofc its nothing ob DKC Trilogy & DK64...

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Real talk though pokemon does get worse & worse...so can you really blame the ''genwunners?'' xD PeePz cling to the past because.

Past games>Modern Games.

You know past games were like the devs actually cared about making something special instead of nothing but old paper with dead president ****ers on em...?

When Dev's put time & effort into creating awsome memorable rivals/bosses that were appealing and actually had history/personality behind them..not just some ruffled up joke...?

And most of all games that werent like The Lollypop man across the road that holds the kids hand to cross the road/finish the game...

Cant judge Zelda because i have never played em...going through Ocarina as we speak my first ever time playing it...(@_@) yh i know..

But yh them two series have alot less installments compared to Mario/Zelda/Pokemon

1 bad game each though...Other M & Well wouldnt say DKCR is bad but ofc its nothing ob DKC Trilogy & DK64...
Pokemon X and Y looks promising. Mario galaxy is one of the best mario games I played, Galaxy 2 even got a 10/10 by IGN. Dev team still produce" memorable rivals/bosses", but you don't see it as memorable maybe because it mainly didn't occur in your childhood. It is occuring to the nintendo-fan children nowadays that will consider these "Non memorable rivals/bosses" in your opinion as memorable and awsome :)

Vaati

Smash Rookie
I played all the generations so I'm not a genwunner... but I liked the Pokémon design of the early generations a lot more. Just look at the three starters of the first generations and the three of the sixth (don't know how to write it lol)... the first ones are just so simple and cute... the newer are forced and are pretty weird, even the eyes have becomen more simple and less deep, just look at them. But there is actually no problem for me, we still have the old games and the new ones are funny too. About Mario Galaxy I can just say that it was a really good game, especially fighting Bowser was really cool (said by a person who still loves playing Super Mario Bros. 3). If you don't like the new games just play the old ones.

BUT... PLEASE DON'T PUT THAT UGLY THING IN SSB4, JUST PUT ZOROARK IF YOU DON'T WANNA PUT MEWTWO OR LUCARIO!!!

finalark

SNORLAX

Past games>Modern Games.
Two things:

1: Explain how the Pokemon games are getting "worse and worse" because aside from the mistep that was D/P/Pl the games have done nothing but improved with every installment.

2: You just hit a major nerve of mine, so I really, really hope you're prepared for a very long argument. Saying that past games are better than current games is the biggest load of nostalgia fueled bull**** I have ever heard. At time progresses, things age, as things age and better things come out, Those better things use current technology to improve upon past games.

Goldeneye 007 is not a better game than Call of Duty 4.

Knights of the Old Republic is not a better game than Mass Effect.

Everquest is not a better game than World of Warcraft.

Excuse me, but have you ever actually played any current gen games? Have you seen the crazy attention to detail in the Mass Effect games? Or have you seen how much love and care went into making the Bioshock games? Or how Uncharted was born of a genuine love of cheesy treasuring hunting movies and for a desire to do something different?

Again, have you actually played any GOOD current gen games? The boss fight with Bob Barbas in DMC really sticks out for me as a good current-gen boss fight. Throughout the game he's using his power over the media to turn the world against you, constantly slandering your name and taunting you. And when you finally get to kick his ass, it's crazy awesome and somehow manages to make the words "news themed boss fight" into something incredible.

Oh, and on top of all of that he has the personality of Bill O'Riely.

You know that most games have a "hard" setting and that many games on hard are actually hard, right?

No joke, IMO gen 1 kinda sucks. So does Mario 64, with Galaxy and Sunshine being massive improvements over it.

If you're talking about Nintendo franchises, I'd like to say that abouto 99% of them are doing just fine.

Scratch that, 100% of them. Nintendo never butchered everything. Oh,and if you think current games are too easy go pick up a copy of Radiant Dawn or X-Com then come back to me when your dreams are crushed and your soldiers are being slain left and right.

I haven't played DKCR but I will agree that Other M sucks balls.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I really don't know why a lot of people think that old games are better than new games. Sure, the old games might have been a little more genuine, but a lot of new games are unbelievably awesome and worth every penny. What I'm saying is, just because a new game is based off an older game, doesn't mean that the development team hasn't spent time and effort into it. Pokemon X and Y has a lot of effort embedded in it to show genwunners that Gen1 isn't the only Gen that's good.

finalark

SNORLAX
What people forget is that even in the old days the amount of uninspired and cash-grabbing games still outnumbered the goods ones. Hell, there's a used game store where I live and in the NES/MS/SNES/GEN/ect. section there's maybe and handful of games I'd actually want to play while the rest are all shovelware garbage.

