• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recommend me a converter?

MasterShake

Smash Lord
So I bought the wrong dazzle and inadvertently saved money, but now I need to convert my .vob files into .wmv's. What's my best option here?

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Ah I'm not sure which Dazzle I have (white $50 one?) but I run windows vista...but now I will look up Vlade's suggestions.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Sounds like the latest model (that I've seen) of Dazzle DVD Recorder (used to be red, box is still red I think). Idk wtf a .vob file is though. Mine (red one) defaults to mpeg2 for "DVD Quality", with a couple other options (some avis with not-so-great compression, mpeg 1, or if you pay extra mp4).

xoxokev

Smash Lord
are you using Pinnacle Studio to capture? the DVD recorder software that it comes with can only capture as .vob, but if you capture in Studio, i believe it can save to .avi

Vlade

Social Outcast
That's right, just remember that the video isn't being captured in avi but rather it is being converted to avi after it is captured :)

Not sure if there's a wmv option in Pinnacle Studio though

MasterShake

Smash Lord
I am capturing it with the pinnacle dvd recorder software it came with, I don't think it also came with pinnacle studio. However that prism video converter did work for me.

Top Bottom