The only real difference between releases then and now is that enough time has pasted for people to forget about the bad games and to only remember the good ones. Hell, when the kids growing up on Wii/PS3/360 grow up I'm sure in twenty years we'll hear about how ****ing awesome games like Arkham Asylum and Blazblue are while that generation contently forgets about all of the shovelware on the Wii or the numerous generic FPS on the PS360. A lot like how the generation that grew up with the SNES/Genesis manages to forget about the endless Sonic clones.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
What people forget is that even in the old days the amount of uninspired and cash-grabbing games still outnumbered the goods ones. Hell, there's a used game store where I live and in the NES/MS/SNES/GEN/ect. section there's maybe and handful of games I'd actually want to play while the rest are all shovelware garbage.

The only real difference between releases then and now is that enough time has pasted for people to forget about the bad games and to only remember the good ones. Hell, when the kids growing up on Wii/PS3/360 grow up I'm sure in twenty years we'll hear about how ****ing awesome games like Arkham Asylum and Blazblue are while that generation contently forgets about all of the shovelware on the Wii or the numerous generic FPS on the PS360. A lot like how the generation that grew up with the SNES/Genesis manages to forget about the endless Sonic clones.
I completely agree, every generation has its' positives.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

Hmmmm yh....i am too much of a Nostalga freak no doubt...but come one mario 64 sucks? Really? Also i dont do arguments so if you wanna win then you have won.

finalark

SNORLAX
Hmmmm yh....i am too much of a Nostalga freak no doubt...but come one mario 64 sucks? Really? Also i dont do arguments so if you wanna win then you have won.
It's not that I want to win, it's more than I'm curious to know your reasons. I suppose "debate" would be a better word.

As for Mario 64, I wouldn't say that it's horribly god awful or anything. It's just that it hasn't aged very well. You have to really wrestle with the awkward camera, Mario is stiff and doesn't control very well, the levels get very gimmicky and unimaginative near the end of the game (seriously, Nintendo, a second ice world?) not to mention that you're given vague goals and objectives leaving you running around for a while trying to figure out what to do, thus padding the game out.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, it was a very good and very influential game in 1996 but it just hasn't aged very well.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
It's not that I want to win, it's more than I'm curious to know your reasons. I suppose "debate" would be a better word.

As for Mario 64, I wouldn't say that it's horribly god awful or anything. It's just that it hasn't aged very well. You have to really wrestle with the awkward camera, Mario is stiff and doesn't control very well, the levels get very gimmicky and unimaginative near the end of the game (seriously, Nintendo, a second ice world?) not to mention that you're given vague goals and objectives leaving you running around for a while trying to figure out what to do, thus padding the game out.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, it was a very good and very influential game in 1996 but it just hasn't aged very well.
Hmmm...well...i got Galaxy 2 for free..still havent played it...im on the forest temple boss of Ocarina &after i finiSh Ocarina ima play Majora.

Damn Zelda is sooo good cant believe i have never played it before...also i gotta question its bugging me as a gamer..

The first Zelda i actually bought and finished was Phantom Hourglass was really fun had not much trouble completing it...but damn i find Ocarina pretty hard i had to resort to the guide a few times in some places...its making me feel like i suck and ima scumbag..yet i finished the whole Metroid Prime trilogy without any help only used a guide for the Artifacts & Sky Temple keys...

I love metroid way more than Zelda just getting into Zelda...i mean Metroid is harder than Zelda right? Why do i suck?

The times were i used the guide was really stupid though...Like cheesy stupid...

Do you guys think Metroid is harder/more difficult than Zelda?

...i heard Majora is alot harder than Ocarina too...gulp...

bearsfan092

Smash Journeyman

I totally agree with you on the camera as half of controlling Mario is fighting that camera. However, I disagree that Mario doesn't control well. If you get good at the game, you can do some truly bat**** insane things with Mario. I'd say he's a lot less forgiving than other incarnations, particularly Sunshine with that easy-mode hover nozzle.

finalark

SNORLAX
I totally agree with you on the camera as half of controlling Mario is fighting that camera. However, I disagree that Mario doesn't control well. If you get good at the game, you can do some truly bat**** insane things with Mario. I'd say he's a lot less forgiving than other incarnations, particularly Sunshine with that easy-mode hover nozzle.
Thanks to Nintendo I got a free copy of Mario 64 for VC. Maybe I'll give it another play through this weekend. I just remember the controls weren't entirely precise.

Or might have been that awkward and horribly designed controller that the N64 had.

Vaati

Smash Rookie
It's just about the games that we played during our childhood. I constantly played Pokemon Blue and later tLoZ Minish Cap, so I enjoy Minish Cap even more than the new Zelda games, but that is just because I grew up with it and it gives me a lot of great memories. All the games are good, it just differs from person to person.

Top Bottom